Meltdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: chokeyes

It is NOT a coaching issue.!

My gawd, the football crowd is starting to take over the basketball section.

Re: YOU DON'T LOSE GAMES LIKE THIS

Well, someone has to lose... ISU has been sleeping until the end of the game all season... Both teams had their chances.

When your team is blowing a big lead. Late on the game (Just like all of last year ) at sone point the coach has to take control of the situation and put the right guys on the floor. Point fingers all you want at the players but Coach decides who plays. Gesell missed 2 FTs at the end bit it never should have come to that. Get your team under control and get good shots out of your half court set. If you cant do that, either because your players are sharing too many minutes to have the confidence to pull through or your message is not bwing heard. Its a coaching issue.
GET HIM OFF THE COURT!!!!!!

UltimateWarriorOnTopRope.gif

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

Must have been the same ref's that did the game last night....:)....poor execution by the Hawks down the stretch....missed FT's, a lot of push off's by ISU, whatev....movin on.....we can all complain about this that and the other thing, but it's over, the final score was 85-82 ISU.....time to re-group, gain a some confidence back, and get the next game....get a little "mo" going into xmas break, start the B1G off on the right foot, and see how it plays out....we will bounce back, not to worry....

You guys are nuts. The officials the last few years in college bball have been terrible period. Look at last year for ISU at Hilton or on the road. They had just as many bad calls for both teams tonight.

A troll started this thread.

When your team is blowing a big lead. Late on the game (Just like all of last year ) at sone point the coach has to take control of the situation and put the right guys on the floor. Point fingers all you want at the players but Coach decides who plays. Gesell missed 2 FTs at the end bit it never should have come to that. Get your team under control and get good shots out of your half court set. If you cant do that, either because your players are sharing too many minutes to have the confidence to pull through or your message is not bwing heard. Its a coaching issue.

Gessel is an 80% ft shooter. Marble is a senior and supposed best player. Who the **** is Fran supposed to have out there and how is he supposed to know they are gonna choke? I mean Christ they ran a perfect play and McCabe freakin missed too. Fran should have ran that to jok. God what was he thinking

Re: Lots of respect

CyChamp,

I would like to apologize to you for everyone else in this thread. In this knee-jerk period after a painful loss, it takes a fan of a different team to have any respect for our team. I appreciate you showing respect and not talking **** about a game that could have gone either way and that you arguably shouldn't have won. I have a lot of respect for your team and your coach, and I wish Iowa could ever close a game like ISU finished tonight. Best of luck to you until we meet again.

Re: What does it take..

Including the game vs UNI this year, and last season, ISU gave up a 3 at the buzzer/late to lose the game or get sent to OT like 6-7 times if not more. Really thought that shot was going down to continue the trend. Couldn't get much of a better look at it.

Re: Lots of respect

CyChamp,

I would like to apologize to you for everyone else in this thread. In this knee-jerk period after a painful loss, it takes a fan of a different team to have any respect for our team. I appreciate you showing respect and not talking **** about a game that could have gone either way and that you arguably shouldn't have won. I have a lot of respect for your team and your coach, and I wish Iowa could ever close a game like ISU finished tonight. Best of luck to you until we meet again.

How did you get cychump's dick out of your mouth to type that?

Re: What does it take..

1. Possession
2. Time left on the shot clock
3. The ball has to:
a. leave the player's hand outside the semi circle line around the hoop, and
b. land inside the hoop.

I think we can all agree it's a serious issue in college bball. You literally have to win by double digits or you risk losing due to officiating.

True, but you guys won this game fair and square. Iowa had their chances and they pi$$ed it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts