Music Thread

Lol....i knew it. Thanks!

I want to say to all posters and contributors to this thread....this had been magnificent...all the good music I may have forgotten and certainly all the insight and historical facts have been fun to learn. Everybody's contributed great stuff.....Northside...you're particularly full of good data....keep on providing!
Thanks for the kind words. My love of music started when we had one TV in the house, a thirteen inch black and white Magnavox, that was always in for repair. Among other things, I missed Hank Aaron's 715th home run. But we did have a radio and a record player and my parents had boxes of old 45's. My uncle played drums. His bedroom consisted of a set and a bunch of Beatles records-he traded his bed for the drums. When my older cousins babysat me and my younger sister we listened to every Archie's and Bobby Sherman bubblegum song ever written. I have a collection of perhaps three dozen music autobiographies.

I really enjoy reading and contributing to this thread. It shows that I was not alone all those years.

I'm a little surprised. I've never see Judas on a jukebox, and it's probably about the last tune I would expect to see on one. You can barely hear the first 90 seconds or so. Interesting.

Edit: I'll add that my memory isn't even close to being good enough to remember opening and closing tracks, but I probably would vote for The Doors "The End" as the best closing track off the top of my head, though I love Levee, and posted it earlier on this thread.
One of two things happened. Either it was the flip side of "Love Hurts" or "Hair of the Dog" or "Misery" or the entire CD was on a jukebox that played them. The bar hasn't existed since the early 1990's so either way it was a while ago. My favorite Nazereth song, "Flight Tonight", was written by Joni Mitchell of all people.

I'm also probably missing a lot of good opening and closing tracks partially because of the reason you mentioned and partially because there are simply so many of them. How about Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest to get a concert started!

Thanks for the kind words. My love of music started when we had one TV in the house, a thirteen inch black and white Magnavox, that was always in for repair. Among other things, I missed Hank Aaron's 715th home run. But we did have a radio and a record player and my parents had boxes of old 45's. My uncle played drums. His bedroom consisted of a set and a bunch of Beatles records-he traded his bed for the drums. When my older cousins babysat me and my younger sister we listened to every Archie's and Bobby Sherman bubblegum song ever written. I have a collection of perhaps three dozen music autobiographies.

I really enjoy reading and contributing to this thread. It shows that I was not alone all those years.
My parents were both Opera trained singers. Dad had a tenor voice that could break glass.

I was introduced to the classics early. The hardest we rocked out was to Mason Williams and Neil Diamond. I had older friends who kept me up to date with the modern rock sound.

Although not a household name like Chicago, Earth/Wind/Fire, Blood Sweat and Tears, etc., Lighthouse was an original horn band as well. I like this offering....1971 studio or more modern day....both sound stellar.

Last edited:
Lol....i knew it. Thanks!

I want to say to all posters and contributors to this thread....this had been magnificent...all the good music I may have forgotten and certainly all the insight and historical facts have been fun to learn. Everybody's contributed great stuff.....Northside...you're particularly full of good data....keep on providing!

Yes, Indeed

This has been a very fine thread

Northside and everyone else has made it so.....

Very enjoyable and informative

:cool:

Latest posts