McDermott to Creighton

Why would Creighton even give this clown a second look? I mean he has failed pretty badly at ISU.

But he was very succcessful at UNI, the same conf they both play in. But i refuse to belive this rumor until it is announced, and altman doesn't change his mind and come back again.

Judging from events of the past, if Oregon makes Altman do a duck call then he is outta there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUZFagfR80]YouTube - Dana Altman Creighton-Arkansas Pig Sooie Rally[/ame]

But he was very succcessful at UNI, the same conf they both play in. But i refuse to belive this rumor until it is announced, and altman doesn't change his mind and come back again.

Gonna guess that Creighton has already cleaned out Altman's office for him, and his stuff is in in boxes on his driveway. He might back out of Oregon, but he's finished in Omaha IMHO.

Good move for McD. Get out of Ames, take a bit of a step down (Not sure that is the case here). Try to wash off the stink and the stain that is ISU. IMO he didn't really want to be there from the git go

Talk about a bailout. Has Pollard had to fire anyone yet? or do other teams just magically take his mistakes off of his hands and let him start over?

Good move for McD. Get out of Ames, take a bit of a step down (Not sure that is the case here). Try to wash off the stink and the stain that is ISU. IMO he didn't really want to be there from the git go

Actually, Mac did want to be at ISU. But the marriage has been sour for some time now.

Actually, Mac did want to be at ISU. But the marriage has been sour for some time now.
I think when offered the job he couldn't turn down the $$ and the step up to the Big 12. His Dad is a hardcore Hawkeye fan and I would guess before he took the ISU job, they would have been his least favorite Iowa college.

Is this confirmed beyond Internet rumor at this point? Not saying I don't believe the reports, but I would just like to see if from an established source.

If it is true, that is a lot of jack for the MVC.

Yeah, still seems like these guys are just reporting the same Internet rumor. Again, I am not strongly doubting it, I just haven't seen anything that looks credible yet. These guys are saying reportedly and quoting the same dollar figure, but not citing sources.

In other words, the tail is wagging the dog.

No way does ISU hire Nick Nurse for the next head coach.

I wouldn't be to surprised if he wasn't name interim head coach. They are really high on him. He has lots of European ties, and he was all ready working on some kids for this years class. There is not a lot to choose from in the way of coaches currently. You can be sure he and Grayer were not hired on 1 year deals. I know this changes with a new coach, but even if he is not the interim head coach,I will bet you he is on the new staff. He is pretty highly regarded in his bb knowledge. I think he would have real good shot at a 1 year deal this late in the game, especially with the kids he is trying to bring in.

If Greg leaves I wonder what the chances are of Doug getting out of his LOI at UNI and following?

Too much fuel at this point not to be valid. I think your point is very interesting and wouldn't be surprised if this event happened as well.

Who in their right mind would take the ISU job? Talk about rebuilding! Holy crap, that's a terrible job right now. Get out the checkbook, Pollard, because you'll need to have a huge contract ready in order to draw somebody.

Wondering how many years it will be before ISU has a winning season.

And wondering how many years it will take Fran to have a winning season. At least Fran has something to work with.

If Greg leaves I wonder what the chances are of Doug getting out of his LOI at UNI and following?

At least Greg will get a 3 year cushion at Creighton for Doug to play for him. The gallows were built and the noose was ready at ISU.

Who in their right mind would take the ISU job? Talk about rebuilding! Holy crap, that's a terrible job right now. Get out the checkbook, Pollard, because you'll need to have a huge contract ready in order to draw somebody.

And wondering how many years it will take Fran to have a winning season. At least Fran has something to work with.

The same could be said about the Iowa job before McCaffrey was hired. There are plenty of good mid-major coaches who would take the ISU job if the timing were better. This timing is brutal, not sure who they can get at this point. ISU should strongly consider not playing next year and redshirting everyone

And the Iowa job was so much better? Just like Iowa, ISU won't need to offer a huge contract for someone to take it.

Latest posts