Matt and Miller 1460 KXNO

I think their point was twofold though.

They were basically saying they thought Cincinnati had a tougher road to finish the season without a loss than did Iowa. That could mean two things.

1. They think Iowa and Cincy are of equal strength and Cincy has a tougher schedule

OR

2. They think Iowa is better than Cincy and therefore less susceptible to a loss.

For an extreme example, I think Iowa has a tougher schedule remaining than Iowa State does, but I also think Iowa has a FAR better chance of finishing without a loss the rest of the way.

This is what he meant people..... No reason to grab the torches and pitchforks.

Didn't they also say that Texas would outclass us in a bowl? Or had to much speed for us?

They didn't, and who knows maybe Matt might be right. I thought the same thing in 2006 and I was wrong, Iowa was every bit as Texas that day.
Since then they've proved numerous times that they'll show up and win when few think they will.

They have Syracuse, Louisville, and Illinois left who have a combined 5 wins.

Those dogs Iowa has left have a combined 12 wins between them.

So yes their claim was without merit, and Matt why didn't you just use "sportstalkmatt" as your name like you do on the other boards?

Well I've never been accused of being a radio personality before. This is a first. Thanks for the compliment.

Last edited:
I lived in Omaha during Matt's stint there and I will tell you he acts like much more of a Husker supporter here than he did there. He is paid to entertain us and he will admit that. I ran into him a couple weeks ago and he was much more "down to earth" than while he's trying to gain listeners. He IS an SEC/East Coast freak though and should probably keep moving that direction. So sick of hearing about SEC speed. Bring it!

I have tried to listen to this show and have found myself switching over to 1700 and listening to Marty. I've listened to him on the first three stations he was on and as mad as he can make me sometimes, he is pretty entertaining. He seems to really be enjoying himself on this new show and he obviously has some good relationships still, as he gets pretty good guests. Marc Morehouse is on every Monday and Friday and I like that Bama Bob guy too.

Totally with you, Punk. I didn't think I'd miss Marty so much when he was gone, but it is GREAT to have him back! He's a ******* sometimes, but he can also be hilarious. Plus he seems to focus more on Iowa than the other guys. I was so irritated on the way home when Matt and Miller were literally talking about the Vikings for 20 minutes. I know KXNO is the radio home of the Vikings in Central Iowa, but the Monday after Iowa goes to 7-0 for the first time in 24 years...I just think that should be their initial focus.

I can kind of understand where they are coming from with Cincy. They don't have anything as tough as Ohio State or Michigan State, but they also don't have dogs like Northwestern, Indiana, and Minnesota on the schedule either. I disagree with them, but its not like the claim is totally without merit.

Really? They don't have dogs on their schedule? Personally, I would call Louisville, Syracuse, and Illinois far greater "Dogs" than Indiana, jNWU, and Minny... just based on records, if nothing else.

Just my $.02

I honestly tried to listen to their radio show and just could not do it. I think Ken Miller is great and I feel that Matt just brings the show down. At 4pm I immediately switch to 1700AM. I don't think Marty's show is as good as it was on 1460AM with Kenny, but it is a much better product than the Matt & Miller Show.

I'm posting on here like I do all the other boards and I want this one to do well cause I think Jon Miller is a total class act....

But please go and listen to the beginning of the show. Ken and I spent an hour telling Iowa St and Nebraska fans to shut up and let the Hawks enjoy this run. This is a lot of fun. I was called a Hawk homer today on the air.....I guess that means I'm doing my job cause both sides are angry with us.

I appreciate those who are willing to say positive things about a radio show on message boards. Boards aren't built for positive - as Rick Pitino once put it - it's the "Fellowship of the Miserable". It's easier to hammer away but we know we have a lot of people in the market who really get what we are doing.

I know a lot of you listen and I appreciate those who do...it's a new show...still an infant and learning to walk - I'm not anyone except myself and I've been doing this for a long time - anything you guys write or say about me as already been said or written before - it's cool - I get it.....This has been a lot of fun for me to come over here and we look forward to more fun shows in the future...

Last edited:
But please go and listen to the beginning of the show. Ken and I spent an hour telling Iowa St and Nebraska fans to shut up and let the Hawks enjoy this run. This is a lot of fun. I was called a Hawk homer today on the air...

Did hear that and about choked on my water. Still disagree with comments about Iowa having NO chance vs SEC/Texas matchup. I will take our chances with the Norm Parker team defense "scheme" over pure speed. The Hawks have proven they can hang with, and at times dominate, those types of teams. Time will tell...

I tried Matt and Miller one time after the Iowa - isu footbal game. Matt opened the show with how terrible of game Stanzi played.

Okay, the Hawks win 35-3, the isu qb is so bad he is replaced by the backup qb. But the main theme of the show as presented by Matt, was Stanzi is a lousy QB.

Matt is a complete joke and b12 homer. I never thought I would say this, but Marty is the way to go for the 4pm sports talk show slot.

Yeah, the 3 pick 6's this season have sure shut me up :)

7-0 11 straight Seems like Stanzi is doing just fine. Focus on the three interceptions for touchdowns and not take into account all of the good throws he has made this year.

But hey, keep up the ripping of Stanzi. It makes you look more foolish, if that is possible.

Seems like so many people, mostly the "experts" know nothing about Iowa. This guy on ESPNU Inside the Polls just said that Iowa is lucky because this year they don't have Ohio State on the schedule. It's like, get real.

Luginbill came back in the next segment and corrected himself,saying he should know better,and that Iowa does play OSU...just to set the record straight.

I'm posting on here like I do all the other boards and I want this one to do well cause I think Jon Miller is a total class act....

But please go and listen to the beginning of the show. Ken and I spent an hour telling Iowa St and Nebraska fans to shut up and let the Hawks enjoy this run. This is a lot of fun. I was called a Hawk homer today on the air.....I guess that means I'm doing my job cause both sides are angry with us.

I appreciate those who are willing to say positive things about a radio show on message boards. Boards aren't built for positive - as Rick Pitino once put it - it's the "Fellowship of the Miserable". It's easier to hammer away but we know we have a lot of people in the market who really get what we are doing.

I know a lot of you listen and I appreciate those who do...it's a new show...still an infant and learning to walk - I'm not anyone except myself and I've been doing this for a long time - anything you guys write or say about me as already been said or written before - it's cool - I get it.....This has been a lot of fun for me to come over here and we look forward to more fun shows in the future...

Matt by coming on here and posting I must say I respect you for that.

So you spent the first hour telling Husker and Clone fans to shut up then you proceed to bash the Hawks for most of the second hour by saying you will be mad if Iowa plays for a national title before Florida or Alabama or Iowa can't match up with Florida, Alabama, or Texas. So you **** off one or two fan bases first to make one happy, then **** off that 3rd fan base to make the other 2 happy all in the same show. See people are figuring out how you work and you are killing the show by doing this.

Duh people Iowa only plays bad teams, and we have just been a "better" kind of bad*. I don't care as long as the number underneath the W keeps going up.

*--According to sportstalkmatt

Matt is worse than Larry Cotler and thats saying something!

Let's not get carried away, Matt is annoying but he's no Cotlar. At least we're not subjected to 30 minutes of slobbering over Karen Kay or worse John Pascuzzi.

I find Matt hard to understand at times, and he makes frustrating comments about the Hawkeyes, but I'm guessing some of that is shtick to try to get us riled up. He always points out the one or two fringe Hawk fans that are off the deep end, like when he compared us to crazed Husker fans yesterday. I don't know any people trying to say we're better than Florida, etc. Most of us are just enjoying the ride and holding out cautious hope of Pasadena.

Everyone has a such a complex. He said we were a really good football team about 10 times during the second hour.

Why its so insulting that anyone would dare question the ability of Iowa to play with Florida, Alabama, and Texas is beyond me.

Do I think Iowa could play with these teams? Any given Saturday I guess...I'd like to take my shot and see if we can pull an upset, but lets be honest, it would be just that. I certainly disagree that a one loss team should EVER play for the National Title over an unbeaten team, but I can't disagree with the sentiment that those teams are better.

Latest posts