Music Thread

I had almost forgotten this classic, the existential dilemma of "front seat backseat"are just timeless lyrics. The adult rapper at the end singing the praises of a high school underclassmen has always bothered me though.

Okay, I was listening to one of my favorites, Alvin Lee, and I ran across this. George Harrison beautifully accompanies him on slide guitar.

For those that are into blues rock, this is just a masterpiece. Lee's solo for the last 3 minutes or so of the tune is just pure genius. I was speechless after I listened to this.

This is for InGoodCo.

Some recent stuff I really like. I'm not a big country fan, but I do love the older stuff with a little soul/gospel vibe - Cash, Patsy Cline, Jennings, Haggard, Marshall Tucker, The Outlaws, etc. I'm especially digging Stapleton. He's got an old soul.

I've seen Chris 4 times, and my act covers him quite a bit, probably more then any other artist. Parachute is one of my favs. Check out Sturgill Simpson yo, or watch this SNL video of both him and Stapleton.

Don Kirshner sighting!

I used to roll down the window, and let that tape deck blow (for the kids out there, windows used to have to be rolled manually, and tapes were how you heard music in the car). :)

Latest posts