Matt and Miller 1460 KXNO

My buddy travels a lot and used to listen to Matt when he was in Omaha. He was the exact same way with Husker fans. He just does it to stir the pot. Matt and Miller know very little about college football compared to Miller and Deace. If you listen to the morning show and then try to listen in the afternoon, there's no comparison. Don't listen if you dislike it that much. Otherwise.....7-0 speaks for itself!

I'm posting on here like I do all the other boards and I want this one to do well cause I think Jon Miller is a total class act....

But please go and listen to the beginning of the show. Ken and I spent an hour telling Iowa St and Nebraska fans to shut up and let the Hawks enjoy this run. This is a lot of fun. I was called a Hawk homer today on the air.....I guess that means I'm doing my job cause both sides are angry with us.

I appreciate those who are willing to say positive things about a radio show on message boards. Boards aren't built for positive - as Rick Pitino once put it - it's the "Fellowship of the Miserable". It's easier to hammer away but we know we have a lot of people in the market who really get what we are doing.

I know a lot of you listen and I appreciate those who do...it's a new show...still an infant and learning to walk - I'm not anyone except myself and I've been doing this for a long time - anything you guys write or say about me as already been said or written before - it's cool - I get it.....This has been a lot of fun for me to come over here and we look forward to more fun shows in the future...

I listen to the show regularly, and actually enjoy it. The only piece of advice / constructive criticism I would offer to you, Matt, would be this:

There is a time to interrupt a caller and there is also a time to simply shut up and let the caller make their point before you attempt to tear them apart (if you disagree). You need to do better at the latter.

You say you want to hear what the callers have to say, but when people do call in, you (a heckuva lot more than Kenny) tend to interrupt them after they've said 3 words.

Like I said, just some constructive criticism. Overall though, pretty decent show for the drive home.

My buddy travels a lot and used to listen to Matt when he was in Omaha. He was the exact same way with Husker fans. He just does it to stir the pot. Matt and Miller know very little about college football compared to Miller and Deace. If you listen to the morning show and then try to listen in the afternoon, there's no comparison. Don't listen if you dislike it that much. Otherwise.....7-0 speaks for itself!

You are correct about Miller and Deace. Excellent football knowledge and they both bring high sport IQ to the radio audience.

Matt has a Darin Davis type sport IQ and if you don't like his style, turn the dial to the right.

You are correct about Miller and Deace. Excellent football knowledge and they both bring high sport IQ to the radio audience.

Matt has a Darin Davis type sport IQ and if you don't like his style, turn the dial to the right.

And listen to Marty let people try to guess the mascot of obscure colleges for two hours? No, thanks.

Hour 1 was spent talking about Iowa St and Nebraska fans dumping on Iowa cause they are saying they aren't any good....I never said that. Now, I might not like your QB but there isn't another option so you go with what you have and the D, Special Teams, and running game have been great this year. Iowa wins with heart and coaching. I'm fully on the bandwagon for the Rose Bowl. So I don't think Iowa St nor Nebraska fans should be running their mouth saying Iowa isn't good...I don't believe that.

Now, there is a real debate as to a National Championship game appearance for Iowa. Their schedule is not very tough until Ohio St. Cinn. will face more Top 25 teams the rest of the way than Iowa will (2 to 1). Iowa's biggest win will be against either Penn St or Ohio St. Either Alabama and Florida will have 1 win vs. a Top 2 team and other wins vs. Top 25 teams including teams in the Top 10. Both of them are more deserving to play a rematch than a undefeated Iowa team.

The Rose Bowl is where I want Iowa and that is a HELL of a year. There is no disrespect in wishing that.

Matt, your interactions here are just further validation of why I've switched over to Marty on 1700 along with many others. We're Iowans and we support our state and institutions within it. Where do you fit in? There are plenty in the national media who can and do provide objectivity. When we're 7-0 and ranked in the top 10 we're looking to relish the positive. I'm just sorry you have to take Miller down with you.

Is Matt banned from Rival and Scout sites I wonder? I noticed that I've never seen Matt on HR or Iowa Scout but as soon as Jon started a new independant site Matt hops on, like he is at CyFanatic and Hawkeye Lounge. Interesting...

Matt,

But the records of Iowa's remaining schedule is pretty good. As of right now, everyone Iowa has left is over .500

That does look good

Hour 1 was spent talking about Iowa St and Nebraska fans dumping on Iowa cause they are saying they aren't any good....I never said that. Now, I might not like your QB but there isn't another option so you go with what you have and the D, Special Teams, and running game have been great this year. Iowa wins with heart and coaching. I'm fully on the bandwagon for the Rose Bowl. So I don't think Iowa St nor Nebraska fans should be running their mouth saying Iowa isn't good...I don't believe that.

Now, there is a real debate as to a National Championship game appearance for Iowa. Their schedule is not very tough until Ohio St. Cinn. will face more Top 25 teams the rest of the way than Iowa will (2 to 1). Iowa's biggest win will be against either Penn St or Ohio St. Either Alabama and Florida will have 1 win vs. a Top 2 team and other wins vs. Top 25 teams including teams in the Top 10. Both of them are more deserving to play a rematch than a undefeated Iowa team.

The Rose Bowl is where I want Iowa and that is a HELL of a year. There is no disrespect in wishing that.

I get your logic in remaining schedules, but Iowa has the toughest road schedule in the nation. That does not come from some crazy Hawk fan or Iowa affiliated website. This has been a national topic. SOS highly favors Iowa over Cinncy.

Matt, the only time I ever took issue with your opinions was last summer (not long after the show started) and there was another football player arrested in Iowa City. The conversation between you and Ken got pretty ugly and negative regarding Ferentz, the direction of the program, etc...

That little nugget aside, I respect your right to stir the pot a bit and ask the tough questions.

I guess I just don't understand why you feel a potentially undefeated Iowa team would not deserve a spot on the NC game. Especially with the schedule the Hawks are playing and how Iowa historically, notoriously is playing their best football by season's end.

Here's where I have to disagree with you. A team with one loss, that's one loss was already to the #1 team should NEVER get a rematch unless there are not only no zero loss teams, but also no one loss teams.

They got their shot. They lost. Let someone else have a chance.

This is where I have a big problem with the way college football does this. Is the Championship designed to determine the best team or determine who had the best season? The title game should be based on what we know, and not what we think we know.

If Florida loses to Alabama in the SEC Title game then we know they lost to Alabama. Meanwhile, while I might think Iowa doesn't stand a chance, I don't know that. If they are the last team standing with no losses, they deserve the opportunity to take their shot. They would be the only team left that did everything that was asked of them.

Here's how I would put it. Lets say Florida goes 12-1 and Iowa goes 12-0. Could Florida have possibly done better with Iowa's schedule than Iowa did? Of course not. You can't improve on 12-0. Could Iowa do better with Florida's schedule than Florida did? Well I'm about 99.9% sure they couldn't, but 12-1 can certainly be improved upon.

In that scenario if you are allowing Florida to go to the title game over Iowa you are voting with what you think you know rather than what you do know. Using subjective means instead of objective means. I think thats the biggest problem with the current system.

The computers, which take into account strength of schedule and the strength of your opponents, has us 3rd in the nation currently. Losses also go into that calc...if we go undefeated, we'll probably work our way up to #4 in the polls (assuming Texas, FL, and Bama win out). Our poll average + computer rankings might put us into the #3 spot for BCS purposes. What might hurt us is that Texas gets to play not one, but two games AFTER the B10 schedule is done. If we miss out as an undefeated team, that's going to be more to blame than anything the Hawkeyes do on the field. You'll have ol' Mack Brown crying to the media trying to talk about how tough the B12 is...and Texas will end up getting the break into the 3 spot to play the SECCG winner for the title.

The computers, which take into account strength of schedule and the strength of your opponents, has us 3rd in the nation currently. Losses also go into that calc...if we go undefeated, we'll probably work our way up to #4 in the polls (assuming Texas, FL, and Bama win out). Our poll average + computer rankings might put us into the #3 spot for BCS purposes. What might hurt us is that Texas gets to play not one, but two games AFTER the B10 schedule is done. If we miss out as an undefeated team, that's going to be more to blame than anything the Hawkeyes do on the field. You'll have ol' Mack Brown crying to the media trying to talk about how tough the B12 is...and Texas will end up getting the break into the 3 spot to play the SECCG winner for the title.

Sadly, this is true

How do you rip a guy who is 7-0 and 15-3 lifetime what more do you want Matt? Sure he throws bad balls once and a while but tell me one QB who doesn't throw INT's? Good thing we have such a slow D-fence to bail him out when needed.

Latest posts