Music Thread

You can make a decent argument that "Life's Been Good" summed up the seventies better than any other song. The riff, the solo, the bass line, the hooks, lyrics reeking of decadence and bloated rock star braggadocio, wicked sense of humor. Walsh had great moments in the James Gang, the Eagles, guest soloing on other artist's records, but his solo work from 1977-1981 may have been the top of his game.
Got a little oversaturated with "Life's."
To me this is Joe at his peak. My favorite of his by a good margin.

Got a little oversaturated with "Life's."
To me this is Joe at his peak. My favorite of his by a good margin.

Dude could shred it. Eerily remeniscent of his late friend Tommy Bolin, another Iowa native who replaced him in the James Gang and Ritchie Blackmore in Deep Purple, but no pressure or anything.

A college roommate of mine from the Sioux City area had Tommy's solo stuff. It took my eleven years to find "Teaser". My search finally ended on State Street in Madison.

Last edited:
Dude could shred it. Eerily remeniscent of his late friend Tommy Bolin, another Iowa native who replaced him in the James Gang and Ritchie Blackmore in Deep Purple, but no pressure or anything.

A college roommate of mine from the Sioux City area had Tommy's solo stuff. It took my eleven years to find "Teaser". My search finally ended on State Street in Madison.

Fill the bowl
Uncap the 40
Turn the lights down low
Repeat.....

Last edited:
Agreed. That was the one song of JW's that I would put on and listen to... this version from this album though.

Interesting. Never heard that version before. I'm not sold that a flute solo works with that tune, though. Is that Ian Anderson doing a cameo?

...and we could swap posts with U2 songs.... and REM ...whom I think has just an impressive body of work as U2.

Latest posts