Noah Fant

what an odd exchange considering Iowa is 4-1 and Noah is leading the country in TD catches for tight ends. BTW, of course all of the family is Nebraska fans, which is all the more great IMO.
Good for Noah he chose Iowa. I doubt he would have had this much success at Nebraska, or most places.

Good for Noah he chose Iowa. I doubt he would have had this much success at Nebraska, or most places.
exactly, seems odd - you would think that the Fant's would be very appreciative for what Iowa has provided to him. He was a 3 star kid, who wasn't a sure fire guy who was going to be playing on Sunday's less than a year ago.

On a side note, when he hit his head on that running play, my immediate thought was, "Uh, oh, possibly a concussion there," and there are rumors that he did in fact suffer a concussion on that play. He hit his head hard on that turf. We'll have to wait and see what the staff says later in the week. If he's out, you can bet that the staff will keep IU guessing during the week, i.e., "game time decision."

Even the best RB in the country won't play if he doesn't make grades. Greene was what they used to call "Prop 48" (don't know if they use it any longer), but had to sit out his freshman year due to academics. They didn't improve so he enrolled at Kirkwood for his soph year and got his grades up. His junior year was his breakout year; he won the Doak Walker award. After the bowl game, he announced his eligibility for the NFL draft.

So, as you can see, he DID get all the reps he could before his breakout year.
Shonn Greene was not a prop 48 player. You are mistaken. He had 200+ rushing yards that season....so, not sure how that would have been possible.

Just out of curiosity, I went back to check the Wisconsin game, the two Iowa drives to begin the 4th quarter. The 1st series Fant was in 1 of 3 plays and Iowa went 3 and out. The 2nd series he was in intermittently but wasn't in on the 3rd and 5 pass play that was not converted. He wasn't in on any of the 3rd down attempts (Iowa was 1 of 3).

Just out of curiosity, I went back to check the Wisconsin game, the two Iowa drives to begin the 4th quarter. The 1st series Fant was in 1 of 3 plays and Iowa went 3 and out. The 2nd series he was in intermittently but wasn't in on the 3rd and 5 pass play that was not converted. He wasn't in on any of the 3rd down attempts (Iowa was 1 of 3).
Wow. To not have him in on 3rd down plays is inexcusable. Unless he was hurt, of course.

exactly, seems odd - you would think that the Fant's would be very appreciative for what Iowa has provided to him. He was a 3 star kid, who wasn't a sure fire guy who was going to be playing on Sunday's less than a year ago.

I think he was definitely at least a very solid 4* kid, wasn't he? Wasn't he almost approaching 5*?

I think so to. I'd rather have Fant and Hockensen in there than any combination of WR's. They are easy targets for Stanley.
What do I know? I can't get a job coaching football from my daddy. Guess I'll have to stick to voicing unpopular opinions. ;)

This is just a bad look all around and I don't like the idea of bad blood between ANY player's family and fans.

All of this would be unfortunate if the player himself has no issue with how he is being utilized by the staff and is pleased with his time as a Hawkeye.

We only know how some others feel......so far.