lebron is the greatest athlete ever

Wilt Chamberlain, the greatest NBA player in history. He led the league in points, rebounds and assists, just not all in the same year. His 100 points in a game and 55 rebounds in a game(against Bill Russell and the Boston Celtics) will NEVER be broken.

Save for the pole vault he would have broken the world record in the decathalon. He was a champion high jumper in college and ran well in the 400 and 800. In addition, he would have owned the weight events.

All this without steroids, HGH, Creatine and whatever else is the flavor of the day in this era.

Wilt Chamberlain - Track and Field at the University of Kansas (KU) In Addition to Basketball

I think its laughable all these yahoos that think lebron couldn't run 400 meters. he plays the three people, he runs 48 mind per night. this isn't some big slow plodding guy.

Lebron is top five of all time without a doubt to date.

Don't forget Bo Jackson who proved he could compete and excel at both THE professional levels of football and baseball.

Jackie Robinson broke the color line and played MLB but also excelled in football, basketball and track in college and named All American more than once in more than one sport. Many observers of his play claimed he would have excelled in professional football and basketball.

Jim Thorpe is still proclaimed as the best athlete of the 20th century. He won multlple gold medals in the Olympics, was the premeier football player of his time and a great baseball player to boot.

Deion Sanders, Michael Jordon, Wilt and a couple of others come to mind.

And within another decade or so we will have this discussion again

Wilt Chamberlain, the greatest NBA player in history. He led the league in points, rebounds and assists, just not all in the same year. His 100 points in a game and 55 rebounds in a game(against Bill Russell and the Boston Celtics) will NEVER be broken.

Save for the pole vault he would have broken the world record in the decathalon. He was a champion high jumper in college and ran well in the 400 and 800. In addition, he would have owned the weight events.

All this without steroids, HGH, Creatine and whatever else is the flavor of the day in this era.

Wilt Chamberlain - Track and Field at the University of Kansas (KU) In Addition to Basketball

One of these things does not belong

Just to clarify.. I missed Jim Brown, Jesse Owens, and one or more of the Olympic Decatholon Gold winners who are so hard so easy to forget.

I think its laughable all these yahoos that think lebron couldn't run 400 meters. he plays the three people, he runs 48 mind per night. this isn't some big slow plodding guy.

I don't think you understand as much as you think about this topic, but here goes:

No one is saying LeBron isn't a great athlete. There's a difference between running 48 min per night, stop and go, and running a sub 50 second 400m dash.

Running a 5 min mile is no easy feat. Can anyone here do it, let alone a guy weighing 250+? I'd love to see that.

He's a great, great athlete in a power, stop and go sport. He's in great shape for his sport, and he's a freak. However, how could you ever know that the guy has the sprint to even compete at the D1 level in college for 400m? You don't. Have you seen guys running under 50 seconds in the 400?

And...the 400m is where he's likely be the most competitive. He wouldn't last 10 minutes in an elite endurance sport (unless he spent 5 years working on it...maybe?).

06-22-2012 07:34 AMBlackandGold81
From people that I have just seen, I would put Bo Jackson over Lebron.
(This)

dude I roomed with track athletes at college they might be able to run or might be fast but they are some of the most unathletoc goobers earth on the planet when it came to playing softball or basketball.

Cuz...you didn't room with Usain Bolt....

Thanks for this...I had forgotten. As a general rule people truly lack perspective in this new age. Coupled with being heinously impetuous.

Get back to me when Lebron successfully completes a drop kick in the League.

6190096w

He `s someone who has to earn it and hard also:eek:
Nobody was harder than The Big Dipper, Atomic and don't forget this little accomplishment that will never be duplicated......

wilt_chamberlain_100points.jpg

Wilt scores 100 points in an NBA game.....

Of course he was from Phildelphia and played for the Philadelphia Warriors winning an NBA championship with the Warriors and again with the LA Lakers.....

His scoring 20,000 women is a feat that will never be duplicated, making him the greatest athletic ever.....

:D

Last edited:
LeBron is perhaps the best player in the NBA right now, there are those who like Rose and Druant, but one gauge is how many NBA Championships one helps to win. In my opinion, Jordan was the best NBA player ever, closely followed by Magic and Bird.....

:)

Last edited:
I don't think you understand as much as you think about this topic, but here goes:

No one is saying LeBron isn't a great athlete. There's a difference between running 48 min per night, stop and go, and running a sub 50 second 400m dash.

Running a 5 min mile is no easy feat. Can anyone here do it, let alone a guy weighing 250+? I'd love to see that.

He's a great, great athlete in a power, stop and go sport. He's in great shape for his sport, and he's a freak. However, how could you ever know that the guy has the sprint to even compete at the D1 level in college for 400m? You don't. Have you seen guys running under 50 seconds in the 400?

And...the 400m is where he's likely be the most competitive. He wouldn't last 10 minutes in an elite endurance sport (unless he spent 5 years working on it...maybe?).

Your whole post is about running fast, that's awesome if someone is chasing you, but doesn't make you the best all around athlete. There are people who can run fast who aren't successful at any other athletic endeavor.

100, sub 11.
400, sub 55.
pole vault 16 feet on wang.
long jump 25 feet.
high jump, over john lucas.
shot put, 50 feet.
discus, 175 feet.
javelin, over them mountains
hurdles, runs right through them
1500, five min

Some of the Lebron haters on this thread are really kidding themselves.

Wilt? Guy was an all-time great. But the league was way different back in his day, he didn't exactly dominate at his position for most of his career (Bill Russell), the NBA wasn't a major sport yet, and getting laid is not an athletic competition.

Bo Jackson? Deion? 2 sport athletes are in the past and aren't coming back ever because of the incredible focus it takes to dominate in 1 sport. Only Deion is in the hall of fame of a sport professionally, in football only. Lebron already has a case at being one of the top 10 in his sport.

And finally, the decathlon. Lebron couldn't compete in the games for a medal tomorrow. Is anyone outside the sport capable of that? Probably not. Give Lebron a year to get his body right, I bet you he would at least medal.

100, sub 11.
400, sub 55.
pole vault 16 feet on wang.
long jump 25 feet.
high jump, over john lucas.
shot put, 50 feet.
discus, 175 feet.
javelin, over them mountains
hurdles, runs right through them
1500, five min

That's weird. I didn't know my numbers were posted online. Where you find that?

Latest posts