Matt and Miller 1460 KXNO

I like the fact KXNO is doing up the Insight Bowl tomorrow and am hoping we'll see the same with Iowa for the Orange Bowl

Ken Miller is fine... he does a good job talking about both programs highs and lows.

Matt would be very good if he did not have such a built in hatred of everything U of I and the Big Ten. He's SEC and has good friends that are ISU so he has set out to be the jihadic inspiration for the ISU taking over the world.

Here's his/will be his schtick for the bowl games....

For ISU
- this has been a remarkable year and season
- the Insight bowl is just a slight notch below playing in the BCS
- ISU is storming Phoenix with a bowl record 10,000 fans - what a showing !
- ISU is on the verge of playing with the big dogs on the national stage
- Paul Rhodes has invented football, tackling and U-Tube
- recruiting and image has improved 100 fold with this year's U-Tube video of the post Nebraska game speech
- 6 wins puts ISU on the verge of the BCS
- and on and on and on....

To be for Iowa
- this is a real downer of a BCS game
- Iowa has had a disappointing turnout of 25-30,000 fans
- not sure how the Iowa program will compete in the future
- Iowa has had an easy schedule
- Ricky Stanzi is horrible
- Iowa has no pro's on this roster
- the schemes are outdated
- this is the worst of the BCS games
- winning 10 games amounts to an average season
- not winning the Big Ten amounts to a massive failure
- and on and on and on

Don't take my word for it..... just listen to the entire body of the work.

Why do I listen ? ...... I actually like Ken Miller quite a bit.

I keep thinking Matt will come around and realize that the listening audience sees right through the anti-Iowa schtick.

Last edited:
Here's his/will be his schtick for the bowl games....

For ISU
- this has been a remarkable year and season
- the Insight bowl is just a slight notch below playing in the BCS
- ISU is storming Phoenix with a bowl record 10,000 fans - what a showing !
- ISU is on the verge of playing with the big dogs on the national stage
- Paul Rhodes has invented football, tackling and U-Tube
- recruiting and image has improved 100 fold with this year's U-Tube video of the post Nebraska game speech
- 6 wins puts ISU on the verge of the BCS
- and on and on and on....

To be for Iowa
- this is a real downer of a BCS game
- Iowa has had a disappointing turnout of 25-30,000 fans
- not sure how the Iowa program will compete in the future
- Iowa has had an easy schedule
- Ricky Stanzi is horrible
- Iowa has no pro's on this roster
- the schemes are outdated
- this is the worst of the BCS games
- winning 10 games amounts to an average season
- not winning the Big Ten amounts to a massive failure
- and on and on and on
QUOTE]

This is so true thank you for this it made me laugh...

Marty Terrell on 1700 is absolutely pounding Matt and Miller in the ratings. It is not even close. Matt is playing the "bash Iowa" card to try to boost ratings. It won't work. They stink.

Marty will continue to destroy them if he doesn't self-destruct

Marty Terrell on 1700 is absolutely pounding Matt and Miller in the ratings. It is not even close. Matt is playing the "bash Iowa" card to try to boost ratings. It won't work. They stink.

Dude...you clearly don't have a ratings book and fall trends to look at. I do.

There is one afternoon sports program that is barely showing up in the ratings book...barely...and another that is doing solidly. If you don't make a dent in the fall book in this marketplace, you might as well fold up the tents.

I can attest that the three local sports programs on KXNO are putting up solid numbers.

You can deduce the rest.

really?

do you have a link for the ratings?

really?

do you have a link for the ratings?

He doesn't for the ratings that matter. There are links out there to the 12+ glory numbers that absolutely no one sells, because they dont matter.

Sports talk goes for the Male, 25-54 target demo, with which to sell off of

Dude...you clearly don't have a ratings book and fall trends to look at. I do.

There is one afternoon sports program that is barely showing up in the ratings book...barely...and another that is doing solidly. If you don't make a dent in the fall book in this marketplace, you might as well fold up the tents.

I can attest that the three local sports programs on KXNO are putting up solid numbers.

You can deduce the rest.

C'mon Jon, two of those shows have no competetion in their time slots. ESPN's national programming is just as bad as Fox's, so it shouldn't be surprising that your show and Keith and Andy's show are doing well.

Here is a link to those glory numbers:

RADIO ONLINE ®

These can be used as an indicator of overall strength of weakness of an expected book.

KXNO with a 3.2 for the first fall trend is solid, the third highest rated glory number of any DSM talker. Of course, this doesn't go in and extrapolate the numbers that really matter, 25-54 males...which will be higher. I would guess we would be the #2 talker in that demo behind WHO, which KXNO is probably never going to beat, because we are a niche genre, and the 25-54 demo is a niche of a niche.

The Champ has a 0.7

Jon, I am curious. Do the podcasts enter into any part of the ratings discussion? I know I listen to the podcast of you and Deace as often as possible. I do so because I don't live in the DM area (and the lack of commercials). :)

Jon, I am curious. Do the podcasts enter into any part of the ratings discussion? I know I listen to the podcast of you and Deace as often as possible. I do so because I don't live in the DM area (and the lack of commercials). :)

Nope

One thing is certain..the radio ratings process is a joke and its amazing that in today's day and age the same old diary process is what is being primarily used

Thanks for the reply. I would agree that if ratings are still calculated in the old manner, that is pretty ridiculous. Keep up the good work on your show.

stir the pot is right
and if it lights up the message boards (witch they monitor) that all the better

and if you get mad and call into the show, well that's better yet

if you don't like it don't let them push your buttons

wow I responded in the first page and didn't notice there was 7 more pages

see I SAID THEY monitor the boards

yes I listen and the one thing I hate the most about the show is Millers opening line

wow I responded in the first page and didn't notice there was 7 more pages

see I SAID THEY monitor the boards

yes I listen and the one thing I hate the most about the show is Millers opening line

And I will keep doing it as long as I am on the radio :)

Isn't that funny though? We all have little things that get under our skin...and that's one of them for you. Little things that have zero bearing on life and don't matter whatsoever, but we all have those things.

Like I can't stand Tom Looney's into bit to his Pop Looney segment, but I always want to hear it because it just ticks me off. Winner winner chicken dinner

By the way, the Good morning central Iowa, hello state of Iowa how are ya is is an homage to one of my favorite songs. Can you figure it out?

A HN Hoodie to the person that can, first

Here is a pic of the hoodie

x2_750185

Latest posts