Matt and Miller 1460 KXNO

Matt is an idiot and very annoying to listen to. Bring back Marty!!
I didn't agree with Matt and Miller yesterday when they said Iowa would get killed by Florida or Alabama. Iowa has always competed against SEC teams. Didn't they just beat LSU, Florida few years ago. Again, they almost beat Florida again and Texas as well. Iowa plays a style of football that allows them to have a chance to win. When you run the football, complete short passes, which keeps the clock moving and it eliminates possessions for other teams to score. That is how IOwa keeps games close and will always give them a chance to win in the end.

I just listened to the whole radio broadcast yesterday. I can't believe Matt said that Florida's better than Iowa at EVERY position. Iowa has a few better linemen, linebackers, punter, safety, corner, tight end. Unbelievable. Matt I want help welcome you to Iowa... but man... you make it tough.

Ok- you got me. Iowa has a better punter.

And do you guys think that "Bring Back whoever" blasts are going to change anything? Plus you list the whole show out so I take it you listen....which I appreciate a lot. I don't care if you don't like me...that's fine but argue with me...not for something that has zero impact on the discussion

hey is that really you Matt ... piece of advice ... you did Iowa FB media day, and one of the first things I ever heard you say (maybe the first time I listened to you) was something like 'wow, didn't realize the school/stadium was right in the middle of town'. My first thought upon hearing that was, 'and I am supposed to be interested in this kid's opinion of the team I have been following for my whole life? ... what a JOKE' ... no offense, but the only reason for local sports talk is to talk about local teams, about which you apparently know nothing ... I'd rather listen to the national guys opinions of Iowa as long as it has to be an outsider ... so my advice is to spend some REAL time LEARNING about IOWA sports so that the next time I give you a test-drive, I won't be wasting my time

Last edited:
Ok- you got me. Iowa has a better punter.

And do you guys think that "Bring Back whoever" blasts are going to change anything? Plus you list the whole show out so I take it you listen....which I appreciate a lot. I don't care if you don't like me...that's fine but argue with me...not for something that has zero impact on the discussion
Ok, I'm going to agree with Matt on this, don't use the "bring back..." whomever argument, it's counter productive. Matt, I do listen to the show (podcast) you're welcome, but you don't think Moeaki is better, Edds, Spievey?

The bring back Marty statements are ridiculous. Matty should thank Marty for being a complete headcase and pretty much giving him the job.

The bring back Marty statements are ridiculous. Matty should thank Marty for being a complete headcase and pretty much giving him the job.
The sad part is I think we might have found ourselves another headcase. Two undefeated BCS teams, play at the end of the year, if no one else is undefeated.... period.

After all these years of hearing about how Iowa is too slow to play with ______ (fill in the blank) and watching Iowa's slow pokes blow by the All American speedsters from the SEC and Big 12. These guys either have short term memory loss, or selective memory, or have never watched Iowa play these "speedsters".

Seriously --- you need some new material, because the Iowa is too slow theme is bogus for anyone that has ever watched them play these vaunted speed demons.

Probably not the most productive comment to make as a comeback Matt. Everybody knows that Marty burned and then ****** on the ashes of KXNO and to think he'd come back is laughable but ignoring it would be your better bet. And let's be honest Matt, everybody wants people to like them.

Matt: I listen to the show frequently and actually enjoy your personality. You stir the pot and I don't often agree with you but you provide a different perspective that not enough people look at.

Regarding the NCG. We've seen the 'rematch' scenario play out once already in 2006 with Michigan and Ohio State. The pollsters won't go for it. IF Iowa wins out and Texas wins out, one of those two will play in the NCG against the SEC winner pending they are also undefeated. After last year's postseason whinefest by Mack Brown you know Texas will get the nod. BUT, if Iowa and the SEC champion are the only undefeateds the Iowa WILL be in the NCG. Boise State and Cincinatti are out of the mix regardless of record. Iowa's OVERALL strength of schedule will be better than Cincinatti and Boise State, period. USC w/ 1 loss does NOT jump an undefeated Iowa despite Merlot Pete's hissy fits.

All that being said, I don't know that Iowa goes undefeated. I know we CAN but anything can happen. Historically Iowa has major let down games and we haven't seen one this year yet, and I hope we don't. Between Michigan St, Northwestern and Ohio State, nothing is guaranteed. Northwestern will be a huge trap game leading in to the OSU game and it wouldn't shock me to see us lose that one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but part of Matt and Miller's jobs' are to get people to listen. Clearly they are doing a great job of it based on this post. Agree or disagree is beside the point. If you listen, they are doing what they were hired to do.

Matt, yesterday you said Iowa has absolutely no chance against Florida, Alabama and Texas? Why is that exactly?

I think any Iowa fan would be NUTS to be happy with an undefeated season and anything less than a shot at the NC.

Lastly, I believe you said Louisville would help Cinci's SOS over Iowa... Really? You're talking about this team:

Sep 5 Indiana State Won 30-10
Sep 19 @Kentucky Lost 27-31
Sep 26 @Utah Lost 14-30
Oct 2 Pittsburgh Lost 10-35
Oct 10 Southern Miss Won 25-23
Oct 17 @Connecticut Lost 25-38

C'mon man....

Well, although I don't really like his commentary, something tells me yesterday will be the last time he talks nice about the Hawks ever...

the key is to have the preliminary rounds of a playoff pre-bowls ... then the bowls still survive to supply the NCAA and the top teams with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If we had a playoff...then this debate would be pointless. Even a plus 1 would be better than this.

I'm trying to stream from the internet because I'm in CR...I'm not getting any sound though. Anybody streaming have similar issues?

**Nvm...I got it!

Last edited:

Latest posts