Noah Fant

Its a bunch about nothing. Its life. At least he hasnt done a radio show. Some of you would be pissed if you saw KF tryng to nurse a lead by running headlong into the line and 8 or 9 angry defenders while a guy is isolated 1 on 1 with a smaller defender. Fant should get more opportunities. Part of it is KF and a QB that is a game manager who throws to open defenders....i jest..

But seriously a bunch about nothing. Sometimes the Iowa O is a bunch of crap. Doubt the agreement inludes relatives. How many of you have been parents of a h s or college athlete? Normal to question a coach.

Well just looking at the face value of his comment, I don’t disagree that Fant should play almost every down. If nothing else he draws attention and if he weren’t we should be able to take advantage of that. Heck, he could probably play WR to.

Wow, they really are pathetic.
I should have said Willie F’s comment about “30 years of mediocrity” sounds like something a Nebraska fan would say about Iowa which wouldn’t be surprising in Omaha. Other than that, the family may be Iowa, Nebraska and/or other fans for all I know, which is nothing.

I should have said Willie F’s comment about “30 years of mediocrity” sounds like something a Nebraska fan would say about Iowa which wouldn’t be surprising in Omaha. Other than that, the family may be Iowa, Nebraska and/or other fans for all I know, which is nothing.
It’s a troll account. Willie’s actual account is nothing like that, I’ve followed him for quite a while.

His brother, OTOH, is a legitimate douche.

As Moses confirmed earlier in this thread, Chris is Noah's brother and coach at his high school. Willie is Noah's dad.

Reading the tea leaves on this situation, it appears to confirm how I felt that NF would out of here after this season barring a major injury.

Rob- I think we all agree Noah is done after this year. Imagine the outrage around here if Iowa goes to a mid-tier bowl and Fant is persuaded by his "handlers" to skip it to protect himself from injury/prepare for the combine.

Only having 2 targets is a legitimate question. Anything less than 5 targets/game to both Fant and Hock is a little strange. That said, after Fant got dinged on the end around, I can understand being careful with him.
One of the more head scratching play calls we've recently had... I was not a fan of that one at all.
Was he really only targeted twice? I thought he had more than that but maybe not. Yeah I'd think we'd call his # more often but the passing game isn't something I'm going to jump up and down to complain about after that game. Besides that beyond terrible INT that Stanley threw I'm not going to 2nd guess many of his decisions. He played great pretty much besides that

Doesn't Fant get on average a Touchdown every game. SFTU! Obviously Fant takes away a lot of the attention and Hockenson is thriving. That's a compliment in its own. They guy is going to get to an NFL team and make a butt loads of $$$, so shut up brother.

It's only pertinent if you know that Shonn Greene was the best RB on the team, pretty much the minute he first stepped foot on campus.

Even the best RB in the country won't play if he doesn't make grades. Greene was what they used to call "Prop 48" (don't know if they use it any longer), but had to sit out his freshman year due to academics. They didn't improve so he enrolled at Kirkwood for his soph year and got his grades up. His junior year was his breakout year; he won the Doak Walker award. After the bowl game, he announced his eligibility for the NFL draft.

So, as you can see, he DID get all the reps he could before his breakout year.

Maybe Iowa also is trying to limit hits on him as they know he'll make a 1st round draft choice to some team and get 1st round $$$.

Let's honor his brother's wishes and give it to him every other play so that eventually he'll get injured and maybe crush his NFL chances. Cripes bro, look at the BIG picture. You should be saying thanks to the U of Iowa, one of the best TE schools in the nation.

Latest posts