Louisville basketball should be given death penalty if bombshell NCAA allegations prove true

I'd want to ask Fran: How likely would you be to know if your assistants were involved in anything illegal or in violation of the rules.

My guess is head coaches know 100% of what their assistants are doing which is why I don't, for a minute, buy what these coaches are saying that they weren't aware of what was going on. Sean Miller, Rick Pitino, etc.

They absolutely know I would imagine. That said, I told others not to rush to judgement because I had heard that it was pretty much across the board in the sport from several sources. I am glad to hear Iowa wouldn't be involved and I am glad to be wrong.

Asked about it today - FM said they have nothing to worry about - they are completely clean and they have turned in other programs they thought were dirty. WOW.

well, I am completely satisfied with that answer.
Did he finish that statement with "because we do the same for the non-student athletes?

Do you work for the NCAA? haha that seems like something they'd think.

No. The NCAA would simultaneously announce a penalty against Western Kentucky for some minor infraction. They would announce the Louisville penalty and in the same release say "Western Kentucky, which self-reported an infraction under which a coach gave a softball player a ride to the airport so the player could fly home in an emergency situation in which both of the player's parents were clinging to life after their Volvo station wagon was t-boned by a Freightliner travelling 81 mph, hereby forfeits 9 football and 3 basketball scholarships for the next two years. Moves like the coach's, while well intentioned, clearly confer an economic benefit, as our analysis has concluded that a LYFT ride to the airport would have cost in excess of $9. The self-reporting of the infraction is a mitigating factor, but we can't excuse these infractions."

Latest posts