Miller in full apologist mode on Twitter (again)

There isn't a single coach that could have turned this program around fast enough to make the NCAAs in the first couple of years after Lickliter.

You're really not going to make me say his name are you? Think little brother
For all the hate he may or may not have deserved, Alford won two B1G tournaments after 7 years. The first was in year 2, and much of the success that year can be traced to Reggie Evans--an Alford recruit. But yeah, Fran should get more slack because it's so hard to win at Iowa.

Be patient and see how the year goes. This is where a coach can really build his reputation as a great coach. It looks really ugly right now and I know we just beat a nobody tonight, but imagine how good we will all feel if Fran can take what he currently has and make winners out them?

This is the type of team that can really get the fans behind them IF they can turn the corner. It will take a lot of heart and courage and if it happens who is not going to love this bunch of kids and the coach if it happens? Remember, I HATE LOSING but I also don't like to give up too soon on anyone. It could end in a disaster and total melt down at the end of this year. Then with Joc leaving you would have significant reason for concern, but someone, maybe Moss or another player could rise from all of this and totally change the chemistry of this team. We can hope can't we?

For all the hate he may or may not have deserved, Alford won two B1G tournaments after 7 years. The first was in year 2, and much of the success that year can be traced to Reggie Evans--an Alford recruit. But yeah, Fran should get more slack because it's so hard to win at Iowa.

But only 1 NCAA tournament game. Fran has doubled his total there.

The truth is nobody knows where this team will finish this year and next. I am optimistic because of the talent I am seeing offensively and surprised by this youth movement. If people want to shout out apocalyptic predictions, do it somewhere else. Posters on here acting like this program owes them something. This program doesn't owe you s**t! We are starting 3-4 freshman and people want to bitch that the program is going down hill. Jesus Cristo, give them a chance to settle in. I am not happy with the defense so far either but wow we have some incredible offensive talent! Can't wait until Thursday! Win or lose, let these kids gather their bearings, they just might surprise us.

It's funny that some people just don't care at all that our 2nd best player and another player that was probably somewhere between 5th and 8th best are injured. Also our best player got hurt and suddenly can't shoot and the guy who looks like our best player now hardly got any minutes in Florida and rumor has it he was hurt. That's a lot of bad luck for a team with 10 freshmen and sophomores. I still feel like we will be somewhere between average and good by the end of the year.

It's funny that some people just don't care at all that our 2nd best player and another player that was probably somewhere between 5th and 8th best are injured. Also our best player got hurt and suddenly can't shoot and the guy who looks like our best player now hardly got any minutes in Florida and rumor has it he was hurt. That's a lot of bad luck for a team with 10 freshmen and sophomores. I still feel like we will be somewhere between average and good by the end of the year.

We have a losing record and haven't beat a team with a pulse yet. Not sure how you think we could be good at the end of the year

We have a losing record and haven't beat a team with a pulse yet. Not sure how you think we could be good at the end of the year

OK Dean you're right I'm wrong. I've always said 5656 wasn't trolling he was just really negative. But posts like this one completely give it away. I was right on Ickehawk tho so we're even.

OK Dean you're right I'm wrong. I've always said 5656 wasn't trolling he was just really negative. But posts like this one completely give it away. I was right on Ickehawk tho so we're even.

I'm not trolling you're just incredibly optimistic. You were with CW too. We're a bad team because of recruiting, we're not going to be good at the end of the year

I'm not trolling you're just incredibly optimistic. You were with CW too. We're a bad team because of recruiting, we're not going to be good at the end of the year

I say we will be somewhere between average and good and you say you don't know how you think they will be good. First I didn't say that they would be good. I said they will be between average and good.

Secondly, we will very possibly have 4 freshmen starters when Cook comes back. Yet you just can't even fathom the possibility that a team full of freshmen and sophomores can improve as the year goes on? Those are the exact kind of teams that improve as the year goes on.

Thirdly, look at how much Pemsl, Moss, and Bohannon have improved over the last few games. It is very clear the team is on the vurge of turning the corner. Maybe they will never quite get going, but you would have to be blind not to see it was a good possibility at this point.

I say we will be somewhere between average and good and you say you don't know how you think they will be good. First I didn't say that they would be good. I said they will be between average and good.

Secondly, we will very possibly have 4 freshmen starters when Cook comes back. Yet you just can't even fathom the possibility that a team full of freshmen and sophomores can improve as the year goes on? Those are the exact kind of teams that improve as the year goes on.

Thirdly, look at how much Pemsl, Moss, and Bohannon have improved over the last few games. It is very clear the team is on the vurge of turning the corner. Maybe they will never quite get going, but you would have to be blind not to see it was a good possibility at this point.

All that improvement and we've won one game in that span and lost to Omaha at home. I haven't seen any improvement defensively at all, I don't know where you have

All that improvement and we've won one game in that span and lost to Omaha at home. I haven't seen any improvement defensively at all, I don't know where you have

So you don't have the ability to break down small aspects of games and make a decision on whether we're improving or not? You have to see the wins first huh?

So you don't have the ability to break down small aspects of games and make a decision on whether we're improving or not? You have to see the wins first huh?

You've seen defensive improvement? I take it you didn't watch the Omaha game

You've seen defensive improvement? I take it you didn't watch the Omaha game

Every minute. I saw some stretches that looked good. The biggest problem with that game is there was a couple stretches where we just dumped points to them in bunches with turnovers. It seemed like every turnover they had let to a fast break bucket.

I also saw Wagner really come out with effort the last two games. As much as it's being talked about, it really looks like it might be sinking in finally.

Every minute. I saw some stretches that looked good. The biggest problem with that game is there was a couple stretches where we just dumped points to them in bunches with turnovers. It seemed like every turnover they had let to a fast break bucket.

You're very optimistic. We gave up 98 points to Omaha at home but you saw defensive improvement. Haha

You're very optimistic. We gave up 98 points to Omaha at home but you saw defensive improvement. Haha

I saw stretches that showed they're capable. Besides, we only need better defense against about half of the Big 10 schedule if our offense keeps improving.

Of course I was right, I'm always right, just ask my wife. :p

5656 either has a crush on you and deanvogs or has an obsessive hate for you two.... almost every time you two post 5656 feels the need to post you're completely wrong. Pretty crazy or weird...

5656 either has a crush on you and deanvogs or has an obsessive hate for you two.... almost every time you two post 5656 feels the need to post you're completely wrong. Pretty crazy or weird...

Everyone of his Alts has an obsession with me.....the obsession with PC is new tho.

Do you think we'll be somewhere between average or good by the end of the year like PC says? PC is just one of the most optimistic posters on here and Dean is obsessed with me. The difference is Dean deep down knows I'm right on a lot of what I'm saying and I don't think PC does

Latest posts