New Developments favor ISU joining the big ten

What's good about the Big 10 right now? Them and the Big East are the two worst football conferences in the country...by far!

Add Notre Dame and Mizzou would be smart for the Big 10

Whats good about the Big 10? How about money and stability for starters

Hawk7 pretty cool stuff right there. See the problem is ISU beat Iowa so maybe Iowa should contact the MVC? But I hold firm that a Big 10 offer may be made to ISU in the next round of expansion by the Big 10.

How in the he!! Are you guys gonna pay off that 40 million in debt you acquired?????

Aside from nebby most big 10 schools don't even know ISU exists. I got crap this past week from cousins in Michigan making fun of us losing in triple overtime to a mid major

How in the he!! Are you guys gonna pay off that 40 million in debt you acquired?????

Aside from nebby most big 10 schools don't even know ISU exists. I got crap this past week from cousins in Michigan making fun of us losing in triple overtime to a mid major

Yes. I got crap from the Badgers, here behind the cheddar curtain.

I'm an Iowa fan speculating on big ten expansion, I dislike ISU and hope they don't join.

When ISU gets regulated to a lower conference, going to be tough but would settle for becoming a Husker fan (puke) rather than rooting for you ****s. You see states like Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas where their rival schools are sticking up for each other in realignment. Frankly, the state of Iowa (universities, government, and leadership) have been quiet in this ordeal which will cost the state millions if ISU is left out. Frankly, I could give a **** about Iowa right now.

When ISU gets regulated to a lower conference, going to be tough but would settle for becoming a Husker fan (puke) rather than rooting for you ****s. You see states like Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas where their rival schools are sticking up for each other in realignment. Frankly, the state of Iowa (universities, government, and leadership) have been quiet in this ordeal which will cost the state millions if ISU is left out. Frankly, I could give a **** about Iowa right now.

Iowa *should* be the least of your worries right now.

It would be nice if ISU could bring anything to aid in their defense, but they can't. what would you like legislators to do, make ISU not suck? It can't be done.

Don't worry I'm sure CPR will still be proud in the MAC.

Not sure why you're scared of ISU joining the B1G? Are you afraid of what we may accomplish with twice the revenue?

We wouldn't like it because the per team B10 payouts would drop. (ISU can't bring $25m+/yr to the B10 to pay their way)

That is also why it will never happen.

A Big Ten official was asked about the advantages of the Big Ten going to 16 teams...''nothing'', he replied....

ISU will be fine in the Big East. It is a strong bb conference and a decent football league. It still has BCS access,at this point anyway. ISU can recruit the east coast better if it happens. I wish no ill on ISU,but they simply do not meet the conference's criteria to join the Big Ten. Do be offended...only ND and maybe Texas do meet that criteria.

I'd be drinking right now too.

There is some confusion down here in Kansas regarding Kansas and Kansas State joining any new conference. Although KU doesn't bring much from a football standpoint, they are attractive because of basketball. But KU has been left out of many conference expansion talks because many believe there is a law in the Kansas Legislature which states KU and KSU must be in the same conference. Those at KU say this is not necessarily true. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. KU is not a highly touted academic institution from what I hear as well!

The difference between Texas, Okie, and Kansas v. Iowa. In those states the teams are all in the same conference and on the same sinking ship. They are just looking out for each other. In Iowa, Iowa and ISU are in separate conferences, Iowa shouldn't give a **** about the politics of the Big 12 and ISU shouldn't give a **** about the politics of the B1G.

Really you think A&M and Texas stuck up for each other?? You think Texas wouldn't screw over Tech for an extra dollar if they got a chance??? You think Texas didn't already screw over Houston, SMU, Rice, and TCU when they left the SWC 18 years ago??? You really think kansas wouldn't join the big ten tomorrow if the big ten asked and said they couldn't bring KSU with them?? You think the oklahoma legislative would really make oklahoma go to the big east with oky state if the pac 12 wouldn't take them both???? Give me a break everybody is out for themselves. I didn't you see you crying about those 4 texas schools who got screwed when the big 12 was formed.

I'm an ISU fan and frankly I'm borderline embarrassed by our fanbase over this topic. Dodds wrote an article last week about the Big 10 an expansion that I totally agree with. The big 10 is interested in two things, brands (Nebraska) or markets. ISU does not bring either. I don't think the Big 10 expands again until Notre Dame is ready to join up.

Granted I'm more positive than many ISU fans on how it will all shake out - however, anybody who thinks the Big 10 will be a safety net is considering something that is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen and would be totally out of character for how the Big 10 has currently gone about stuff.

I'm an ISU fan and frankly I'm borderline embarrassed by our fanbase over this topic. Dodds wrote an article last week about the Big 10 an expansion that I totally agree with. The big 10 is interested in two things, brands (Nebraska) or markets. ISU does not bring either. I don't think the Big 10 expands again until Notre Dame is ready to join up.

Granted I'm more positive than many ISU fans on how it will all shake out - however, anybody who thinks the Big 10 will be a safety net is considering something that is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen and would be totally out of character for how the Big 10 has currently gone about stuff.

+1 (& my IQ went up after reading this, bravo sir, bravo!)