Music Thread

Great compilation of earlier works. Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

BGOCD592.jpg

We wore this 45 out on the crummy ol DECCA turntable I had. I was nine.

My kids (24 and 25 years old) heard this the other night (Spotify) while we were playing cribbage. They go, "It's the Shreck song!" Definite musical generation gap ;)

Decca%2045%20RP-190.jpg

We wore this 45 out on the crummy ol DECCA turntable I had. I was nine.

My kids (24 and 25 years old) heard this the other night (Spotify) while we were playing cribbage. They go, "It's the Shreck song!" Definite musical generation gap ;)

Decca%2045%20RP-190.jpg
I had a similar turntable. For me, I was playing a lot of The Partridge Family. LOL.

I have to admit, I still feel a little uplifted when I hear those tunes.

This is the song that I remember wearing out on one of those turntables...

Edit: I just had a flashback of the mid seventies when Smokey and the Bandit came out and CB radios were about as popular as cell phones are now. I remember being 10-12 and getting on it to say, "Breaker 1-9", only to be too freaked out to say anything else if someone actually answered back. LOL.

This is the song that I remember wearing out on one of those turntables...

Edit: I just had a flashback of the mid seventies when Smokey and the Bandit came out and CB radios were about as popular as cell phones are now. I remember being 10-12 and getting on it to say, "Breaker 1-9", only to be too freaked out to say anything else if someone actually answered back. LOL.
If I'm not mistaken, C W McCall is a native Iowan

Late 70's early 80's the new music started to creep in - lots of bands and the lines blued New Wave , Punk .... and commercially palatable pop derivatives of each.

An era where band names always started with "The..." B52's, Cure, Shoes, Cars, Buggles, Bangles, Proclaimers, Pretenders, Vapors. Ironically Devo did not fall into that.

Late 70's early 80's the new music started to creep in - lots of bands and the lines blued New Wave , Punk .... and commercially palatable pop derivatives of each.

An era where band names always started with "The..." B52's, Cure, Shoes, Cars, Buggles, Bangles, Proclaimers, Pretenders, Vapors. Ironically Devo did not fall into that.

Ahh, that time period. Whole new vibe. Some of the early stuff was pretty cool until new wave completely took over.

You can make a decent argument that "Life's Been Good" summed up the seventies better than any other song. The riff, the solo, the bass line, the hooks, lyrics reeking of decadence and bloated rock star braggadocio, wicked sense of humor. Walsh had great moments in the James Gang, the Eagles, guest soloing on other artist's records, but his solo work from 1977-1981 may have been the top of his game.

Latest posts