Louisville basketball should be given death penalty if bombshell NCAA allegations prove true

I think

I know this is simply an internet forum, but statements like these are pretty reckless and unnecessary. Unless or until something comes out that our coaches were funneling money to players or there is a lot of circumstantial evidence like we all of a sudden start pulling in top tier guys that aren't the coach's sons or located in the state of Iowa, it might be best to stop throwing shit against the wall and thinking(hoping) it sticks....

reckless? We're having a discussion on a message board dude, take a step back. I am just giving MY opinion and after having discussions with someone who still coaches and played - the issue runs rampant across the board. And it has NOTHING to do with top tier guys...but hey, Fran DID suddenly increase the recruiting at Iowa almost over night didn't he?

reckless? We're having a discussion on a message board dude, take a step back. I am just giving MY opinion and after having discussions with someone who still coaches and played - the issue runs rampant across the board. And it has NOTHING to do with top tier guys...but hey, Fran DID suddenly increase the recruiting at Iowa almost over night didn't he?

Maybe he's afraid the FBI will see your post. You really should be more careful...

But, how many can one buy for 1.9 million Nike swoshes?

Should be more than ISU can for under have a mil....right? ISU has in the past few years gotten more bang for their shoes.....

Maybe he's afraid the FBI will see your post. You really should be more careful...

But, how many can one buy for 1.9 million Nike swoshes?

I'm just talking here, I aint making accusations - I am saying... ME PERSONALLY, am in NO WAY completely comfortable that Iowa is completely clean in this. Why? Because it's the game. Not Iowa. It's how everyone is doing it. I am not making that up, it's what is being discussed by everyone today.

Also... because @SpiderRico has a different opinion then mine... I don't think that it says anything about him except for he has a different opinion...which he's entitled to have. These kind of discussion are EXACTLY what a message board is for tho

I'm just talking here, I aint making accusations - I am saying... ME PERSONALLY, am in NO WAY completely comfortable that Iowa is completely clean in this. Why? Because it's the game. Not Iowa. It's how everyone is doing it. I am not making that up, it's what is being discussed by everyone today.
I guess if you don't see an issue with coming to a public forum and essentially saying that members of the Iowa basketball coaching staff are criminals by stating they aren't clean in this, then that's a you problem....

I guess if you don't see an issue with coming to a public forum and essentially saying that members of the Iowa basketball coaching staff are criminals by stating they aren't clean in this, then that's a you problem....

I said every coach in the country who works for a shoe brand is involved. Big difference buddy. But go ahead and try and make it about you and me.

I said every coach in the country who works for a shoe brand is involved. Big difference buddy. But go ahead and try and make it about you and me.
Look man, I'm not the one that came on here and stated that you have 0 confidence that the Iowa program is clean in this situation, you did. By saying that, you are absolutely implying that the coaching staff are engaging in criminal and/or illicit behavior. What other way can it be?

Wow Spider, what a leap. I personally know of some relatively minor violations. Bigger one's who knows. We do know the football program had some pretty non-transparent and non-sensical contracts and awards. Who knows where the shoe is going to fall on this literally. One thing for sure, Presidents are going to be a lot more in tune and hold athletic departments to more accountability. Probably some admins will go out the door and maybe in another door over this.

Look man, I'm not the one that came on here and stated that you have 0 confidence that the Iowa program is clean in this situation, you did. By saying that, you are absolutely implying that the coaching staff are engaging in criminal and/or illicit behavior. What other way can it be?

I said it wouldn't shock me. That I wouldn't be comfortable throwing stones. Iowa sends it coaches to the same camps as everyone else and the system is broken and every school is competing for the same scraps.

I am Fran's biggest cheerleader on this board, my stance doesn't change 1 bit because I think everyone is doing it. It's my opinion, you can deal with it however you want.

Wow Spider, what a leap. I personally know of some relatively minor violations. Bigger one's who knows. We do know the football program had some pretty non-transparent and non-sensical contracts and awards. Who knows where the shoe is going to fall on this literally. One thing for sure, Presidents are going to be a lot more in tune and hold athletic departments to more accountability. Probably some admins will go out the door and maybe in another door over this.

