Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Corky Carpenter and the rest of his merry men are scoring a ton of runs. Look out here they come! They don't have that dumb ass as a coach any more. This second half was supposed to be set up for us to walk away from everybody else. What a joke!

Like the Murphy move. He has always been a proven consistent hitter. Right now we can't really rely on Russell, Happ, Almora and the unproven Bote to provide any kind of consistent offense. We are still in 1st place, but dang the Cards are hot. Been saying all along I didn't want them to sneak into the playoffs because their SP is very good.
I think was is hard to believe is all year we have never really had our entire team clicking at once. If the offense is hot the pitching is rough. Now the pitching has been solid the last week and the hitting is sucking. Our defense has at least been great all year. I have to believe we'll have a good stretch where they put all 3 phases together... soon I hope :)

Tonight's game isn't over yet, but this is more like it. Two nights in a row, get the lead and keep adding on. Take care of business against the teams you're supposed to. Let the Cardinals worry about chasing us and dealing with the Rockies. And this just in; Cole Hamels has been a revelation. What a pickup!

Man where would we be without that Hamels pickup, wow has he been great! With Votto out, we definitely need to take care of the Reds. Find a way to win today's game with a AAA pitcher pitching would be nice.

Ok this is getting ridiculous, in a good way. And he entered the game late as a pinch hitter/defensive replacement. And Murphy. And Mills on the bump with a strong outing.

Shifting gears a bit here. What is the Milwaukee Brewer front office smoking? They couldn't work out a deal for Matt Harvey? How did he look today.They're going to ride Junior Guerra like he's Man O War? Their first mistake was letting Scooter Gennett get away. They thought Jonathon Villar and that Segura guy were better Now they go out and trade for more infielders. But not to bolster their rotation. Well the Cubs have won another game in dramatic fashion. And the pressure is on the Archheads to keep winning, too!

Ok this is getting ridiculous, in a good way. And he entered the game late as a pinch hitter/defensive replacement. And Murphy. And Mills on the bump with a strong outing.

Shifting gears a bit here. What is the Milwaukee Brewer front office smoking? They couldn't work out a deal for Matt Harvey? How did he look today.They're going to ride Junior Guerra like he's Man O War? Their first mistake was letting Scooter Gennett get away. They thought Jonathon Villar and that Segura guy were better Now they go out and trade for more infielders. But not to bolster their rotation. Well the Cubs have won another game in dramatic fashion. And the pressure is on the Archheads to keep winning, too!
Archheads Lol I like it! Now I know what to call them!

I'm actually friendly with many Cardinal fans. And I respect their franchise. And I love the city and my experiences at Busch Stadium. But that was too catchy to pass up.
I'm surrounded by archheads and they are scum bags! I've even had them get in my face and tell how stupid I am for being a Cub fan! I have zero respect for anything in red! Their announcers are asses and anyway the archheads are trying their best to copy Joe to a T. The other night the big A-Hole announcer blurted out it's the 8th. inning so it's time to get the better fielders in. They've never done that but they sure are paying attention to whatever the Cubs do.

Hamels is loving his time in Chicago. It's like he got rejuvenated. Let's hope Darvish will be 100% for next year if not.....where do we go next?

I'm surrounded by archheads and they are scum bags! I've even had them get in my face and tell how stupid I am for being a Cub fan! I have zero respect for anything in red! Their announcers are asses and anyway the archheads are trying their best to copy Joe to a T. The other night the big A-Hole announcer blurted out it's the 8th. inning so it's time to get the better fielders in. They've never done that but they sure are paying attention to whatever the Cubs do.
You got the announcer part right. Mike Shannon had no use for the Cubs as a player or as a broadcaster. It kills them to have to look up a the Cubs in the stadings because they think winning the division nis an inherent right.

Nice sweep of the Reds, did what we needed to do to them. We get the Mets now who aren't good, but bad timing as we get both Syndergard and DeGrom. Must find a way to get 2 of 3 from them this series. Our SP has been much better the last 2 weeks! Love me some David Bote! Man he is clutch and is playing a near perfect 3B.

Cubs and Mets tied 1-1, bottom of ninth. David Bote due up fourth in the inning.

EDIT: He's due to lead off the tenth inning...at noon today.

Last edited:

Latest posts