Meltdown thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: chokeyes

I did, but the blame is not on Fran. Marble has to make the front end of that 1 and 1, no excuses from the senior.

Its a disappointing loss and a game we could have and should have won. I agree that Marble and Gassed out should have made their free throws. You could just see it in Gesell when he stepped up to the free throw line. Fran should have called a time out there to allow him to catch his second wind and to tell Mike to just relax and do it like he's done it a million times before. It's a game of inches also. With a four point lead and under a minute left if White just secures the ball on that rebound Iowa likely walks away with a big win. I can't say the guys didn't put out the effort as everyone put out an outstanding effort. Hopefully they take something from this game and become a better team and coaching staff. At home or any neutral site this is an Iowa win. Iowa has the better team. It's a ***** to play on their court. Go hawks and rip off several wins in a row.

Re: Official Iowa vs. ISU Game Thread

McCabe and Jok with big games tonight (both in double digits scoring)
WORZT PREDICTION EVERRRRr

tumblr_m1fvd30Anb1qarz7wo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Re: Lots of respect

Yes. Lots of respect for your guys. White really impressed me. No doubt two tourney teams going at it.

I don't have anything in my mouth at the moment, but yeah I suppose having something in your mouth would affect your ability to type. Intelligence and common sense seem to be lost on you. A guy comes along and peacefully states his respect for our team, and you all want to burn him at the stake, and I don't understand that.

^ I'm as pi$$ed @ CyTool as anyone, but I gotta give you props for this one - I got a good LOL! :)

Gessel is an 80% ft shooter. Marble is a senior and supposed best player. Who the **** is Fran supposed to have out there and how is he supposed to know they are gonna choke? I mean Christ they ran a perfect play and McCabe freakin missed too. Fran should have ran that to jok. God what was he thinking
I

I wasn't blaming Gesell. Fran has to have one player that he can rely on, to get the team that's on the court, to play smart and under control. He doesn't have that player or he doesn't know who that player is. I don't care who that player is. A LEADER! A leader has to be on the court to take over situations like tonite and like countless other nights from last season.

I

I wasn't blaming Gesell. Fran has to have one player that he can rely on, to get the team that's on the court, to play smart and under control. He doesn't have that player or he doesn't know who that player is. I don't care who that player is. A LEADER! A leader has to be on the court to take over situations like tonite and like countless other nights from last season.

I

I think you've got to be older than dirt. Stop with the exclamation points and go home

I

I think you've got to be older than dirt. Stop with the exclamation points and go home

I think you are dumber than a stump. Stop proving your stupidity to everyone here and go home. Seriously. You don't know anything about basketball. If you did, you'd apologize.

I think you are dumber than a stump. Stop proving your stupidity to everyone here and go home. Seriously. You don't know anything about basketball. If you did, you'd apologize.

Ha, yer what hurts? You are a gem..stop huffing the keyboard duster

Re: Worst officiated game I've ever seen

Maybe some of you will take off the black and gold glasses. See the fact that this team is a bunch of players that have improved their individual skills but have not improved as a team. I see too many players forcing the game, in order to get minutes and not enough players filling roles on a TEAM, to ensure victories.

Maybe some of you will take off the black and gold glasses. See the fact that this team is a bunch of players that have improved their individual skills but have not improved as a team. I see too many players forcing the game, in order to get minutes and not enough players filling roles on a TEAM, to ensure victories.

Thank you John Wooden

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
34hxb1t.jpg

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

UltimateWarriorRopeShake2.gif

Thank you John Wooden

That's just it, it doesn't take John Wooden to see it. Anyone with any amount of basketball knowledge should see it.
Instead, most of you rip and insult other's that choose to point out some of the flaws. Heaven forbid we don't all jump on the Final Four bandwagon.

Glad you understand

I am probably a bigger Iowa fan than anyone on this board. And I am pretty disappointed with how the end of this game played out. That being said, the responses by Iowa fans in this thread show what have to be some of the biggest jackasses on this board. And in this case I don't use that term loosely.

I mean, the OP was not a jerk, first off. I don't think any ISU fan that posted on this thread was, or even snapped back at anyone that was a jerk to them. And most of you act like we won the game and got ripped off at the end and somehow deserved to win, when in fact it was fairly close the whole time and then we choked when it counted. But somehow one of our posters referred to them as choke clones, or whatever it was while someone else was more than happy to tell another Clone fan that was being gracious that he was right, they were lucky to win and he was glad ISU fan was smart enough to realize it.

They deserved to win that game. They played tough when it counted and closed us out. They have beaten three pretty good teams, I believe, in Iowa, BYU and at Michigan. The best win we have is what appears to be a mediocre Notre Dame team at home and we have lost to the only two really decent teams we have faced. They not only beat us tonight but they are a better team than us, right now.

i love it how everyone that is an Iowa fan thinks our fans are so classy when they really aren't much different than fans anywhere else in many ways. They boo a cornerback that is introduced on Senior Day, they boo quarterbacks that are college kids and they aren't that great of fans, at least in basketball, when the team isn't good.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts