Miller in full apologist mode on Twitter (again)

No it's not, if we had Moore we'd be an NIT team at least and would have beat Omaha and Memphis in my opinion.

And judging by the trend you've set you would be bitching about something else. Like why Fran didn't recruit good enough to get us to the NCAA. Whine, whine, whine. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Just another day in the life of 5656.

And judging by the trend you've set you would be bitching about something else. Like why Fran didn't recruit good enough to get us to the NCAA. Whine, whine, whine. Bitch, bitch, bitch. Just another day in the life of 5656.

I think the NCAA is the benchmark of what you should accomplish every year. Obviously I know that doesn't happen but taken a small step back and having a core of Pemsl Cook and Moore to take us to the NIT this year and then get back to the NCAA's next year. Now we're probably not an NCAA team until 2018-19 which sucks

I think the NCAA is the benchmark of what you should accomplish every year. Obviously I know that doesn't happen but taken a small step back and having a core of Pemsl Cook and Moore to take us to the NIT this year and then get back to the NCAA's next year. Now we're probably not an NCAA team until 2018-19 which sucks

Sooo you're just gonna whine and bitch for the next two years? Are you giving us a heads up?

Sooo you're just gonna whine and bitch for the next two years? Are you giving us a heads up?

No but I'm not going to pump sunshine and pretend like this season is OK and is no big deal when it will most likely end up worse than Lick's second year

No but I'm not going to pump sunshine and pretend like this season is OK and is no big deal when it will most likely end up worse than Lick's second year

There's a difference between pumping sunshine and saying it is what it is... Let's hope these young guys learn and grow from it. That's the attitude I choose to take. No one is happy to see the team struggling. A lot of us just refuse to sit there and cry about it which is what it appears you like to do.

Fran is trying his best to land better recruits. Acting like he could do a better job is ridiculous. He's trying. He's on the recruiting trail as much or more than any other head coach in the country. It sucks he hasn't landed a higher quantity of elite players, but it isn't for lack of effort. That's why it annoys me so much when you choose to focus on that. The guy is trying his best. He has earned the right to have a down year without people like you (not even sure you're a fan) breathing down his neck for everything that hasn't been executed perfectly. He's human and so are the players on the team. They are where they are and they need to make the most of it. They are trying to make the most of it. They are working their asses off. I believe, as a fan, that I owe it to them to get behind them and hope for the best instead of moping around and bitching about everything. It says a lot to me about your mentality as a person.

There's a difference between pumping sunshine and saying it is what it is... Let's hope these young guys learn and grow from it. That's the attitude I choose to take. No one is happy to see the team struggling. A lot of us just refuse to sit there and cry about it which is what it appears you like to do.

Fran is trying his best to land better recruits. Acting like he could do a better job is ridiculous. He's trying. He's on the recruiting trail as much or more than any other head coach in the country. It sucks he hasn't landed a higher quantity of elite players, but it isn't for lack of effort. That's why it annoys me so much when you choose to focus on that. The guy is trying his best. He has earned the right to have a down year without people like you (not even sure you're a fan) breathing down his neck for everything that hasn't been executed perfectly. He's human and so are the players on the team. They are where they are and they need to make the most of it. They are trying to make the most of it. They are working their asses off. I believe, as a fan, that I owe it to them to get behind them and hope for the best instead of moping around and bitching about everything. It says a lot to me about your mentality as a person.

Are you serious he could be doing a way better job. Change up the staff or try something different. Why can all these other coaches at schools comparable to us or even worse get better recruits but we can't? That makes zero sense

Also you say this team is working their asses off but everyone else is saying lack of effort is why we suck at defense

Some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy.

Based on 3 consecutive #3 finishes in the B1G and 3 consecutive NCAA tourney appearances, I'm okay with a down year as long as, by the end of the year, there are signs that next year will be pretty good. Which means I need to see improvement. I'm not going to judge a team that has 6 true/redshirt freshmen in the top 8/9 of the rotation in November. Let's see where things stand in March. If they're still shitty, then let's have a discussion at that point. But saying things like "They'll be worse than Lickliter's teams" is stupid to say in late Nov/early Dec. Just like it would have been stupid to say that the football team wouldn't finish with a winning record after our loss to PSU. Let's actually let the season play out for a change and get the hay in the barn before grabbing the pitchforks and torches.

