Let the nebraska meltdown continue.

Contrary to what they are saying publicly, things are not looking rosy in Nebby's QB pen. Too many starters and only one starting job.

From Martinez's demeanor it doesn't look like he's too happy. Goes from a freshman phenom to sharing time with the new face on the team?

I'm thinking there's going to be a transfer or two.

Contrary to what they are saying publicly, things are not looking rosy in Nebby's QB pen. Too many starters and only one starting job.

From Martinez's demeanor it doesn't look like he's too happy. Goes from a freshman phenom to sharing time with the new face on the team?

I'm thinking there's going to be a transfer or two.

I thought that too. I think it’s time to blow up the Adrian Martinez experiment. He’s unable to throw the ball downfield. Iowa has a good secondary, but not that good.

Last edited:
BA earned his earliest chops coaching Nebraska HS football before moving on to Mason City Iowa.

After leading the Mohawks to a 4A title, Fry gave him his shot. Unfortunately they parted ways less than friendly but BA went on to Bucky greatness after his ND tenure.
The "Hayden and Barry parted ways less than friendly" was somewhat overblown. It got smoothed out before Barry made the lateral move to Notre Dame. Yes Hayden famously yanked Barry's tickets for the annual coaches cruise (where offensive line coach John O'Hara would tragically suffer a mortal heart attack years later) but he would shortly rescind and Barry went and had a great time. As it was it was Lou Holtz who convinced Barry to make the move saying that "you will never become a head coach by staying at Iowa because Bill Brashier will prevent you from becoming a defensive coordinator."

Barry had no real yearning to leave the Nebraska high school coaching scene until several friends presented it as a challenge, saying "you've made a name for yourself in Nebraska, now do the same in Iowa."

He won that title against my alma mater, Dubuque Hempstead, in 1978 when a late two point conversion by Hempstead failed to convert. I knew some players from that Hempstead team. They would come back rhe next year and win a state title. Their coach, Bob Timmerman, was close friends will Paul Chryst's father George, bringing this story full circle.

Ironically,
The "Hayden and Barry parted ways less than friendly" was somewhat overblown. It got smoothed out before Barry made the lateral move to Notre Dame. Yes Hayden famously yanked Barry's tickets for the annual coaches cruise (where offensive line coach John O'Hara would tragically suffer a mortal heart attack years later) but he would shortly rescind and Barry went and had a great time. As it was it was Lou Holtz who convinced Barry to make the move saying that "you will never become a head coach by staying at Iowa because Bill Brashier will prevent you from becoming a defensive coordinator."

Barry had no real yearning to leave the Nebraska high school coaching scene until several friends presented it as a challenge, saying "you've made a name for yourself in Nebraska, now do the same in Iowa."

He won that title against my alma mater, Dubuque Hempstead, in 1978 when a late two point conversion by Hempstead failed to convert. I knew some players from that Hempstead team. They would come back rhe next year and win a state title. Their coach, Bob Timmerman, was close friends will Paul Chryst's father George, bringing this story full circle.
Ironically, BA's best Mason City lineman, Scott Rairdon went to Neb (as did Roger Craig) as Neb was the established program and Iowa was still lost in the wilderness.

Iowa exacted some revenge in 1981 however.

I agree, but you’d b

I thought that too. I think it’s time to blow up the Adrian Martinez experiment. He’s unable to throw the ball downfield. Iowa has a good secondary, but not that good.

I agree. He wasn't throwing and when he did it wasn't effective. His whole attitude seems off. We'll see. Wouldn't want to bet big money that he's a still Cornhusker in January.

Thanks

Thanks for info.Barry one of All- Time Coach/Ad's? What a Program.Want to Beat them "a sweep;BB,FB" asap please

Say whatever negative you want about Brian (admittedly some of it deserved) but not a chance he publicly says negative things about his players. The ferentz playbook doesn’t involve blaming everyone else for problems.

Oliver Martin disagrees

I said when they hired Frost he would fail. His style of ball will not work in the B1G.

Yep. RichRod proved it. If you try some finesse offense in the B1G, you might have some success and get to 7-1 or 8-0 after you devour your cupcakes and if you land a soft schedule (like Minnesota did this year), but when push comes to shove you ain't gonna regularly beat Michigan, PSU, Iowa or Wisconsin in November games if you don't have a good defense and a good o-line. And that's not even including OSU because I don't think anyone in the conference can consistently beat them.

No Brian got mad and threw Oliver under the bus. I was responding to the Brian doesn't do that.

Odd you can't read. How old are you?

I dont recall that. When did that happen? When Brian threw OM under the bus? That's why I said it seems odd.

I'm 43. Not sure why the saltiness. Simply dont recall BF publicly throwing players under the bus like Frost has gone on a number if occasions.

A little testy this morning gold?

I dont recall that. When did that happen? When Brian threw OM under the bus? That's why I said it seems odd.

I'm 43. Not sure why the saltiness. Simply dont recall BF publicly throwing players under the bus like Frost has gone on a number if occasions.

A little testy this morning gold?

No not testy. The words odd used by you isn't complimentary.

Yes he did say some things and later apologized. Maybe his wife chewed him out he basically said Martin wasn't good enough but did it with an edge, likely not meaning to diss Martin but to dig at those questioning his decision.

No he isn't like Frost but his dad maybe his filter. But it was throwing Martin under the bus.

No not testy. The words odd used by you isn't complimentary.

Yes he did say some things and later apologized. Maybe his wife chewed him out he basically said Martin wasn't good enough but did it with an edge, likely not meaning to diss Martin but to dig at those questioning his decision.

No he isn't like Frost but his dad maybe his filter. But it was throwing Martin under the bus.

His dad is unquestionably his filter. And it's one reason why I'm not at all on board with Brian as HC. I'm not sold on him as OC just yet as well.

What he said regarding OM is nowhere near what frosty has been spouting. That's why I mentioned odd.

His dad is unquestionably his filter. And it's one reason why I'm not at all on board with Brian as HC. I'm not sold on him as OC just yet as well.

What he said regarding OM is nowhere near what frosty has been spouting. That's why I mentioned odd.

It plainly wasn't nice

Latest posts