New video board going up today

It will put Iowa somewhere between Indy and Nebby, about middle of the pack in the B1G. But, most importantly, it will knock lil bro out of the top 25. ;)

Can't wait to see the Missouri State, UNI, N.Dakota State and other FCS highlights on a 30x120 foot HD board. Recruits must be salivating over the possibilities... Oh, and check out that sound system.

Then again, I'd just as soon hear the Hawkeye Marching Band and see some BCS teams wander into Kinnick and show up on that awesome BIG board. If only Barta could schedule as BIG as he videos.

Good to see we have somebody new to insert this complaint into every thread no matter what the original content. Thanks Guy!

How about running commentary like they do on the in1 tour (if that's the name). Just some hammerhead screaming into the microphone with every play. "Helicopter with the nasty dunk baaaaaaaammmm!!!!"

How about running commentary like they do on the in1 tour (if that's the name). Just some hammerhead screaming into the microphone with every play. "Helicopter with the nasty dunk baaaaaaaammmm!!!!"

UNI basketball already has that covered.

I'm waiting for the Daktronics guys to get to my house, so I can be connected. The fact that fans can now signal when to call timeouts to the coaching staff is truly revolutionary. I also like the fact that you can increase the urgency based on the situation. Here are the levels and what flashes on the board:

1) Defcon 1 - Yeah that's right, call the timeout now.
2) Defcon 2 - Why are you wasting time, every second counts now, and you have three of the mother-****ers.
3) Defcon 3 - Jesus Christ, at least have him spike it.
4) Defcon 4 - NO, don't spike it now, it's fourth freaking down.
5) Defcon 5 - Holy freaking shat, really substitutions, call the God Damn timeout.
6) Defcon 6 - Really, no timeout, more substitutions, and then you freaking run it. Inconceivable!!!!
7) Defcon 7 - Still no time out, how much do we pay this freaking guy?
8) Defcon 8 - How do you manage to call a timeout and still not get the play off?
9) Defcon 9 - Just ******* punt it.

Why isn't this a bigger deal for the fans? When they put the new videoboard in Ames, there were time-lapse videos and tons of attention. This seems to be as big of a deal.

9 mil would of bought a lot of men's urinals.

So, when are they going to upgrade those hideous analog screens inside CHA?

I'm waiting for the Daktronics guys to get to my house, so I can be
connected. The fact that fans can now
signal when to call timeouts to the coaching staff is truly revolutionary. I
also like the fact that you can increase the urgency based on the situation. Here are the levels and what flashes on the board:

1) Defcon 1 - Yeah that's right, call the timeout now.
2) Defcon 2 - Why are you wasting time, every second counts now, and you have three of the mother-****ers.
3) Defcon 3 - Jesus Christ, at least have him spike it.
4) Defcon 4 - NO, don't spike it now, it's fourth freaking down.
5) Defcon 5 - Holy freaking shat, really substitutions, call the God Damn timeout.
6) Defcon 6 - Really, no timeout, more substitutions, and then you freaking run it. Inconceivable!!!!
7) Defcon 7 - Still no time out, how much do we pay this freaking guy?
8) Defcon 8 - How do you manage to call a timeout and still not get the play off?
9) Defcon 9 - Just ******* punt it.

I like this post. I think you may be on to something.

I like the graffiti that has been spray-painted over. Gang action? Or just a former girlfriend?

Y'all have gang action there?? My guess former girlfriend that attempted to be a gangbanger who just wants attention... obviously it was DJK duh.

BM-_4IcCAAMtGp5.jpg:large

Latest posts