New video board going up today

A new picture was post today.

533579_10151477678156574_1693499251_n.jpg

Gazette photographer Brian Ray with some photos from the top of the north parking ramp. He tweeted that the back side of the video ribbon board would be the same as the back of the press box. I assume the white part is to be pulled off once installation is complete.

BPZgRjXCIAEfGUR.jpg:large

BPZf8WcCQAEjmf4.jpg:large

BPZfWEHCMAApqDp.jpg:large

And that officially ends the parking ramp game watchers. They even took out the view of the scoreboard

No Worries! Just wait until the new 12 story children's hospital is finished. The hole in the ground is huge, bigger than the hollow the football field is in. Massive structure w/ 2 more stories underground plus 4 stories of parking beneath that.

I wonder if they will put the inpatient units on the West side instead of the East as they are now. After seeing what the architects did w/ the new cancer center infusion area in PFP I wouldn't be surprised if they have some major glass installed overlooking the 50 yard line.

It will be interesting to see what they come up w/ to mitigate the view from the pediatrics units. Athletics might just decide to wrap the ribbon across the back of the East stands to block it.

Is this anything like Jacksonville's proposal to run another NFL game on a big-screen in order to provide "entertainment"
(Entertainment = keep the patrons' minds off the crummy product on the field)

Gazette photographer Brian Ray with some photos from the top of the north parking ramp. He tweeted that the back side of the video ribbon board would be the same as the back of the press box. I assume the white part is to be pulled off once installation is complete.

BPZgRjXCIAEfGUR.jpg:large

BPZf8WcCQAEjmf4.jpg:large

BPZfWEHCMAApqDp.jpg:large

And "completed" shots, Brian?

Here is another article from back in May from Daktronics that says they are also adding video boards above the tunnels in each corner, which I hadn't read about before.

"There will also be four auxiliary displays – one above each tunnel entry – that measure more than 3 feet high by 13 feet wide. These displays will provide the opportunity to showcase sponsors throughout events and provide up-to-the-minute statistics and game information." - University of Iowa Upgrades with Daktronics

Heard some noise coming from Kinnick this morning while walking to my office. Easily heard at the Newton Road ramp w/ a wicked slap echo coming off of the VA hospital. Sounded vintage Daktronics from what I could hear. Daktronics really needs to learn how to use a TEF. Stadium sound isn't that hard to do. Their systems always seem to sound loud, harsh and thin. I think it might be the "make it idiot proof" mentality. Overall quality suffers in order to protect the system from damage.

Latest posts