Lipstick on a pig

You people amaze me. This is a potent offensive team. Any win in Ames is fantastic. Step away from the edge...at the end of the year no one will say this one didn't count. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

ISU will not win more than two games the rest of the way. They're not good because they never are. That said, Kirk coached teams nearly always struggle with ISU for some reason so it's hard to judge how good the Hawks are based on their performance vs the Clones. We'll find out how good they really are in a few weeks vs PSU.

It's apparent that many people on this forum, particularly the OP, don't understand football in the slightest. Man 1 thru 22, ISU can hang with most teams. In the 2nd half of the year last year, once they settled on Park and got their system implemented, they led OK State and Baylor going into the 4th and gave OK and KSU all they could handle. Their problem is depth, not talent. But you guys just keep telling yourselves that beating ISU is somehow our birthright as if it's 1985...

ISU will not win more than two games the rest of the way. They're not good because they never are. That said, Kirk coached teams nearly always struggle with ISU for some reason so it's hard to judge how good the Hawks are based on their performance vs the Clones. We'll find out how good they really are in a few weeks vs PSU.

Ill take the bet that ISU wins more then 2 games this season. Name it

I'm not sure I'd call it lipstick on a pig. Sure it was s close game with plenty to work on. The oline worries me but we have great coaching. I really like what bf is doing, hell we've thrown it downfield more in 2 games than we did all last year. I think that maybe the best offense we face all year. Their receivers lost them the game and Montgomery is wrecking ball, no wonder kf was so complimentary of him. We will get better and winning a close road game like this does more for us than last years blow out. Stanley really grew up imo

I'm not sure I'd call it lipstick on a pig. Sure it was s close game with plenty to work on. The oline worries me but we have great coaching. I really like what bf is doing, hell we've thrown it downfield more in 2 games than we did all last year. I think that maybe the best offense we face all year. Their receivers lost them the game and Montgomery is wrecking ball, no wonder kf was so complimentary of him. We will get better and winning a close road game like this does more for us than last years blow out. Stanley really grew up imo

Yeah, last year's blow-out was absolute fool's gold.

It's apparent that many people on this forum, particularly the OP, don't understand football in the slightest. Man 1 thru 22, ISU can hang with most teams. In the 2nd half of the year last year, once they settled on Park and got their system implemented, they led OK State and Baylor going into the 4th and gave OK and KSU all they could handle. Their problem is depth, not talent. But you guys just keep telling yourselves that beating ISU is somehow our birthright as if it's 1985...

If the Cyclones are never good like the guy above you said, why wouldn't it be our birthright? Is Iowa SUPPOSED to lose to bad teams?

Iowa was the tougher team for sure. Iowa showed grit and mental toughness coming back from 10 down and 7 down late to win. Was it pretty? No, it rarely is vs ISU, but a win is a win, you build on it, try to correct your mistakes and move on to next week.

Anytime you win at that house of horrors, it can't be all bad. And an 89-yard drive with 3 minutes left, no tiemouts and a young quarterback at the controls - that's guts and composure. It was for sure an ugly game, but we walked out of that hellhole with a win - something that a lot more talented Iowa teams in the past did not do. The defense was, well, horrible. We make every Iowa State quarterback look like Joe Namath. IMO, this chronic lack of a pass rush is totally unacceptable and has become a trademark of Iowa defenses. Safety blitzes, quickly moving 9 men up to the line of scrimmage - anything to put extra pressure on that quarterback.

I'm still pretty sure, that putting lipstick on a pig was what happened after dark last night in Ames.
Clownies are more frugal than that. No way they waste the money or time putting lipstick on. Just get right down to business. Penn St fans might be different, however.

Is this your first Iowa football game?
Iowa won an Orange Bowl after barely escaping UNI with the help of two botched FG attempts.
Iowa had 500 yards of offense with a QB playing his first road game.
Iowa won the game today so I would say that Iowa outplayed, out coached and out toughed ISU.
The betting line opened at -1 for this game so the "experts: saw this game as a toss up. It was. We won. Stop acting like the world is ending.
Sure thing Kirk...nothing wrong at all, nothing to see here.

Perfectly stated

If the Cyclones are never good like the guy above you said, why wouldn't it be our birthright? Is Iowa SUPPOSED to lose to bad teams?
This is why the national sports media rips us so much...yeah we're 2-0 and that's great. But when you realize it took overtime to beat a consistently sub par team to do so, it don't mean that much. The rubber meets the road when we play Penn St. I hope we fix all of the coaching and play calling issues before then.

This is why the national sports media rips us so much...yeah we're 2-0 and that's great. But when you realize it took overtime to beat a consistently sub par team to do so, it don't mean that much. The rubber meets the road when we play Penn St. I hope we fix all of the coaching and play calling issues before then.

We need to play a tougher non-con and stop getting blown out in bowl games.
Hayden saw a Cyclone victory as a birthright, Kirk needs to as well. In fact Iowa needs to have that attitude against every inferior opponent. I don't ever wanna hear, "Well they're a really good FCS team" again!!!

If we're going to play a team that plays us like a top ten team, then let's actually play a top ten team so we can get credit for it. This series with Moo U is effin dumb and just helps keep them relevant. I pray for the Big 12 to dissolve so the clowns can move into a non-power conference where they belong.

If we're going to play a team that plays us like a top ten team, then let's actually play a top ten team so we can get credit for it. This series with Moo U is effin dumb and just helps keep them relevant. I pray for the Big 12 to dissolve so the clowns can move into a non-power conference where they belong.
Close as the series is its time to quit seeing the as lil sis. Could have gone either way. 20 years of being close to even isnt a fluke anymore..

Early season play neutralize depth. Clowns always seem to have a few faster guys which I think is overlooked. Wadley is an abberation for Iowa and w/o his speed Clowns win. Without BF moving away from precision oredictable typical Iowa plays Clowns win.

There in lies the key. Stop playing them early. Stop predictability. It is now a real rivalry.

Close as the series is its time to quit seeing the as lil sis. Could have gone either way. 20 years of being close to even isnt a fluke anymore..

Early season play neutralize depth. Clowns always seem to have a few faster guys which I think is overlooked. Wadley is an abberation for Iowa and w/o his speed Clowns win. Without BF moving away from precision oredictable typical Iowa plays Clowns win.

There in lies the key. Stop playing them early. Stop predictability. It is now a real rivalry.

They likely wouldn't be viewed lil' bro(or sis) quite as much if they would actually win 5-6 games a year, with an occasional 7.

If isu becomes a .500 or better team consistently, it would remedy some of the lose/lose scenario for the Hawks. It also makes it a better OOC prep game.

I don't have the disdain for isu many have, as I live in Omaha and in Nebraska since '94 (F nebby), and I actually pull for them when not playing Iowa. I watch them a fair amount, if they played all there games like they do against Iowa, I believe they would win more in conf.

Latest posts