Also you say this team is working their asses off but everyone else is saying lack of effort is why we suck at defense

Listen, it's pretty clear we just have completely different attitudes regarding our approach to life and sports. I think that's the biggest difference here. You'll take one side and I'll take the other. I can't see eye to eye with someone who chooses to have such a miserable perspective on everything. If that's the way you want to live then so be it. If that's the way you want to be a fan then so be it. I'm not changing your mind so there's no point in trying. Please continue to be a miserable SOB. That's your god given right.

No it's not, if we had Moore we'd be an NIT team at least and would have beat Omaha and Memphis in my opinion.

You wouldn't be leading the charge against Fran if we were only an NIT team this year? I think you would lead the charge if we lost in the 2nd round again.

OSU just lost at home to 3-5 FAU (#221 KenPom). They got off to a better start this year but look like a bubble team. They did not make the NCAA tournament last year.

They do have a pretty highly regarded PG who is a sophomore.

Food for thought...

You wouldn't be leading the charge against Fran if we were only an NIT team this year? I think you would lead the charge if we lost in the 2nd round again.

I wouldn't be thrilled with anything less than an NCAA because I think he could have went after some transfers and built an NCAA team around Cook and Jok but we'll probably end up with a losing record which is unacceptable in my opinion. But at least if we were an NIT team this year you'd think we could be an NCAA team next year instead of having to miss two seasons. Being an NIT this year is not great but it's understandable because it happens to even the best programs. Going from 3 straight years in the NCAA's to completely gutting your team because you didn't balance out any classes or go after any transfers is unnaceptable

I don't think he's fooling anyone. He's the type of person who will find something to complain about no matter what the circumstances are. His track record proves it.

OSU just lost at home to 3-5 FAU (#221 KenPom). They got off to a better start this year but look like a bubble team. They did not make the NCAA tournament last year.

Food for thought...

OSU is #33 in KenPom, we're #87

Do you think we'll be somewhere between average or good by the end of the year like PC says? PC is just one of the most optimistic posters on here and Dean is obsessed with me. The difference is Dean deep down knows I'm right on a lot of what I'm saying and I don't think PC does

I think it's possible, but I'm willing to give the players/team a chance and see where they land. I don't feel the need to try to get everyone to agree with what I think about the team and/or players. Here's the thing... we get what your saying, but because we agree or disagree with you doesn't mean either side will be right - you're obsessed with making your point and trying to get everyone to agree... sorry dude, it just ain't going to happen.

FYI Wis. & MSU both struggled the 1st. 1/4 of their season last year... and they each had more experienced players all around. Look how their seasons ended up.

Last edited:
I don't think he's fooling anyone. He's the type of person who will find something to complain about no matter what the circumstances are. His track record proves it.

When we were going after Vital and Moore was I complaining or was I excited? It's funny I'm considered such a complainer but I completely predicted what was going to happen this year while most people thought we'd be a bubble team

Food for thought...
Matta is gonna be fired if they don't make the NCAA tournament his year.

When we were going after Vital and Moore was I complaining or was I excited? It's funny I'm considered such a complainer but I completely predicted what was going to happen this year while most people thought we'd be a bubble team
The Pumpers don't want to admit they were wrong, so they attack and pick at the posters that were right about what this season was gonna be. They twist and twist everything you say until you get fed up and become defensive. Then they label you a miserable whiner. Lol. It's just them projecting their anger about being exposed, onto you.
I really don't know what they want or expect.
If Barta had listened to these guys, we'd still have Lickliter as coach. They'd still be reminding us that Lickliter was National Coach of the Year. We'd still be reading posts about how all of the player defections were good things because they weren't real Hawkeyes. We'd still be hoping for better recruiting in the future.

The Pumpers don't want to admit they were wrong, so they attack and pick at the posters that were right about what this season was gonna be. They twist and twist everything you say until you get fed up and become defensive. Then they label you a miserable whiner. Lol. It's just them projecting their anger about being exposed, onto you.
I really don't know what they want or expect.
If Barta had listened to these guys, we'd still have Lickliter as coach. They'd still be reminding us that Lickliter was National Coach of the Year. We'd still be reading posts about how all of the player defections were good things because they weren't real Hawkeyes. We'd still be hoping for better recruiting in the future.

Exaggerate much? Comparing people who support Fran and his team in year 7 of his tenure after he has accomplished some things at Iowa to Todd Lickliter who did absolutely nothing is completely ludicrous. Fran has proven he has the ability to be a good coach and get the Hawks to the NCAA tourney. Lick never did that. It's like comparing Canada to Nazi Germany. It just doesn't work. It's a giant stretch on your part.