No way Paterno survives this if he knew.

I think that Paterno bears the responsibility here moreso than McQueary.

I can imagine McQueary witnessing that and becoming completely panicked and shocked to the point of inaction... He might have been traumatized by it as well, and so in going to Paterno,he was seeking guidance and comfort from the guy who had basically presided over his life.

Paterno immediately should have told McQueary to call the police, tell them what he saw and he would be right over. Instead Paterno's reaction gives the impression of "oy vey, I'll take care of this."

What bothers me about McQueary is that the kid saw him. He's probably thinking that he has some help when McQueary walked in then he turns around and runs away.

I think that Paterno bears the responsibility here moreso than McQueary.

I can imagine McQueary witnessing that and becoming completely panicked and shocked to the point of inaction... He might have been traumatized by it as well, and so in going to Paterno,he was seeking guidance and comfort from the guy who had basically presided over his life.

Paterno immediately should have told McQueary to call the police, tell them what he saw and he would be right over. Instead Paterno's reaction gives the impression of "oy vey, I'll take care of this."
I can see this. But still, I think when he left he would have thought, crap, I need to go back and help that kid.

I can't think of anything more serious than this in any sport at any level.

They've had some similar issues up in Canada with a junior hockey coach (or two) and molestation, but I don't think even those cases involved so many or happened over such a length of time. Not to mention, the cover up.

or maybe he was just freaked out and it didnt really hit home with him that it was a boy vs two dudes, if i came across OKF4PREZ and Briankaldenberg (spelling) in the shower getting it on i'd probably take off too...

absolutely should have stepped down. absolutely insane that they kept this secret. i mean, these are kids being raped. kids being raped.

After reading most of the Attorney General report, this whole situation is sickening. What was going through the heads of the people who decided not to report incidents to police as well as not press criminal charges on the incidents that were reported? Everybody involved should be immediately removed from their positions as well as face huge legal penalties. I am actually outraged that this whole situation happened, and then was allowed to keep happening. What is it about a guy that makes him think raping a kid is okay?

Edit: Also, how many people were actually victims of this, and how long had this gone on? They listed 8 victims plus a kid named "B.K." who they couldn't contact. Certainly more to this is yet to be reported.

Last edited:
It is known that child molesters might as well be dead men if they are going to prison... most prison inmates/gangs absolutely hate child molesters and often times put a hit on them.

I hope all of these ******** get what they deserve. This is absolutely sickening and I can't even begin to explain how angry this whole story makes me.

I'm sure Joe Pa followed the system in place, but you can't not tell the police about that. That's some serious stuff.

The whole story is crazy , i would urge people to read the ENTIRE attorney generals report

I agree, it's nuts all the stuff this guy did. Hearing "he molested children" isn't the same as reading all those details. It really is disturbing how determined this guy was.

I've read the whole attorney general's report and it is indeed sickening. I actually feel a little ashamed I kept reading but I wanted to understand the situation. These ARE only allegations at this point and Sandusky has a lot of people standing up for his character. There's way too much smoke here though for there not to be a big fire problem. Curly, Schultze and Paterno will all be gone by next season. Sandusky will suffer the rest of his life which I don't think will be long enough. The question on a football forum is how much does this affect the program? It's not like there'll be NCAA sanctions on something like this. Paterno hasn't really been the coach for a while now. Do they just carry on and survive essentially unscathed or does this sort of thing turn off potential recruits for years?

Joe Pa has doddering old guy syndrome working for him. Kind of like how Reagan was able to dodge going down with the Iran / Contra thing. You just look confused and say you can't remember and everyone believes you.

This story already came out in 2001:

touched-jerry-sandusky-paperback-cover-art.jpg

New copies still available:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Touched-Jerry-Sandusky-Story/dp/1582613575/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320666353&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story (9781582613574): Jerry Sandusky: Books[/ame]

Many Penn St fans think Paterno has thrown the former GA and now assistant coach McQueary under the bus with his statement that he hadn't been told how bad the situation was.
(An assistant coach naked in the shower fondling a 10 year old boy can ever be anything less than terrible?) I am wondering if McQueary and other coaches quit due to Paterno's actions (or lack thereof ) and statements. At least I wouldn't want to work for a lying POS.

There is no way you can continue to think Joe Paterno is a "classy" coach or individual after reading the attorney general's report. He put the interests of the program ahead of the well-being of young boys who were being raped, plain and simple. What the GA saw should have been reported IMMEDIATELY to police. Paterno is complicit here. If he refuses to step down, he needs to be fired.

If Jerry Sandusky allegations are true, Penn State and Joe Paterno deserve part of the blame | Wise, Washington Post

Latest posts