MJ is LeBron's *****.

Stupid arguments, that when refuted, turn to insults. Easy to spot trolling.

I don't troll anyone, you guys troll yourselves. All I have to do is make a thread and you jack-monkeys get in line to **** all over yourselves and roll around in it together.

For ****s sake in the span of one page you argued that Bron was bad for passing to wide open teamates, denyed Jordan did that, were proved wrong about that, then validated my point that Bron passing to wide open shooters was a good thing because of all the threes those shooters made that season.

This ***** easier than taking home a tri-delt from a house party.

Who's the second HOFer from the first 3 titles?

bobbyhansenbulls.jpg

I don't troll anyone, you guys troll yourselves. All I have to do is make a thread and you jack-monkeys get in line to **** all over yourselves and roll around in it together.

For ****s sake in the span of one page you argued that Bron was bad for passing to wide open teamates, denyed Jordan did that, were proved wrong about that, then validated my point that Bron passing to wide open shooters was a good thing because of all the threes those shooters made that season.

I have a feeling you weren't good at that either.

The only ones that looks silly are those that still try to pretend Lebron is close to Jordan. Is that what you still think?

Regardless of the trolll...its a fun topic.

I never bought into the Kobe > MJ stuff. Still don't. The Lebron > MJ stuff....not yet, but the discussion has merit. I don't think the game has ever seen anything like Lebron. Magic might be the closet thing and quite frankly can't hold Lebron's jock and I typically lean towards old school.

While I don't care for Lebron at all. You have to admit he is very very good... People will always look at the number of championships they have to compare them which they shouldn't.

To compare 2 different people that didn't even play during the same time is just stupid. People will say Lebron had Wade and Bosch but who else did he have? No one. MJ had Rodman and Pippen. Other than that everyone else was just there to fill space.

Can't we all agree that they were/are two of the best players during their time? Would have been fun to see them play against each other that is for sure.

You, like Vin, troll. I know you troll. I just like to argue. And I never said Bron was bad with passing to wide open teammates, I said he passed when he wasn't trying. He gave up. Jordan didn't really pass, and if he did, it wasn't to guys who hit a lot of threes, like Lebron did. Lebron, in those playoff games, gave the **** up. He was a *****.

While I don't care for Lebron at all. You have to admit he is very very good... People will always look at the number of championships they have to compare them which they shouldn't.

To compare 2 different people that didn't even play during the same time is just stupid. People will say Lebron had Wade and Bosch but who else did he have? No one. MJ had Rodman and Pippen. Other than that everyone else was just there to fill space.

Can't we all agree that they were/are two of the best players during their time? Would have been fun to see them play against each other that is for sure.

You're not exactly creating the wheel here. No one is arguing that Lebron isn't a great player and the best of his generation. This is a MJ vs LBJ thread and people are choosing sides. Lebron will have Wade and Bosch for every title he gets. Jordan only had Rodman for the last 3. Either way, your right that they're both great, but that's not the argument here.

This thread shouldn't even be discussed. MJ and Lebron played in such different periods of basketball that its insane to even compare the two. Only idiots would be able to say confidently that either of them outshine the other in every statistical category, its foolish and unwise. The only time we can even start to compare the two is in ten years and we can look back at these two very different eras. All of you "sudden" Lebron addicts need to stop jumping on every bandwagon out there and take a better look, because when it comes down to the nitty gritty it's all about the rings.(I just had to mention the rings.)

This thread shouldn't even be discussed. MJ and Lebron played in such different periods of basketball that its insane to even compare the two. Only idiots would be able to say confidently that either of them outshine the other in every statistical category, its foolish and unwise. The only time we can even start to compare the two is in ten years and we can look back at these two very different eras. All of you "sudden" Lebron addicts need to stop jumping on every bandwagon out there and take a better look, because when it comes down to the nitty gritty it's all about the rings.(I just had to mention the rings.)

I agree now its all about rings. I didn't used to think that way but this thread has turned me around. That's why Rodman is a much better player than Chuckwagpn and Malone, rings. Also Bill Cartwright is better than Ewing.

