Music Thread

With good reason. Debby Harry put poseurs half her age to shame well into her fifties. No Blondie=no Madonna and none of those Britney Spears teenyboppers, I guarantee you that. I'll make an exception for Pink. She's got more balls than most men.

The Cars are a great choice for the MP3 while jogging. Lots of mid tempo songs like "Let's Go", "Since You're Gone", and "Shake it up" that go well with your running cadence. The real magic of the band, however, is the unexpected pleasures and treasures you could unearth in their deeper album tracks, such as side two of Panorama or Shake it Up. Some of those songs rivaled what the left of the dial bands were doing.

This morning's radio song ... must play long version (certain songs need long version only). Hey, that might make a good list. :) Songs that you hate when they play the radio/short version instead of the long/extended version.

Songs where the short version(s) suck:

Jet Airliner (without Threshold) (and the weenie "kicks" version as well)
In a gadda da vida
Love to Love You Baby
Slow Ride
Free Bird
American Pie
Get Ready
Hocus Pocus

I'll be interested to see other opinions....

Songs where the short version(s) suck:

Jet Airliner (without Threshold) (and the weenie "kicks" version as well)
In a gadda da vida
Love to Love You Baby
Slow Ride
Free Bird
American Pie
Get Ready
Hocus Pocus

I'll be interested to see other opinions....
Light My Fire-The Doors
Hold your Head Up-Argent
Time Has come Today-The Chambers Brothers. The short version actually works better.

Light My Fire-The Doors
Hold your Head Up-Argent
Time Has come Today-The Chambers Brothers. The short version actually works better.

Some hold the opinion the extended version's organ solo doesn't really work with the song and actually detracts from it.

Some hold the opinion the extended version's organ solo doesn't really work with the song and actually detracts from it.
I've heard that too. It's midsection is actually similar to Argent's.
"House of the rising sun" had similar keyboards, but no extended midsection

Latest posts