Let the nebraska meltdown continue.

71y3mI40lML._AC_SY879_.jpg

Debby's bowl this year.

Like I said, they have a development and culture problem, and too many coaching transitions. The raw talent is there. They have quite a few who would have been great players under better coaching, say at a place like Iowa. Nebby fan thinks they aren't getting high enough rated classes, I say it is a false narrative. Nebby fans think they can get top 10-15 rated classes. I think they are crazy, as usual.

My initial comments were about what they are today. Not what they want to be. At this point they aren't where Iowa is. If Frost is good enough and lasts long enough he may get them there. But it will take someone a few years to get a program going.

Nebby has a big name, far bigger than they deserve. I have always hated that they would be ranked when they were sitting in the B12 North not playing anybody of consequence. But they have a big name an some kids will buy into that. The idea that they are in the league with Ohio State, Michigan or even Wisconsin is a pipe dream for them. They are going to have trouble with Iowa, Minnesota before they can even take on Wisconsin. And as for their aspirations of going to Indy. As the mobsters say; Foget about it.

My initial comments were about what they are today. Not what they want to be. At this point they aren't where Iowa is. If Frost is good enough and lasts long enough he may get them there. But it will take someone a few years to get a program going.

Nebby has a big name, far bigger than they deserve. I have always hated that they would be ranked when they were sitting in the B12 North not playing anybody of consequence. But they have a big name an some kids will buy into that. The idea that they are in the league with Ohio State, Michigan or even Wisconsin is a pipe dream for them. They are going to have trouble with Iowa, Minnesota before they can even take on Wisconsin. And as for their aspirations of going to Indy. As the mobsters say; Foget about it.
Exactly.
What is going to happen is the same thing that the East has. There will be 3 teams that are playing consistently better in their division. Now if Nebraska or Minnesota can ride up to being that 3rd one, well we will find out over the next couple years. If Iowa and Wisconsin want to fight it out for the number one spot. That's fine.
But I don't like the mentality that having PSU, OSU and Michigan as cross overs is how we decide if we have a hard schedule or not.
That will not stand.
Until the west starts putting a beating on the east, we and our competition are not good enough.

Funny? If I Post That. Board thinks I Have FOUND Free Beer Tomorrow huh? Anyway OM should be Punt Returner. We are deep at WR's. Happy Hour on WestCoast 10minutes and Counting.Too Bad Petetion allowed. But next year Deep also.Still start at returning Punts.HH minus 7 minutes.Great.Win Hawk Players..
AboVe!! For to the Very.Wehn partke other ForThen to the after,,no??>? See of how too get HawkTough!!very Hawk Thuff!! Part relieve.Good is when! good is wehn.for hawks if the.Severe taken for.After The when Iowa!,!! Iowa, No?! Very..)!

Like I said, they have a development and culture problem, and too many coaching transitions. The raw talent is there. They have quite a few who would have been great players under better coaching, say at a place like Iowa. Nebby fan thinks they aren't getting high enough rated classes, I say it is a false narrative. Nebby fans think they can get top 10-15 rated classes. I think they are crazy, as usual.

I think you nailed it here. Steve Sipple, one of their top beat writers, wrote a column on this topic....basically he said that Nebraska fans need to stop the hype about their recruiting every year. He opined that recruiting isn't the real problem; it is everything else. He is correct.

AboVe!! For to the Very.Wehn partke other ForThen to the after,,no??>? See of how too get HawkTough!!very Hawk Thuff!! Part relieve.Good is when! good is wehn.for hawks if the.Severe taken for.After The when Iowa!,!! Iowa, No?! Very..)!
Couldn't agree more.

Yeah, but Wisconsin will join that list soon. Those bastards can't let us have anything to ourselves.

Ok, you now have one example in Kirk's 20 year tenure.

Frost does it on a weekly basis.

Big difference.
There's also a huge qualitative difference.

Criticizing your team for getting complacent after reading their press clippings is perfectly acceptable coach-speak.

Singling out individuals for being responsible for a loss due to lack of talent and/or ability is quite another.

Latest posts