Let the nebraska meltdown continue.

Nebraska doesn't have nearly the experience or talent that Iowa does.
Experience no, but talent they do, according to recruiting rankings. They've recruited the best in the West the entire time they have been in the conference. Average ranking usually in the 20's....way better than Iowa. So the Nebby fan false narrative of needing better talent is going to be hard for them to do. Their problem is a culture problem, vetting problem, and development problem.

And to me they have a QB controversy now. Martinez has something going on in his head.

Yeah I think they are ruining that poor kid.

Will Nebraska qualify for a bowl game next year. Where do you see 6 wins in next year's schedule:

Purdue (tossup)
Central Michigan (Win, but tough team)
SD State (Win?)
Cincinnati (up and coming team; currently ranked)
@Northwestern (Loss)
ILL (Win, maybe)
@rutgers (Win)
@Ohio State (Loss)
Penn St (Loss)
@iowa (probably loss)
@Wisconsin (Loss)
Minnesota (probably loss)

That is a really tough schedule, particularly the last 5 games. I think seven wins would be a spectacular season for them.

Iowa's schedule next year also is pretty brutal, by the way.

I think they can get 6, maybe 7.(7 is stretching it) If they do or not is a different story. There isn't much room for mistakes. They absolutely have to get 2 out of 3 non cons and beat Purdue. (Between Purdue and the non cons, they need 3 wins.) Then I agree Northwestern will beat them. Should be able to beat Rutgers. Minnesota loses a lot and I think they have a shot there, but they could be awfully banged up by then also.. Illinois?? That's hard to say.
If I was cornered, I would have to say they make a bowl. That is going to help. But I would also not bet they can win said bowl.
They really need to focus on making a bowl and hope they get a crappy one that they can win. In 21 they get MSU, OSU and Michigan with Oklahoma in non cons. They don't make and win a bowl next year, they may as well write off 2021 as well.
Frost is figuring out really fast that it's extremely tough to win in this conference.
Nebraska fans are figuring out really fast that it isn't that anyone in this conference is content winning 7, 8 or 9 wins, it's that winning more than that is tough. Even OSU can't afford to be a little off or like we proved, we will smoke your ass.
This is big boy football.

Last edited:
^ That would be devastating for them, so hopefully that's how it will go. I want to see their recruiting start to really go downhill.
Steve Alford, who had talked a big game for two years, crashed and burned in season three. They were ranked preseason top 12-15 by most experts and had recruiting and transfer momentum building.

We fell to the NIT, were bounced rather meekly in round 1 by LSU, and Alford never got the momentum back. Pierre Pierce happened, Ferentz got it going, Alford complained that the athletic department treated the basketball program like second class, and we quickly slid into dull lifeless mediocrity. Some say we still haven't completely recovered, and sure enough we lose top flight in state recruits who grew up practically in our back yard, lending at least some creedance to that argument.

I think they can get 6, maybe 7.(7 is stretching it) If they do or not is a different story. There isn't much room for mistakes. They absolutely have to get 2 out of 3 non cons and beat Purdue. (Between Purdue and the non cons, they need 3 wins.) Then I agree Northwestern will beat them. Should be able to beat Rutgers. Minnesota loses a lot and I think they have a shot there, but they could be awfully banged up by then also.. Illinois?? That's hard to say.
If I was cornered, I would have to say they make a bowl. That is going to help. But I would also not bet they can win said bowl.
They really need to focus on making a bowl and hope they get a crappy one that they can win. In 21 they get MSU, OSU and Michigan with Oklahoma in non cons. They don't make and win a bowl next year, they may as well write off 2021 as well.
Frost is figuring out really fast that it's extremely tough to win in this conference.
Nebraska fans are figuring out really fast that it isn't that anyone in this conference is content winning 7, 8 or 9 wins, it's that winning more than that is tough. Even OSU can't afford to be a little off or like we proved, we will smoke your ass.

I think you really nail it here. Nebraska for 30 years was playing 11 game schedules with 8 or 9 guaranteed wins in the ridiculously soft Big 8. They could rest up, avoid injury, and get ready for Oklahoma. Their fans got spoiled and expected 9 or 10 wins every year like clockwork.

The Big 10 is a different animal. Even the lower tier teams beat the living crap out of your team. Lots of injuries. Plus, lots of bad weather. 8 win seasons are very good; 9 or 10 is outstanding. It is a tough conference. Plus, they aren't playing the steroid game any more and can no longer bully other teams like they did in the old days.

I think Nebraska can probably qualify for bowl games, but the days of national championships are over.

I think you really nail it here. Nebraska for 30 years was playing 11 game schedules with 8 or 9 guaranteed wins in the ridiculously soft Big 8. They could rest up, avoid injury, and get ready for Oklahoma. Their fans got spoiled and expected 9 or 10 wins every year like clockwork.

The Big 10 is a different animal. Even the lower tier teams beat the living crap out of your team. Lots of injuries. Plus, lots of bad weather. 8 win seasons are very good; 9 or 10 is outstanding. It is a tough conference. Plus, they aren't playing the steroid game any more and can no longer bully other teams like they did in the old days.

