Luke Garza Hype Train

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
(*Luka, not Luke) I am trying to keep a level head about his production this summer...I dont think the competition overseas was all that good...probably sub PTL...but he did extremely well in PTL, and he dominated overseas..and I will stick to what I wrote last week...he has the most advanced offensive game of any true frosh true center since at least Guy Rucker, and maybe going back to Michael Payne.

Last edited:
Absolutely awesome! Can't wait to see him in the Big Ten.

Also, going into the 2nd half of today's game (didn't see final stats), Moss was 9-12 from 3.

Absolutely awesome! Can't wait to see him in the Big Ten.

Also, going into the 2nd half of today's game (didn't see final stats), Moss was 9-12 from 3.
I guess Fran wasn't lying when he spoke about Moss being one of the best 3pt shooters on the team.
I think Garza has the potential to be the best center @ Iowa ever!

I guess Fran wasn't lying when he spoke about Moss being one of the best 3pt shooters on the team.
I think Garza has the potential to be the best center @ Iowa ever!

And Cook one of the best power forwards. And Bohannon one of the best point guards (on offense). Maybe Wiescamp will be one of the best shooting guards ever even.

And Cook one of the best power forwards. And Bohannon one of the best point guards (on offense). Maybe Wiescamp will be one of the best shooting guards ever even.

No doubt the future is bright. I honestly could see Baer start this year and then move back to a 6th man role next year again once Weiskamp is here.

Next year:
JBo/Williams
Moss/Ellingson
Weiskamp/Baer
Cook, Pemsl, Nunge
Garza/Kriener

That's an 11 man rotation without even Wagner or Connor.

No doubt the future is bright. I honestly could see Baer start this year and then move back to a 6th man role next year again once Weiskamp is here.

Next year:
JBo/Williams
Moss/Ellingson
Weiskamp/Baer
Cook, Pemsl, Nunge
Garza/Kriener

That's an 11 man rotation without even Wagner or Connor.

I compare Pemsl to Greg Brunner. A big body who is good at using it and finishes well at the rim. Brunner was one of the best players on a team that earned a 3 seed in the tourney (I forget what happened after that) and Pemsl is going to have to fight to earn minutes on this team. Could you imagine Brunner having to fight for minutes on that team because there were better options?

All this "potential best ever" talk and then there is Nunge who has the tools to have an incredible career too.

Hope this all works out and egos don't get in the way because it could be fun if so!
Just hard to see a lot of minutes for Uhl, Wagner, William and Dailey if the newcomers play as well as they have.

(*Luka, not Luke) I am trying to keep a level head about his production this summer...I dont think the competition overseas was all that good...probably sub PTL...but he did extremely well in PTL, and he dominated overseas..and I will stick to what I wrote last week...he has the most advanced offensive game of any true frosh true center since at least Guy Rucker, and maybe going back to Michael Payne.

I know this is probably picking nits, but I think Acie Earl was a much better offensive player as a young guy than either Rucker or Payne...he just didn't get to show it because he was behind Jepsen and Bullard who were seniors. However, I think he proved how good he was in his Sophomore year when he avg'd over 16ppg.

The competition might have been suspect but what I saw Gaza doing is repeatable even against better competition. Can't coach his size, he's a true big man. Also has hit the weights and looks strong. He is posting up, blocking out , and passing the ball. Very versatile. He is certainly the type of center we haven't seen in a long time at Iowa. Plus he maybe is a good 3 point shooter. I'll be shocked if he doesn't start day one at center.

I love Bo and have defended him based on what one of his talented brothers said about how Bo was the best of the litter ( and that is saying a lot), BUT he is no Ronnie Lester.

In fairness you did say one of the best and he pretty special. I am hoping you are right about Wiescamp also. The potential is great for the pieces to come together.

I love Bo and have defended him based on what one of his talented brothers said about how Bo was the best of the litter ( and that is saying a lot), BUT he is no Ronnie Lester.

In fairness you did say one of the best and he pretty special. I am hoping you are right about Wiescamp also. The potential is great for the pieces to come together.

He won't be an Andre Woolridge. He probably won't be one of the best as far as individual players go, but he will be one of the best at running the offense efficiently. This is the perfect team for him to be on too.

He won't be an Andre Woolridge. He probably won't be one of the best as far as individual players go, but he will be one of the best at running the offense efficiently. This is the perfect team for him to be on too.

If his freshman year is indicative of what is to come it is going to be a fun ride the next three years.

Latest posts