Music Thread

One of two things happened. Either it was the flip side of "Love Hurts" or "Hair of the Dog" or "Misery" or the entire CD was on a jukebox that played them. The bar hasn't existed since the early 1990's so either way it was a while ago. My favorite Nazereth song, "Flight Tonight", was written by Joni Mitchell of all people.

I'm also probably missing a lot of good opening and closing tracks partially because of the reason you mentioned and partially because there are simply so many of them. How about Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest to get a concert started!
For anyone who is not familiar with "Please Don't Judas Me," I would always recommend listening to it with headphones or plugs. Hard to really appreciate it otherwise.

As far as deep tracks, I love this Aerosmith cut, which almost never gets air time.

And another from Paranoid. Very cool tune:

Last edited:
The Sonics

A rather loud West Coast beat band out of Tacoma Washington in the early to mid-Sixties. Differing lineups of the Band performed from 1960 to 1968 although the most successful lineup lasted from 1963-1966.

The+Sonics.jpg

The Witch

Money

Have Love, Will Travel

He's Waitin'

Last edited:

While (IMO) impossible to ever top Toys, Rocks came damn close. Edgy, non-compromising, loud and brash...I loved this album almost as much as Toys. Good deep cut.

Wings wasn't too shabby either.

The Monks - The Holy Grail of obscure bands.

monks_6.jpg

Five former GI's in Germany in the mid-60's. (1964 -1967)

Complication

Monk Chant

Oh, How To Do Now

I Hate You

Last edited:

One of my favorite songs as a kid. I actually met the band in 1987 when they were doing one of those "bring back the 1960s" mall tours. They played a couple Central Florida malls, as well as some bigger gigs. I worked with the cousin of one of the founding members, Jules Alexander, and had dinner and drinks with him after the mall gig.

Amazing how, even then, when he was in his 40s, young groupie types kept following him/us around. One kept popping up everywhere, be it bar, restaurant, different bar, etc. She claimed to have an "intimate friendship" with departed member Terry Kirkman. To his credit, Jules let it pass, i.e., he didn't ask why she didn't know Kirkman had left/wasn't touring if they were such good friends.

Although this seems "obscure", they actually weren't. Michael Kamen was a member (best known member), and the others did lots of session and production work.

Latest posts