Moss Transferring

I really don’t wanna be that guy...but gonna do it anyway...

We just lost 3 black players and a black assistant...so it begs the question...is it merely a coincidence or is there something else going on? How can Iowa State, a university whose student population is as white bread as they come, attract black players....but UI, whose campus is way more diverse than ISUs, struggles to attract/retain black players anything close to approaching an average college basketball team...

Really felt like Moss was just on the edge of being really really good. He was the only one on the team that had any speed, and he just looked smooth at times. Too bad, this is really going to hurt Iowa.

Last edited:
Really felt like Moss was just on the edge of being really really good. He was the only one the team that had any speed, and he just looked smooth at times. Too bad, this is really going to hurt Iowa.
I would bet that we hear his name some next year. If he gets in the right situation he can be really good. When he was on, he was the best player on the court

Rotation problem solving itself...typically does. If he were leaving and we had 2 players not named McCaffery would these posts be the same. Being named McCaffery doesn’t mean they can’t play. Moss would have helped us. But the jury is out on the end result.

Two of our weaker defenders are more now gone. We wanted a better defensive team right?

Rotation problem solving itself...typically does. If he were leaving and we had 2 players not named McCaffery would these posts be the same. Being named McCaffery doesn’t mean they can’t play. Moss would have helped us. But the jury is out on the end result.

Two of our weaker defenders are more now gone. We wanted a better defensive team right?
Lol. Moss was one of our better if not our best perimeter defender.

I really don’t wanna be that guy...but gonna do it anyway...

We just lost 3 black players and a black assistant...so it begs the question...is it merely a coincidence or is there something else going on? How can Iowa State, a university whose student population is as white bread as they come, attract black players....but UI, whose campus is way more diverse than ISUs, struggles to attract/retain black players anything close to approaching an average college basketball team...
Iowa is gonna make Adolph Rupp’s teams look diverse.

Admittedly, if one of the four guys says anything about racism on the Iowa program, Fran and Gary will be fired. And paid zilch for it, because "for cause" will be fully in play. So I guess it's up to the departing players/coaches.

I would think if a player on any team transfers from his current team he's hoping to either play more minutes or doesn't like what's going on around him. I would wager he didn't like his disappearance in some of the games this year for whatever reason. Never could figure out Fran's rotations in some of the games. I recall Moss on fire in one game and sure enough Fran sits him down. My dog hid under the bed after I went off on that move by Fran. Good luck Moss. Wish you were staying.

I get what you are saying, but does losing those 2 really make Iowa better defensively? More efficient on the offense end? Yes, the argument can be made. Defensively, the jury is still out.

I'm not sure how much Fran makes is a good arguement for doing better. I'm pretty sure what he makes is right in line with where he finishes. Also Moss is the very first guy to transfer due to something other than wanting more minutes.

He may not have left for more minutes, but it's very possible that he left because he doesn't want fewer minutes, which is what he most likely would have gotten next year.

I'm not sure how much Fran makes is a good arguement for doing better. I'm pretty sure what he makes is right in line with where he finishes. Also Moss is the very first guy to transfer due to something other than wanting more minutes.
He actually makes a little less actually.

Wieskamp and Bohannon are going to play minutes at the 2 in order to ensure Pat and Connor can get minutes at the 3 and 1 positions respectively.
He'd be banking on Pat being strong enough to guard threes and Joe being quick enough to guard twos.

Our defense could look a lot like it did two years ago. I doubt that CJ is a defensive stopper.

This is interesting. A guy Fran had offered previously and had on campus before Toussaint committed. Backup plan for Moss's departure?

Latest posts