lebron is the greatest athlete ever

kemp was longer than lebron, I don't know he had a better verticle, I don't think he was faster either. regardless he doesn't even belong in the conversation. almost all unbalanced players are elite athletes but lebron is in a league of his own. he does things a man of his size has never done. he throws one handed baseball passes 90 feet on a dime for a dunk. he jumps over people, literally, and throws down an oop. he defends the strongest player on the other team. he defends the fastest player on the other team. he outmuscles the strongest defenders on the block, and runs around the fastest defender.

his combination of size, speed, agility, strength, quickness, and strength has never been seen before. if you don't realize he is a transcendent athlete than there is something wrong with you.

No duff, he is NOT a transcendent athlete, that was Magic and Larry, then Michael….and Scottie Pippen did all of the above you just referenced. And finally Duff, there isn’t anything wrong with anyone who doesn’t agree with your hyperbole. There are literally millions of people who WILL NOT agree with you that Lebron is the greatest athlete of all time and your inability to see that there are other worthy candidates may indeed mean there is something wrong with you….

While researching this, I did find a list on “bleacher report†(u know that great bastion of intellect) that has Lebron #1 on the NBA list and then it all came together for me. I’m done…if I found out someone on bleacher report agreed with me I’d change my vote…for the record they had Magic Johnson #2…….moving on……

Ps……if Kemp is faster and can jump higher but isn’t even close then I’d say we are dealing with a tick of irrationality. Kemp is widely considered by smart people to be one of the very best athletes to ever play “basketballâ€â€¦we haven’t even attacked Dr. J, Dominique, Vince Carter, etc….your all wet and attacking an arguement that can’t be proved and therefore won and your are acting like you are an authority and the last word on the matter…..to which I say ppffffttttttt……

Once again...pot meet kettle.

:D
Once again...pot meet kettle.

Show me in this thread, friend...oh and by the by what color is your skillet again.......lol.

ps...you are the same guy who told me you can't remember what some poster says because meaningless conversations on a message board don’t mean that much to you……hmmmmm, I’d guess that isn’t true. They obviously mean enuff that this is about the 3rd, maybe 4th time you’ve said this to me…….So I guess you lied to me….?!?!?!Below is what you said by the way……:D

"""""""""""""No clue dude. Conversations on an anonymous message board don't mean that much to me."""""""""""""

Ill link it if you like......:cool:...isn't this fun...;)

kemp was longer than lebron, I don't know he had a better verticle, I don't think he was faster either. regardless he doesn't even belong in the conversation. almost all unbalanced players are elite athletes but lebron is in a league of his own. he does things a man of his size has never done. he throws one handed baseball passes 90 feet on a dime for a dunk. he jumps over people, literally, and throws down an oop. he defends the strongest player on the other team. he defends the fastest player on the other team. he outmuscles the strongest defenders on the block, and runs around the fastest defender. his combination of size, speed, agility, strength, quickness, and strength has never been seen before. if you don't realize he is a transcendent athlete than there is something wrong with you.
No duff, he is NOT a transcendent athlete, that was Magic and Larry, then Michael�.and Scottie Pippen did all of the above you just referenced. And finally Duff, there isn�t anything wrong with anyone who doesn�t agree with your hyperbole. There are literally millions of people who WILL NOT agree with you that Lebron is the greatest athlete of all time and your inability to see that there are other worthy candidates may indeed mean there is something wrong with you�.

I have no problem admitting there are other people in the conversation. There are a lot of worthy people.

Shawn Kemp, Magic Johnson, Scottie Pippen, aren't even on the standby list.

No duff, he is NOT a transcendent athlete, that was Magic and Larry, then Michael….and Scottie Pippen did all of the above you just referenced. And finally Duff, there isn’t anything wrong with anyone who doesn’t agree with your hyperbole. There are literally millions of people who WILL NOT agree with you that Lebron is the greatest athlete of all time and your inability to see that there are other worthy candidates may indeed mean there is something wrong with you….

Anyone who thinks Larry and Magic were better athletes than LeBron should probably sit this conversation out because they have no idea what they are talking about.

Anyone who thinks Larry and Magic were better athletes than LeBron should probably sit this conversation out because they have no idea what they are talking about.

I think you missed me here friend.....Magic and Larry were transcendent athletes in their sport, meaning they changed the way it got played....they were the first 6-9 guys who could play every spot and pass, shoot, rebound…we trackin’….

As far as Magic goes…on bleacher report, a list that Duff may or may not have seen before he started this silliness lists Magic number 2 and Lebron #1……silly eh?!?!?!?

Last edited:
tony gonzalez wins cause he played basketball in college (lebron didnt) and plays football in the nfl...se i can make pointless arguements to.

lebron is a basketball player if he was so good at football he could try out. he aint going to do that because he isnt dumb enough to think that he can just step on a football field and dominate. maybe if that was his choice instead of basketball to be great at then we wouldnt know how good of a basketball player he is. deion did it, bo did it, jim brown did it, thorpe did it, and few others. lebron did not play multiple sports professionally so you cant say he could...would of, could of, should of....didnt!

Jesus Christ, Xavier McDaniel? LOL.

