Music Thread

Saturday night - River Fest in Dubuque this weekend:

Night Ranger has lost a yard or two off their fastball. They skipped "Rumours in the Air" and several stalwarts off Seven Wishes and instead played several Damn Yankees songs that exascerbated Jack Blades loss of range.

Steppenwolf, who has been around much longer, crushed it. Knocked it on to Waveland Avenue. Great musicians and John Kay one of the finest singers rock and roll has produced.

Pat Benatar had a nice groove going, and she still has most of her range, but advancing thunderstorms cut her performance by a few songs.

In fairness to the other two bands, the organizers were watching the radar from 6:00 on and everyone lost a couple songs.

Once again, extremely impressed with Steppenwolf

When Stan Free's synth band Hot Butter did the song "Popcorn" thank God they didn't add vocals. It may have destroyed a great novelty song and dragged it down to this wretch.

And yes I know that was a cover of a version by Jean Michel Jarre who occasionally popped up on FM radio in the 1970's.

Well, here I am on a beautiful velvety Summer evening in DM, sitting in my backyard, surrounded by trees, drinking a few Coronas and listening to a Tame Impala concert on YouTube.....

Enjoying life with a few friends.....

All is good. Going to go to a few PTL games because I do love Hawkeye basketball and want to see JoeW up close.....

:cool:

Tame Impala rules and it's nice to see a band that's made an album within the last few years on this thread.

This is for InGoodCo.

Some recent stuff I really like. I'm not a big country fan, but I do love the older stuff with a little soul/gospel vibe - Cash, Patsy Cline, Jennings, Haggard, Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws, etc. I'm especially digging Stapleton. He's got an old soul.

Last edited:

Latest posts