Iowa reports infractions every season. I didn't say anything out of line here. I just said - I personally think it reaches every facet of every program in the game in some shape way or form because these Shoe companies are fronting it all...and guess what, Iowa has a shoe contract?

Dude, you have issues.
It's funny that we're at a point in society where throwing shit against the wall with no regard for the people it's being thrown against is considered cool...and the minute it's called out, that person has issues....yeah, that sounds about right...

So will this increase the Iowa seed in the next NCAA tournament? Hopefully, all the negative press will hurt the Minnesota program if they are shady.

No one threw shit against the wall, I just said, IMO - I'd pump the breaks on declaring Iowa being squeeky clean. I don't wish any ill will towards Fran or the U of I, I just think that it runs deep. I also think it's crazy that we live in a society that some people need to defend an institution about ANYTHING blindly. Iowa's AD was just recently found guilty in the court of law for inappropriate actions when dealing with employees. It's not an infallible institution. I never once said that Fran and his guys are backing up Brinks Trucks for their recruits. It's not always an assistant funneling the money. Not all laws broken involve agents or business managers. Some include school representatives paying players to come to a particular school in back channels. School representatives that are involved with that schools shoe contract and maybe NOT at all with the program. Iowa assistants have TONS of ties to these AAU programs, to these Nike and Adidas Camps. So, I for one... can't comfortable just state something like "There's NO WAY Iowa could be involved" ....So... you say it doesn't effect Iowa because Iowa hasn't had a ton of top tier recruits come to Iowa? Just because they didn't come here, doesn't mean Iowa didn't play the game. The sport is f'd and a big light is about to get shined on it and I honestly don't believe there are a TON of innocence in any of it.

I will say this... Fran has specifically mentioned that they've backed off a kids because after dealing with them, they ended up having to deal with their "handlers" .... that gives me hope that he at least believes he's clean... but again, I think it goes further up to poll. You think Fran meets with Nike over their deal? I don't. I don't think there was a lot of whistle blowing because it was happening every where, the NCAA was aware of it and profiting off of it, as well as were the schools, coaches and players. It was a game and most everyone was playing it one way or another.

I will say this... Fran has specifically mentioned that they've backed off a kids because after dealing with them, they ended up having to deal with their "handlers" .... that gives me hope that he at least believes he's clean... but again, I think it goes further up to poll. You think Fran meets with Nike over their deal? I don't. I don't think there was a lot of whistle blowing because it was happening every where, the NCAA was aware of it and profiting off of it, as well as were the schools, coaches and players. It was a game and most everyone was playing it one way or another.

This is what happened with Charlie Moore, and I pointed it out in a Charlie Moore thread. Rob lectured and said that is a serious charge that shouldn't be leveled without solid proof. Well guess what, everyone knew this crap went on, there were rumors all over the place about Charlie and his handlers.

https://sports.yahoo.com/feds-decided-college-basketballs-corruption-worth-time-171833684.html

this is a good read.... here are some of the parts that make me think how big this could be.

"Perhaps the most revealing part of the past 48 hours came from numerous conversations with coaches and assistants throughout the sport. There’s a near-universal admission that they had no sense that the activities of coaches, agents and sneaker company reps were against the law. (The NCAA’s impotent enforcement department had been incapable of policing the grassroots underworld for decades.) The culture of the activities described in the federal court documents – buying players, steering players and brokering deals for kickbacks – has become such an engrained part of the sport’s culture that there was widespread shock that it was raised to federal government implications. The activities the feds are investigating, to many in college basketball, were considered business as usual."

"The agent system has long intertwined with the AAU world, so deep that most agents and their runners start contacting kids as high school underclassmen. Money funneled to prospects and their families long before they chose a college has long been a way of doing business. “Andy Miller isn’t doing anything that every NBA and NFL agent is doing,” said an agent who asked to remain anonymous. “Is the entire industry of representing NBA and NFL players illegal?”

Latest posts