Moss Transferring

This is a big blow to this team. We are already short wings, now we basically have Weiskamp and nothing else proven beyond that.

Shrug. I don't want to hear a word about it. It's Fran's crappy recruiting that got him in this mess, and he makes a lot of money to fix messes like this. Next man in, and find a point guard already.

That just sucks. Moss was a good player and seemed to be a good team mate. I don't get this one, at all. I am glad he got his degree. I am not a big fan of conspiracy theories, so I won't speculate, but sure would like to know what is behind this one. Do we think he has a destination in mind? (damn, there I go). I really don't like what this means for some pretty darn significant starter level minutes next year.

My guess is he either doesn't like how many minutes Connor is getting or he knows players are going to be taking his minutes next year. I really hope it means CJ is clearly better than him.

I don't get this at all but he must know something we dont or Fran let him know they were going to try different things next year? Maybe CJ Fredrick is crushing it in practice? Maybe JBo is going to move more to the 2 and squeeze Moss minutes?

Just speculation but why wait this long to announce?

Probably to make sure he was actually going to graduate. He red shirted that 1st year because he struggled to qualify academically right out of high school. He arrived on campus later than all of his frosh class teammates for that reason.

Probably to make sure he was actually going to graduate. He red shirted that 1st year because he struggled to qualify academically right out of high school. He arrived on campus later than all of his frosh class teammates for that reason.

That does add up.

Wieskamp and Bohannon are going to play minutes at the 2 in order to ensure Pat and Connor can get minutes at the 3 and 1 positions respectively.

My guess is he either doesn't like how many minutes Connor is getting or he knows players are going to be taking his minutes next year. I really hope it means CJ is clearly better than him.

I will buy into this depending on where he ends up.

Looking like Iowa will be a bubble team next year probably at best

Nope. We're paying too much money for this coach to settle. If Iowa's a bubble team next year with this much returning talent, it's time to look elsewhere. And Barta should be gone tomorrow for giving a guy who can't keep players on campus that extension (among other reasons).

He's not in at the end of games. Fran forgets him.
And the guys playing at the end of games screwed up just as much as he did and don't play D like he can.

Looking like Iowa will be a bubble team next year probably at best
If the plan, Fran talked to Isaiah 4/16, is to play JT, PM and CF without any college minutes - Fran is gonna amp up serious heat on himself.

I hope that Iowa has been on the market for an immediate swing guard for 19-20 since knowing of IM’s plans.

It appears that the nepotism issue continues to raise its ugly head in Iowa athletics. For the sake of the b-ball program, I hope I’m wrong.

Nope. We're paying too much money for this coach to settle. If Iowa's a bubble team next year with this much returning talent, it's time to look elsewhere. And Barta should be gone tomorrow for giving a guy who can't keep players on campus that extension (among other reasons).
I'm not sure how much Fran makes is a good arguement for doing better. I'm pretty sure what he makes is right in line with where he finishes. Also Moss is the very first guy to transfer due to something other than wanting more minutes.

Latest posts