I think Nebraska can probably qualify for bowl games, but the days of national championships are over.

Well I don't think anyone can argue that Wisconsin has had the most success in the west. In conference they went.
7-2
5-4
9-0
7-2
6-2
I am not going to look but I would bet Michigan and PSU have similar results.
As does Iowa.
The only team to consistently lose just one or lose none at all is OSU. Nebraska is never going to have that kind of winning % in the b10.
But you can't tell them that.

Experience no, but talent they do, according to recruiting rankings. They've recruited the best in the West the entire time they have been in the conference. Average ranking usually in the 20's....way better than Iowa. So the Nebby fan false narrative of needing better talent is going to be hard for them to do. Their problem is a culture problem, vetting problem, and development problem.

They play soft, especially in the interior. Not tough.

I've learned from watching college football over the years that it DOES NOT take much to derail a team for various reasons. College football is funny that way. Sometimes it can be the most obscure shit that for some reason derail a team, for a game or sometimes for seasons. It's weird. Quite fragile.

I've learned from watching college football over the years that it DOES NOT take much to derail a team for various reasons. College football is funny that way. Sometimes it can be the most obscure shit that for some reason derail a team, for a game or sometimes for seasons. It's weird. Quite fragile.

Yup.
I think 6-3 is pretty good. (5-4 is tough to swallow regardless of the schedule) 7-2 is upper level play. 8-1 and you are pretty much elite. 9-0 is almost luck. You just about have to have every bounce go your way.
I mean look even Alabama has a loss or so a year. So 9-0 in conference is an extremely good team that probably got at least a couple lucky bounces.

2020 Nebraska’s last 5 weeks

@ Ohio St.
Penn St.
@ Iowa
@ Wisconsin
Minnesota

tricky non-cons against Cincinnati and South Dakota St.

I doubt they are bowling next year too.
Poor bastards will have another 4-5 win season next year. You will hear the "we never should have left the Big 12" moans and groans after that stretch. Their D line is going to be really porous next year.

Poor bastards will have another 4-5 win season next year. You will hear the "we never should have left the Big 12" moans and groans after that stretch. Their D line is going to be really porous next year.

They have a lot of people thinking they are a 4 win team in 2020 on their board. Of course they have loons that think they are going to be a top 25 defense next year.

How many did they put in the NFL last year? Last 5 years? The majority of the recruits walking in the door won't make an impact for 2 to 3 years. If they make an impact at all.

Frost has been recruiting for 2 years, he followed a dumpster fire of a coaching hire before him. I'm sure those recruit rankings will give Husker fans a lot of solace in the off season.

I agree that Iowa's talent and experience are better, but we were playing a desperate team on their home field playing for a bowl trip. And then the referees were suspect, to say the least. I thought Iowa played well under those circumstances. It would have been a one or two touchdown victory without the dropped passes and weird officiating.

I agree Nebraska was desperate. And they were on their home field. And the ref's were biased. But Iowa didn't execute very well in the second half. The defense played solid. Iowa's offense gave them a TD. with a bad pass. Once again Nate threw some bad passes to open receivers.

If they were on a neutral field, with fair ref's Iowa wouldn't have any trouble with them. Nebraska has a decent offense but Iowa's defense handled them. Iowa's offense faced an average defense. They did fine in the first half. But they missed opportunities. In the second half they did very little until that last drive. And it wasn't from a lack of effort. Iowa's players fought hard on every down. They just weren't getting it done.

How many did they put in the NFL last year? Last 5 years? The majority of the recruits walking in the door won't make an impact for 2 to 3 years. If they make an impact at all.

Frost has been recruiting for 2 years, he followed a dumpster fire of a coaching hire before him. I'm sure those recruit rankings will give Husker fans a lot of solace in the off season.
Like I said, they have a development and culture problem, and too many coaching transitions. The raw talent is there. They have quite a few who would have been great players under better coaching, say at a place like Iowa. Nebby fan thinks they aren't getting high enough rated classes, I say it is a false narrative. Nebby fans think they can get top 10-15 rated classes. I think they are crazy, as usual.

Last edited:
Will Nebraska qualify for a bowl game next year. Where do you see 6 wins in next year's schedule:

Purdue (tossup)
Central Michigan (Win, but tough team)
SD State (Win?)
Cincinnati (up and coming team; currently ranked)
@Northwestern (Loss)
ILL (Win, maybe)
@rutgers (Win)
@Ohio State (Loss)
Penn St (Loss)
@iowa (probably loss)
@Wisconsin (Loss)
Minnesota (probably loss)

That is a really tough schedule, particularly the last 5 games. I think seven wins would be a spectacular season for them.

Iowa's schedule next year also is pretty brutal, by the way.

I can only see 5-6 wins for them....best case with that schedule.

I thought that too. I think it’s time to blow up the Adrian Martinez experiment. He’s unable to throw the ball downfield. Iowa has a good secondary, but not that good.
I was at the game . The entire stadium wanted Mcaffery in . Everytime Martinez took the field the crowd screamed Luke!!!!!. I was screaming keep him in !!! Martinez is horrible . Thank God they listened to me lol