Music Thread

Speaking of Rush in 1976, that was the year they released the live album "All The World's A Stage". If 2112 didn't save their career, this one certainly did. The period from 1975-76 was gargantuan for live double albums. Frampton, who was discussed, Kiss, Rush, Wings, Blue Oyster Cult, I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Maybe the best Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction speech ... from 2013.

One of my favorite Stones deep tracts.
Uncensored version of course.
And IMO, Stones >>>> Beatles, all day long.

I came very close to including Starrider in the post, and, in fact listened to it last night. You can really sense the early progressive rock roots with that song, and also feel the Pink Floyd influence.

That said, even though I enjoy listening to it, when I watch the older performances of it I can't help but get a little Spinal Tap vibe and chuckle from it, like I'm expecting a miniature Stonehenge replica to descend onto the stage...

If you enjoy deep tracks, I would recommend Nazareth's "Please Don't Judas Me," especially with headphones. I remember it being especially good with, um, "recreational substances" back in the day.
Yes, indeed. Mick Jones had his roots in that late 60's British prog rock scene that spawned Pink Floyd, Genesis, early Fleetwood Mac and many others. Most notable for pre Foreigner Jones were his days in Spooky Tooth.

Not a huge Nazereth fan and suspect their best moments were live. We did, however, have an old favorite watering hole, now extinct, where we wore out "Please Don't Judas Me" .on the jukebox. Good album closing track. Oh, oh, another thread entry brewing. Greatest album opening and closing tracks. My quarters' down with "Long Way To The Top by AC/DC for the former and Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks" for the latter.

My apologies if this has been posted previously (this fantastic thread is getting a bit long to look all the way through).....a great deep cut from the hard rockn southern band.

Latest posts