Moss Transferring

I really don’t wanna be that guy...but gonna do it anyway...

We just lost 3 black players and a black assistant...so it begs the question...is it merely a coincidence or is there something else going on? How can Iowa State, a university whose student population is as white bread as they come, attract black players....but UI, whose campus is way more diverse than ISUs, struggles to attract/retain black players anything close to approaching an average college basketball team...

And what are you basing that on? I did a bit of surface fact checking and the difference is single digits, falling a bit short of “way more”. In reference to african american students, both universities are right @3% which I believe likely technically means there are more african american students at ISU than at Iowa since ISU has a slightly higher student enrollment number. Iowa has more international students, and broader diversity, but not by as large a margin as you might think. Disclosure that I did my undergrad and grad at ISU (ag) and there were more international students than American in my major. I have a daughter at Iowa, and diversity was important as we lived in Africa for my work for several years and her school there had students from 55 different countries -that was diversity. Both Iowa and ISU reflect the population of the state of Iowa. Not sure that is so relevant to the discussion of recruiting basketball talent. Not saying it doesn’t matter, but ISU, a predominantly white populated student body (as is the University of Iowa) has a basketball team whose ethnic make-up isn not equivalent to the student body. My only point is they aren’t perfectly tied and thus aren’t causal, but do recognize influence.

Last edited:
Fredrick must be very good or Fran wants Connor to play a lot of minutes at the point with Bohannon at the off guard spot. It could be Wieskamp is the off guard next year.

My friend, who teaches at DM North, told me something verrrrrry interesting today, but I'm a man of my word and I promised not to repeat it.
giphy.gif

This is really odd. He was a lock to get a lot of minutes.
Odd was the first thing to come into my mind as well. Jumping to the pro's is one thing, but a starter leaving a promising team is very strange. It makes us very unathletic at the guard position. One thing about Moss is he could create a little.

Fran must be really smelly. He can’t seem to find his right guard. :D Although Moss is his roll on now. :eek: To some DEGREE a player had to get the AXE. It’s no SECRET that Fran has trouble with recruiting SPEED to STICK with Iowa. Maybe a new transfer can add some IRISH SPRING to the team but I am not SURE. The defense really needs to DIAL it up and BAN together as a team. I know that’s a DRY IDEA but it has the SCENT of truth. As long as Barta is here Fran will GLIDE on through anything negative. They seem to have an ALLEGIANCE to each other. The only hope is for Fran to sign a five star player who has PURE & NATURAL ability’s.

And yes there is a deodorant called “Big D” which like this post really stinks. :p

My friend, who teaches at DM North, told me something verrrrrry interesting today, but I'm a man of my word and I promised not to repeat it.
You can't do that shit. "Oswald did not kill Kennedy...I know he did, I have proof, .but my lips are sealed." " I saw Big Foot outside the Quick Trip, I have pictures....but I can't show them, or else you would know".. Don't be a douche.

Admittedly, if one of the four guys says anything about racism on the Iowa program, Fran and Gary will be fired. And paid zilch for it, because "for cause" will be fully in play. So I guess it's up to the departing players/coaches.

So far, I haven't heard anything from any of them that sounds like this was an issue.

Way more diverse? IC is not Queens my guy. Both student populations are ~70% white.
I give zero shits about either side of this argument, but ISU is self-reported at 12.99% total minority enrollment, and UOI is 27.7%. Both figures were pulled from the respective schools' diversity reports on their websites.

That's not a small difference, and ISU isn't ~70% white----It's ~87% white.

I really don’t wanna be that guy...but gonna do it anyway...

We just lost 3 black players and a black assistant...so it begs the question...is it merely a coincidence or is there something else going on? How can Iowa State, a university whose student population is as white bread as they come, attract black players....but UI, whose campus is way more diverse than ISUs, struggles to attract/retain black players anything close to approaching an average college basketball team...
I think there is some truth in this, but that said, regardless of race, if you have a coach who has two players on the team who are guards, and who are his children, there will be issues with other players who also desire playing time at those same positions. Even if playing time is "fair" it won't be perceived as fair by some players.

Latest posts