Music Thread

The ABC Movie of the Week theme was actually a Burt Bacharach soong called "Nikki". It was dedicated to the daughter of Bacharach and Angie Dickinson who, sadly, was afflicted with Aspberger's Syndrom and ended up taking her life several years ago. The movie/TV version of the theme is actually better (IMO) than the studio version of the original song. And to add further irony, Dickinson figured in at LEAST one of those ABC Movie of the Week airings.

A bonus of "Pray for the Wildcats", which featured Angie Dickinson in a quasi-leading role, is the above scene, with Andy Griffith in the rarest of form. And note that Shatner was, apparently, able to pilfer some shirts from the Star Trek wardrobe supply closet!

A bonus of "Pray for the Wildcats", which featured Angie Dickinson in a quasi-leading role, is the above scene, with Andy Griffith in the rarest of form. And note that Shatner was, apparently, able to pilfer some shirts from the Star Trek wardrobe supply closet!
The original "Brian's Song" was a Movie of the Week staple throughout most the 1970's. It wouldn't be politically correct today which is part of the reason they remade it. And yes, it was the first movie that made me bawl. Although Willy Wonka came close when Charlie Bucket did NOT get spit up in the fan by drinking the fizzy lifter.

There were some outstanding theme-songs when I was a kid. Two of my favorites.
Dr. Benton Quest was the Dos Equis guy circa 1968. Hadji, however was indulging in substances other than alcohol. You can guarantee it. The parents of the Radiohead guitarist was obvious fans. They left out the h in Jonny when they named their son.

Last edited:
Dr. Benton Quest was the Dos Equis guy circa 1968. Hadji, however was indulging in substances other than alcohol. You can guarantee it. The parents of the Radiohead guitarist was obvious fans. They left out the h in Jonny when they named their son.
RaceAndJade.jpg

RB did have a woman in his life....Jade. Dr. Quest...unknown

Well, tomorrow is Saturday...as a kid I watched cartoons and this.

99% of these classic cartoons were deemed too violent and/or not politically correct enough. So they dumped them and gave kids non violent activities like fortnight, grand theft auto, and call of duty and they were spared the violence of Road Runner/Wile E.Coyote, Underdog, Pufnstuf, etc.

99% of these classic cartoons were deemed too violent and/or not politically correct enough. So they dumped them and gave kids non violent activities like fortnight, grand theft auto, and call of duty and they were spared the violence of Road Runner/Wile E.Coyote, Underdog, Pufnstuf, etc.

I remember watching Tom and Jerry cartoons with the children, watching Jerry running around cutting plugged in electric cords with scissors.....

:cool:

Well, here I am on a beautiful velvety Summer evening in DM, sitting in my backyard, surrounded by trees, drinking a few Coronas and listening to a Tame Impala concert on YouTube.....

Enjoying life with a few friends.....

All is good. Going to go to a few PTL games because I do love Hawkeye basketball and want to see JoeW up close.....

:cool:

Latest posts