Let the nebraska meltdown continue.

Say whatever negative you want about Brian (admittedly some of it deserved) but not a chance he publicly says negative things about his players. The ferentz playbook doesn’t involve blaming everyone else for problems.

most people’s playbook doesn’t involve something like that. It’s simply doing the right thing.

Frost believes his own bullshit. He sees himself as this nebby legendary qb, forgets about the fact he had an all world oline, rb, and defense. He was an above avg qb who was a great athlete on a great team. Check out the oline/dline he had, 2 first rounders and a 2-3 rounder all came back for a senior year. Many of those dudes had significant NFL careers, almost all of them were studs.

As a coach, he had an elite heisman qb in Marriotta with stud athletes... in a very avg conference. At UCF, another great qb and athletes against teams they simply outscored...little defense played.

Nebby will win more games in the future, but not as many as they think. His offense will keep his qbs hurt and you cant just recruit oline and dline, those have to be developed.

Scholly limits, title 16, no longer playing in the little 8, and the rise of surrounding programs, and nationwide access.... sorry nebs....your ceiling is much lower now...

Frost believes his own bullshit. He sees himself as this nebby legendary qb, forgets about the fact he had an all world oline, rb, and defense. He was an above avg qb who was a great athlete on a great team. Check out the oline/dline he had, 2 first rounders and a 2-3 rounder all came back for a senior year. Many of those dudes had significant NFL careers, almost all of them were studs.

As a coach, he had an elite heisman qb in Marriotta with stud athletes... in a very avg conference. At UCF, another great qb and athletes against teams they simply outscored...little defense played.

Nebby will win more games in the future, but not as many as they think. His offense will keep his qbs hurt and you cant just recruit oline and dline, those have to be developed.

Scholly limits, title 16, no longer playing in the little 8, and the rise of surrounding programs, and nationwide access.... sorry nebs....your ceiling is much lower now...

absolutely, frost dramatically miscalculated how his offense would play against defense first big ten teams like Iowa and Wisconsin. Playing big ten teams isn’t the same as playing Houston, Memphis and USF in the AAC.

I believe that when they fired Bo Pelini that they wanted to hire Frost. But he wasn't ready. I imagine that Mr. Davis maintained that SF wasn't ready yet...so they hired that last coach for a few years to let Scott get ready for this opportunity. He still needed a year or two more at UCF...but the fans were restless.

And you were still wrong. As someone else pointed out, BF is "passionate" and he can certainly get "heated". But he never throws others under the bus, and he is who he is. He took advantage of his situation, certainly, but comparing him to Scott Frost is ludicrous.
Again, I specifically quoted three attributes....in over his head, needs to mature into the job and was given his position because of his name. All very true and all similar to Frost.

I believe that when they fired Bo Pelini that they wanted to hire Frost. But he wasn't ready. I imagine that Mr. Davis maintained that SF wasn't ready yet...so they hired that last coach for a few years to let Scott get ready for this opportunity. He still needed a year or two more at UCF...but the fans were restless.
He needed several years building a program up by himself, which is what he's expected to do @ UNL. This is his on the job training.

Mccaffery went there because he was promised he would play qb. Everyone else wanted him as wr. Frosty put all cards on shimmy man Martinez. He's gonna have a Lot if pressure to play McCaffrey, especially if "heisman hopeful " looks anything like he did this year.

I'm really hoping they stumble early next year. Again.

Be interesting to see if Frost tries to conduct secret December "workouts" again.

You know when Nebraska f'ed up. Back in about 1999 when Osborne stepped down and they could have hired an alumnus named Barry Alvarez. He probably would have kept that program close to the level they were accustomed to. And he would probably be sitting in their AD chair today.

He would have been interested. He has said so.

Maybe in tandem Wisconsin's football program would have ended falling on mediocre times. And maybe we would be the recruiting benefactors of the talent in that state, like we were in the Hayden Heyday eighties.

I said when they hired Frost he would fail. His style of ball will not work in the B1G. Secondly he is too stubborn to change style of play or assistants. Remember this is the Nebraska HS stud who spurned Osborne and went to Stanford, and hid in the closet while Lawrence Phillips beat his girlfriend. Arrogant arsehole...just like his dad.
1185527401.jpg.0.jpg

His mom is even worse.

Last edited:
Martinez could be something we haven’t seen since 2002, and he looks like he’s pretty much over playing for Frost. I doubt he leaves, but it would be awesome for them to reach out to him.
I would rather have Robinson if we have to choose. Martinez has thrown almost as many interceptions as touchdowns. Lots of fumbles too. Kirk would never take him. And I think Ed's kid is all in on the red koolaid.

Be interesting to see if Frost tries to conduct secret December "workouts" again.

You know when Nebraska f'ed up. Back in about 1999 when Osborne stepped down and they could have hired an alumnus named Barry Alvarez. He probably would have kept that program close to the level they were accustomed to. And he would probably be sitting in their AD chair today.

He would have been interested. He has said so.

Maybe in tandem Wisconsin's football program would have ended falling on mediocre times. And maybe we would be the recruiting benefactors of the talent in that state, like we were in the Hayden Heyday eighties.
BA earned his earliest chops coaching Nebraska HS football before moving on to Mason City Iowa.

After leading the Mohawks to a 4A title, Fry gave him his shot. Unfortunately they parted ways less than friendly but BA went on to Bucky greatness after his ND tenure.