Miller: Barta Leaves Fran Hanging

Barta should get off Frans's back & show support.

Seriously, he hired Fran to change the direction of the b-ball program & infuse the program with a new energy that will hopefully brings wins & put azzes in the seats again. Fran is doing both. Yes, he may be animated at times but the team is responding & he is putting azzes in the seats.

So, Barta really needs to worry about more important things like getting his narly teeth fixed.

Maybe I shouldn't have gone there. Oops!

Last edited:
Where is Bump Elliot when you need him? Seems to me that Barta tries to play both sides of the fence vs. taking a stand at times even though it may not please one of the parties. When he finds himself in a position to have to chose one side or the other it seems more often than not that he elects the politically correct decision that more likely pleases his superiors than his subordinates. On this front Barta reminds me more of Bob Bowlsby than Bump Elliot.

Considering some of the bad press that has grown out of some of our key programs in the last number of years this could all be attributed to a directive given years ago by those above Barta to error on the side of safety when running your show........."we don't want any more bad press".

Bump Elliott was the man. He went out and hired the coaches. He didn't need search committees. I agree Barta is weak for what he did. Tell Delaney to go shove it. He's another pinhead.

Bump Elliott was the man. He went out and hired the coaches. He didn't need search committees. I agree Barta is weak for what he did. Tell Delaney to go shove it. He's another pinhead.

What? Really? Why??

Is it that whole BIG 10 network thingy he facilitated? I have respect for Delaney. He's a rabid negotiater & doesn't take crap from anyone when he really believes something or wants something. He didn't let Soprano walk all over him when he was negociating with ESPN & told him to go F himself, then went on to start the BIG 10 network. I think that worked out pretty damn nice for the BIG 10.

I personally like Delaney's style & I think most on this board are saying Barta should adopt some of that style & grow a spine.

I honestly have no idea why anyone even took notice of the chair slam. Watching it, I don't think it would have even registered with me it was so trivial.

This is completely different than Knights throwing a chair on the court to show displeasure with the officials. Totally different.

If it crosses a line, it crosses a line. Period. And it wouldn't be quite so bad if they didn't often get special treatment from officials, too.

LOL that they get special treatment from the officials. Good god you guys believe the world is against the Hawks.

Barta made a good hire, and I'm sure he's thrilled about it. Fran is a great coach.

I have a hard time believing Fran has any type of a problem with Barta right now. If he does, I'm sure they'll work it out, man to man. They both have a lot to gain if Fran keeps winning.

This whole thing seems overblown to me.

LOL that they get special treatment from the officials. Good god you guys believe the world is against the Hawks.

LOL if you think it only happens against Iowa. Once they start getting in the ears of the officials, things tend to start leaning their way. How do you suppose a guy like Hightower, who is a bad official, gets so many NCAA tourney games? You don't suppose it's because he gets high marks from guys like Izzo and Ryan, who have a lot of pull in college basketball?

Very good article, and I couldn't agree more.

Football program bleeding, ISU series more financially advantageous to them than to us, tailgating atmosphere being systematically destroyed: Barta remains as silent as a hospital corridor.

Resurgent basketball program showing signs of life for the first time in years with a passionate coach? Tough-guy Barta takes a stand against his own coach In the press!

The best thing Barta has done during his tenure is give me a greater appreciation of Bob Bowlsby's accomplishments.

As far as i am concerned Fran can slam whatever hardware that is lying around. Barta should have told Delaney to worry less about chairs and spend more time getting child predators off campuses, cheaters likeTressel out of the conference and figure out how to beat the SEC in football.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as i am concerned Fran can slam whatever hardware that is lying around. Barta should have told Delaney to worry less about chairs and spend more time getting child predators off campuses, cheaters likeTressel out of the conference and figure out how to beat the SEC in football.

LOL if you think it only happens against Iowa. Once they start getting in the ears of the officials, things tend to start leaning their way. How do you suppose a guy like Hightower, who is a bad official, gets so many NCAA tourney games? You don't suppose it's because he gets high marks from guys like Izzo and Ryan, who have a lot of pull in college basketball?

How can you prove such a thing? Just because you think that them yelling at refs gets them calls doesn't make it so. Guess what, they are equally bad for every team. I can't stand Hightower as an official, but it is comical that he would still be around if he was noted as favoring one team over another. Do you realize how silly that sounds?

I am sure Ryan and Izzo have as many complaints with the officials as Fran does.

You might want to re-think the Izzo-Hightower friendship. A few years back they got into a HUGE face to face yelling match.

just because two people get into a yelling match once doesn't mean they aren't friends Storminspank. You know refs and coaches do interact outside of games.

You might want to re-think the Izzo-Hightower friendship. A few years back they got into a HUGE face to face yelling match.

CIMG0013_medium.jpg

Found it, it was 2010.
Worst. Game. Ever. Wisconsin 67, Michigan State 49 - The Only Colors

Latest posts