It's not ALL about rings (obviously). Marino is one of the best QB's ever, he never won one. That said, he is not the GOAT.

This is a straight up troll topic at this point in time. If LeBron's career ended next month due to injury, he's not better than Jordan. He's not the GOAT. If he keeps going and playing at this level he sure as heck can be in the GOAT debate.

It's not ALL about rings (obviously). Marino is one of the best QB's ever, he never won one. That said, he is not the GOAT.

This is a straight up troll topic at this point in time. If LeBron's career ended next month due to injury, he's not better than Jordan. He's not the GOAT. If he keeps going and playing at this level he sure as heck can be in the GOAT debate.

Dear Leader, as I said earlier the argument is not that LBJ had a better career. That argument can not even be made. The argument that CAN be made is that Lebron at 28 is a better player than MJ at the same age. Looking at everything, statistics, measurables, and even hardware, LeBron is clearly superior. A basketball player better than LeBron is right now has never walk the face of the earth.

Dear Leader, as I said earlier the argument is not that LBJ had a better career. That argument can not even be made. The argument that CAN be made is that Lebron at 28 is a better player than MJ at the same age. Looking at everything, statistics, measurables, and even hardware, LeBron is clearly superior. A basketball player better than LeBron is right now has never walk the face of the earth.

If you began the thread with this, you would not have gotten any debates of merit...but of course that's no fun.

Here is what you said:

LeBron just put six games together unlike the NBA will ever see again. It's not even close anymoar, LeBron is clearly superior to MJ in every facet of the game. It's almost unreal.

No mention of 'at the same age'.

Not sure if this piece was linked in this thread, but here is something Wilbon wrote on MJ/LBJ

Michael Jordan birthday recalls greatness not surpassed by LeBron James dominance - ESPN Chicago

But this notion that what LeBron has done over these past six games is the best stretch of basketball in the history of the sport is -- to use one of my favorite Bill Russell phrases -- "in error."

Facts and evidence have no place in this discussion. This discussion is for "I don't care what happens going forward MJ is the best".

More from the item:

"SportsCenter" asked whether we'd ever seen a roll like the one LeBron is on: six straight games of 30 points, each carrying a shooting percentage better than 60 percent. And the answer was pretty simple: yes, of course. I obsessively followed Jordan's entire career, much of it live and in person as a sportswriter for The Washington Post. In 1989, when Jordan was probably at the height of his physical powers he recorded 10 triple-doubles in 11 games. He averaged 34 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists on 51 percent shooting during that barrage.

Jordan had just turned 29 at that time. LBJ is 28...and LBJ has been in the league longer than Jordan had been at that time in 1989

/debat

Last edited:
Facts and evidence have no place in this discussion. This discussion is for "I don't care what happens going forward MJ is the best".

It is? I see that you started the thread with: LeBron just put six games together unlike the NBA will ever see again. It's not even close anymoar, LeBron is clearly superior to MJ in every facet of the game. It's almost unreal.

Where was this 'I don't care what happens going forward' angle in that original post? Or did that just become the topic after you tossed the trolling net and caught some live bait?

On it's face, the 'I don't care what happens going forward' angle is ignorant 100% of the time. Yet that's only what became the point of debate for you, after you cast your net.

More from this awesome article linked above:

there are current NBA coaches, who coached against Jordan, Kobe and LeBron, who will say privately -- though not publicly, so as not to offend the two killers they still have to play against -- that if Jordan had come of age in today's game with no handchecking and no Pistons-style body slamming high fliers, he'd easily average 40 points on 55 percent shooting.

If you began the thread with this, you would not have gotten any debates of merit...but of course that's no fun.

I would still disagree as there is more to being a basketball player than physical tools. Jordan had a killer instinct unmatched in sports. Lebron may be developing that and if he does then we can have this discussion in 3-4 years again. Until then, Lebron has the greatest tools of anyone to play the game and Jordan in his prime was still clearly better as a basketball player.

Latest posts