Ohio State QB Devin Brown

NCHawker

word on twitter is he's in the portal - a possbile transfer to Iowa. Wore #33 played in bowl game against Missou if you recall.

Link

Devin Brown was rated the #5 quarterback nationally in the 2022 class. His main offers were Texas, USC, Notre Dame, and Ole Miss. A very high 4-star prospect with insane arm strength, Brown is set to be one of the biggest names among quarterbacks in this year’s transfer portal.

That tweet said 'WILL enter' as in he hasn't yet. Until he or anyone else actually is in it take it with a grain of salt. OSU played their spring game 2 weeks ago it's almost a little odd with all the QBs they have that a couple of them haven't gotten in yet. Not sure what they are waiting for they have till the 30th.

Hmmm...

So what's the story? Why is he not starting at OSU?
OSU brought in Will Howard from the portal already from KSU. He took most all the first team reps this spring and in the spring game so he's the leader in the clubhouse for the job this yr. They have like 4 other pretty highly rated QBs looking to play on roster. It'd be more surprising if they all stayed then if 2 or 3 of em hopped in the portal. Kienhotlz and Brown are both certainly candidates for leaving.. But so far none of them have left yet

The only way he comes to Iowa is if CM is not recovering well from the injury, and Iowa sells this kid on that.. A player of that ilk is not coming in to a situation where he is an entrenched back-up.

The only way he comes to Iowa is if CM is not recovering well from the injury, and Iowa sells this kid on that.. A player of that ilk is not coming in to a situation where he is an entrenched back-up.
Exactly.. Or why leave where he's at? If he just wants to compete for a job just stay and he should get it next yr. He'd have other options besides lowly ole Iowa too. It shouldn't be either or with him, Kienholtz or any other Qb out there possibly looking for a new home.

Getting any kind of talented QB to want to come into this situation would take some salesmanship from the coaches I would think. And multiple yrs to play. A one and done QB really shouldn't want to come here that'd be a gamble.

I'm hopeful but tomorrow is the last day for players to hop in the portal. Today and tomorrow could be pretty wild or it could be really anti climatic for us.. We'll see

I think I read where this kid is from Pierre, South Dakota. Hell, a short drive over to Sioux Falls, down I 29, east on I 80 and the family and friends can come to game much easier than Columbus.

I saw a post OSU spring depth chart that has him listed as #2.

How much would this kid cost?

I think I read where this kid is from Pierre, South Dakota. Hell, a short drive over to Sioux Falls, down I 29, east on I 80 and the family and friends can come to game much easier than Columbus.

I saw a post OSU spring depth chart that has him listed as #2.

How much would this kid cost?
Don't see us outbidding OSU for a back-up. They have the cash.

That said, if the money is similar, he probably has a better chance of winning the starting position at Iowa if CM does not get right or this kid is too good to keep off the field. The other issue is pressure coming up from behind. OSU reloads with 5 stars every year. At Iowa, he probably doesn't have to worry about someone coming in and taking his job......

word on twitter is he's in the portal - a possbile transfer to Iowa. Wore #33 played in bowl game against Missou if you recall.

Link

Devin Brown was rated the #5 quarterback nationally in the 2022 class. His main offers were Texas, USC, Notre Dame, and Ole Miss. A very high 4-star prospect with insane arm strength, Brown is set to be one of the biggest names among quarterbacks in this year’s transfer portal.
I'm not saying the kid will or won't transfer, but here are a couple articles (albeit from a couple months ago) where he's pretty adamant that he's staying put. ..

Fox Sports

Bleacher Report

Again, I don't know what the kid's going to do but I don't know if I'd trust a super obscure Iowa fan account with less than 500 followers & looking for clicks. There aren't any real CFB media saying the same thing. I also wouldn't say it's the "word on twitter..." It's literally one little fake media account.

Link

Now that I look at that account a little more, he's done it a whole bunch of times where he posts fake rumors to troll people. You got rick rolled.

Link

Or maybe you're trolling us...

Link

If you want to keep up with the comings and goings of the portal this is about as good as any for doing so. Twitter accounts are crapshoot. Once in awhile someone will be first to the punch on being right about something but most of the time they are full of it.

What is the Mendoza line for a QB to transfer to Iowa?
How far down the pecking order at what level of FBS does one have to be to consider an Iowa QB opportunity is a better option?

What is the Mendoza line for a QB to transfer to Iowa?
How far down the pecking order at what level of FBS does one have to be to consider an Iowa QB opportunity is a better option?
Depends on $. If Iowa is offering the most, it has a good shot. All these kids think they will shine in whatever opportunity they get. Look at CM. He had better options than Iowa I am sure.

If you want to keep up with the comings and goings of the portal this is about as good as any for doing so. Twitter accounts are crapshoot. Once in awhile someone will be first to the punch on being right about something but most of the time they are full of it.

The portal pickings seem slim.

But...we currently have one available QB on the roster, and that seems like a problem. In addition to the incoming Resar, we need at least one other arm, even if it is a walk-on.

The portal pickings seem slim.

But...we currently have one available QB on the roster, and that seems like a problem. In addition to the incoming Resar, we need at least one other arm, even if it is a walk-on.
Ole Lester didn't know what he was getting himself into... I agree they gotta get one more arm. No if ands or butts about it. For practice reps for all the Wrs TEs and RBs they gotta get another.

My hope is and I have no way of knowing if this has an ounce of truth to it is that Hill leaving was because coaches told him Lainez was #2 now. So if I'm right about that then Lester must like Lainez a little bit anyway to run his system and can see him growing into it. Just hope he can do it fast cause we all are on the edge of our seats wondering how many reps Cade will ever end up taking.

Latest posts