Miller in full apologist mode on Twitter (again)

The Pumpers don't want to admit they were wrong, so they attack and pick at the posters that were right about what this season was gonna be. They twist and twist everything you say until you get fed up and become defensive. Then they label you a miserable whiner. Lol. It's just them projecting their anger about being exposed, onto you.
I really don't know what they want or expect.
If Barta had listened to these guys, we'd still have Lickliter as coach. They'd still be reminding us that Lickliter was National Coach of the Year. We'd still be reading posts about how all of the player defections were good things because they weren't real Hawkeyes. We'd still be hoping for better recruiting in the future.

Lol, most people didn't expect the NCAA's this year, so don't go patting yourself on the back too long.

What was 56 right about anyway? Do you agree with him that Moss is "clearly a miss"? Do you agree with him that Jordan is terrible, and can't and won't get any better defensively?
56 says Garza is a "big time recruit" and a huge get for Fran and will be an impact player right away.

Do you think 56 is spot on with these assessments?

Lol, most people didn't expect the NCAA's this year, so don't go patting yourself on the back too long.

What was 56 right about anyway? Do you agree with him that Moss is "clearly a miss"? Do you agree with him that Jordan is terrible, and can't and won't get any better defensively?
56 says Garza is a "big time recruit" and a huge get for Fran and will be an impact player right away.

You seem like the guy that would have been like "See guys I told you John Lickliter doesn't suck" after he made those three 3's in that one game against Minnesota

Fran has done such a tremendous job at Iowa that he has a better chance of getting offered a better gig or leaving for somewhere that has a better fan base than Iowa "firing" him or for his performance to be "unacceptable". Alford set our program into a spiral, Lick cratered it and Fran has rose it from the ashes. All he's done the last 3 seasons is win with recruits he got to Iowa after some of the worst seasons in school history and NO ONE shows up. Fran has to think that support out there is a joke for the performance he's done. We have athletes and players on this team that I haven't seen at Iowa since the Davis era sans a couple of standouts. Fran has, is, & will continue to do a great job at Iowa and I see Iowa being good at basketball for the foreseeable future. That's not pumping sunshine, it's honestly how I feel about it. Fran rules - if you don't think so GTFO!

I'll play.

I do not agree Moss was a miss. I think he has a ton of potential (size, athletic ability, shooting stroke) which many posters saw. I certainly do not give up on players who are freshman with that kind of potential.

I don't think Jordan is terrible, he is a little better passer than I expected. I think he will improve both defensively and limiting turnovers throughout his career. I do not think he is a long term solution as a PG on a top tier team however.

I'm pretty neutral on Garza. I wasn't incredibly high on him, but if these first few games have shown us anything, we need someone to clog the lane and protect the rim. 56 likes to evaluate players based on their offer list, which certainly shows some value, but isn't the best way to view recruits IMO. For instance, Andrew Fleming had a really good offer list.

You seem like the guy that would have been like "See guys I told you John Lickliter doesn't suck" after he made those three 3's in that one game against Minnesota

You seem like the guy that would say that Lil Lick is better than Jordan Bohannon.

Can't believe people even want to bring up the Lickliter era... let alone use any of that time frame as any type of comparison to today. What an abyss of wasted breath that is... just saying. It needs to stay down in the dark pit where it belongs!

Good game.....Strange floor.....Charlie Moore looks very smooth.....

:cool:

Seen two of his games in person so far. One game was great. The other was pretty bad all around. He would've been a nice addition, but would still be a developing freshman. He's not as good as Ullis was when he was a freshman at Kentucky.

He'd be leaps and bounds better than J-Bo though. When Jok leaves next year and Garza is clogging the middle, hopefully Jordan's defense won't be as big of a liablity. However, given that Jok is not really playing defense and is more worried about offense, Jordan's defense is going to be called into question more -- he can't defend the dribble drive.