Lipstick on a pig

OkstHawk

First, no doubt happy with the win today. But, let's not go putting lipstick on the pig folks. The play calling on both sides of the ball, especially the defensive side was downright brutal. Iowa got out played, out coached and out toughed today and that should make all of us sick. I hope this coaching staff can use today's sloppy effort as a learning experience. This team needs to see some real improvement or it's going to be a very long season. Today's game has really highlighted the weakness in the secondary and the offensive line. Time to get to work gentleman.

I don't think the offense did all that bad. We've been whining for some type of passing. Definitely got that and it'll only get better. The defense has a lot of work to do. Lipstick on a pig? Don't really see it. It's you're opinion and you're entitled to that.

"Iowa got out played, out coached and out toughed today"

Three scoring drives of 90+ yards and another of 89 yards... stopping ISU in OT... at a time when you absolutely needed a stop... any you say this??? I have a feeling ISU will make many Big 12 defenses look the same as Iowa's today.

I don't think the offense did all that bad. We've been whining for some type of passing. Definitely got that and it'll only get better. The defense has a lot of work to do. Lipstick on a pig? Don't really see it. It's you're opinion and you're entitled to that.
Well if you think we will beat another team this year besides N Texas and Illinois averaging 9 or 10 yards to go on third down, you're sadly mistaken.

Iowa was the tougher team for sure. Iowa showed grit and mental toughness coming back from 10 down and 7 down late to win. Was it pretty? No, it rarely is vs ISU, but a win is a win, you build on it, try to correct your mistakes and move on to next week.
Josey Jewell says hello...from his back on the Jack Trice 5 yard line. ISU was the tougher team today. They pushed us around and ran us over.

Josey Jewell says hello...from his back on the Jack Trice 5 yard line. ISU was the tougher team today. They pushed us around and ran us over.
I never said the defense showed up today. They need a lot of work but O was pretty decent.

First, no doubt happy with the win today. But, let's not go putting lipstick on the pig folks. The play calling on both sides of the ball, especially the defensive side was downright brutal. Iowa got out played, out coached and out toughed today and that should make all of us sick. I hope this coaching staff can use today's sloppy effort as a learning experience. This team needs to see some real improvement or it's going to be a very long season. Today's game has really highlighted the weakness in the secondary and the offensive line. Time to get to work gentleman.
1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004d37ccf0098303a.jpg

Well if you think we will beat another team this year besides N Texas and Illinois averaging 9 or 10 yards to go on third down, you're sadly mistaken.
Wow! We're not that bad. The Hawks always improve as the season moves forward. It's 2 bad we always play these clowns so early in the season.

ISU wasn't close to tougher. They spread us out they wanted nothing to do with trading punches with us in the trenches.

Good move by them to spread us out and make us play their finesse game. You don't know what toughness is if you think that ISU team is tougher than Iowa.

"Iowa got out played, out coached and out toughed today"

Three scoring drives of 90+ yards and another of 89 yards... stopping ISU in OT... at a time when you absolutely needed a stop... any you say this??? I have a feeling ISU will make many Big 12 defenses look the same as Iowa's today.
Oklahoma is shredding tOSU at the beginning of the 4th. Will be interesting to see how the 'Clones run against the Sooners in early October.

I don't know if it was tougher or intense, but ISU was fist pumping and smacking each other's helmets more than the Hawks. I hate that it is that way every year. Get jacked up guys!

Please share with the forum, the play, down and distance that you objected to. Describe the defense that was presented. And tell us, what play you would have called....and more importantly - why. And try not to take advantage of hindsight.

You people amaze me. This is a potent offensive team. Any win in Ames is fantastic. Step away from the edge...at the end of the year no one will say this one didn't count. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I thought the play calling on the offensive side of the ball was awesome. I do wish we didn't over throw every deep wide open receiver. But they did score 44 points for crimes sake.

Latest posts