Not really sure why JC has anything to do with this....and Xavier was what is commonly referred to as a straw man I believe…..and finally when things weren’t moving well, that’s where you went….:D

I've never been to bleecher report. Larry and Magic were trancedent bball players, they can't hold a candle to lebron in terms of raw athleticism. Xavier ******* Mcdaniel..... holy **** man.

tony gonzalez wins cause he played basketball in college (lebron didnt) and plays football in the nfl...se i can make pointless arguements to.

lebron is a basketball player if he was so good at football he could try out. he aint going to do that because he isnt dumb enough to think that he can just step on a football field and dominate. maybe if that was his choice instead of basketball to be great at then we wouldnt know how good of a basketball player he is. deion did it, bo did it, jim brown did it, thorpe did it, and few others. lebron did not play multiple sports professionally so you cant say he could...would of, could of, should of....didnt!

Apparently Duff thinks you can....he also says Scottie Pippen (who Im not necessarily a big fan of) doesn't belong on the list...I can find you multiple lists that he is on, though.

Not really sure why JC has anything to do with this....and Xavier was what is commonly referred to as a straw man I believe…..and finally when things weren’t moving well, that’s where you went….:D

It takes a tremendous amount of athleticism to walk on water.

things are moving just fine. I didn't introduce the x man into the conversation you did. Xavier and pippen were run of the mill nba. athletes. pip was hell of a basketball player.

I'm not really trolling. A strong case can be made for lebron being the best athlete ever. I don't think he could compete with the best milers, no one does, but I'm sure a five kin mile wouldn't totally embarrass himself in a wc decathaon. Obviously lebron would struggle in technique events like pole vault and discuss, but in events that rely on athleticism only, like the 100 and the long jump, he'll even the high jump, he'd accord himself well commingle in off the street.

I also laugh at the thought football is too tough for him. You people clearly don't realize how physical the nba is. Don't equate hitching about a call to softness. They are two different things. Ray Lewis would break him? Really? Lebron outweighs him by twenty pounds. I think he'd hold up fine in the NFL. I think if he concentrated on it like hes done the NBA he'd dominate. I don't think all NBA players would play in the NFL, but hes one.

Lastly people aren't amazed by lebron because they have no sense of history or what came before him. People are amazed at lebron because hes truly remarkable. There has never been an athlete that has possess his size, speed, and strength. Wilt was great but he couldn't play PG, lebron can. Jim Brown was great, but he was half a foot shorter and weighed 30 pounds less than lebron.

LeBron can't run a 5 minute mile. Wonder if he could even do a 6 min mile, honestly.

He's enormous. Has anyone ever seen him run the mile, fast? No.

:D

Show me in this thread, friend...

your all wet and attacking an arguement that can’t be proved and therefore won and your are acting like you are an authority and the last word on the matter

I doubt that….what I am is one of the few aware enuff to remember Kemp and all the fanfare about him being one of the best athletes ever. I also remember an announcer and then ultimately my friends talking about him and Clyde Drexler and Scottie Pippen and Michael Jordan being a great 4X400 meter relay team with practice. None of us were silly enuff to think any of them could run at the elite level for 100 or 200 and I assure you (though again we can’t prove it) all 4 could run base line to baseline faster than Lebron. They could all float in the air longer than Lebron and if memory serves Kemp was also very strong….

There ya go.

i want to know what sports other than basketball lebron would be a star in. duff let us know and then we can better refute your claims. and when i say star i am talkning elite winner in that sport.

I will admit this….the cool thing about threads like this is….people start really thinking and web searching and you find out about some cool stuff you forgot or never even knew…

For example Tony Mandarich had ridiculous numbers coming out of college……he was 6-6, 330 and ran a 4.65 forty and benched 225-39 times. He also broad jumped 10ft and had a 30” vertical at 330...that’s insane. Keeping in mind of course he was a product of roids…

Then there is this Brain Clay, American Decathlete who I’d never even been aware of and I love the Olympics…apparently his SPARQ rating was 130.4, the highest ever recorded and for comparison, Reggie Bush scored a 93.38. He has a vertical 43.5 and is one of the highest no step verticals in NBA/NFL combine history. He did the SPARQ for all sports and scored higher than every NBA bballer including Lebron. And he ran 30 yards (home to first) faster than Jacoby Ellsbury (another cat I never knew of) who is one of the fastest ever I guess.

Herschel Walker who ran a 10.22 100 meter and 9.3 100….holy crap…

Calvin Johnson also is an insane athlete who has to be on the very, very short list of great athletes…. He has run a 10.23 second 100-meter sprint, at 6’5 and 235 lbs. At the actual Combine, Johnson ran a 4.35 40 time and an 11 ft 7 inch broad jump, which was one of the best in history.

Allen Iverson was Mr Virginia in basketball and football both and many suggested he’d have been a sensational College QB, in the option variety.....

Apparently Vernon Davis is 6-3, 253 and runs a 4.38 forty, can vertical 42 inches and did 33 reps @ 225. He has bended 425 plus, power cleaned 355 and squatted 585…in high school he ran a 10.7 hundred.

Neon Dion's numbers are also amazzzzing of course....lots of candidates out there.....many, many, many, and I agree Scottie Pippen isn't on the list, based on my initial research and I'm not sure Lebron would be top 20 or 30 when it was really broke down

Last edited:
I've never been to bleecher report. Larry and Magic were trancedent bball players, they can't hold a candle to lebron in terms of raw athleticism. Xavier ******* Mcdaniel..... holy **** man.

Still don't get the straw thing do you.....""""""A fallacy in which an opponent's argument is overstated or misrepresented in order to be attacked or refuted."""""""""

Last edited:

Latest posts