lebron is the greatest athlete ever

LeBron was an All-State WR in the state of Ohio as an underclassman. Had he continued playing football (which would have been remarkably stupid) he could have been pretty dang good.

It's a different era. The days of the 2 sport athlete are over.

so does the amount of sex partners count towards this? because that would mean wilt wins easy unless we open it up to 80's hair band rockers too (and im not sure if we can count them as athletes).

he will be rmermbered as the former in ten years.

Love Fest!

Let's see Lebron win two world and olympic decathlon championships and break all the time, height, distance, and scoring records while doing it.

He can jump high but how is his 1500 meters. How good is he at throwing?

100 meters?

Chad - He called you Choad. I don't think it was a typo and I am appalled.

Thanks for your support, but I think it was just a little playful, maybe even flirtatious jab….:D...not that there is anything wrong with that per se, but I do have 5 kids....just sayin'...:cool:

Lebron James and Usain Bolt lining up at tight end and receiver for the same NFL team would be fun to watch.

Lebron James and Usain Bolt lining up at tight end and receiver for the same NFL team would be fun to watch.

I honestly forgot about Bolt...I don't know how anyone wouldn't consider him on the short list of greatest athletes right now and I think he is only 24 or 25. He is a machine in a sport where extreme height is more of a hindrance than a help and he is what…6-5ish. There isn’t anything that man couldn’t do without training I wouldn’t think…except maybe hit a 96 mile per hour fast ball or flip on a balance beam, which again is quite an anomaly in and of itself. Lot of great athletes out there…please sit down Lebron….

As much as I dislike Lebron, it's hard to argue that point. He's certainly not the best basketball player of all time, but I can't think of anyone that's really close to him in terms of athleticism.

I think this sums up my thoughts extremely well. Imagine how dominant he could be as a NFL DE or TE. Bo Jackson was a beast as well.

Still think MJ was the greatest basketball player ever and Lebron won't be able to surpass him. Good job by duff differntiating between best athlete and basketball player in the OP.

I get it….been a lot of Lebron Haters out there, really I get it. I don’t care for him either but honestly this is all just more of the same….I’m not going to read this whole thread because I’m confident it’s a fest of epic idiocy…with that said….

He is likely not the greatest “athlete“ in the NBA…that’s probably Derrick Rose but about 20 others guys deserve a nomination.

He isn’t….Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders, 2 guys who played professional sports at a high level on 2 stages.

He isn’t Wilt Chamberlain…who dominated the game so decisively they changed the rules.

He isnt Bill Russell who at 6’9 out played Chamberlain & other giants to the tune of 9 NBA championships….

He isn’t yet Magic Johnson who led a team from 47 wins and no NBA championship, to 60 wins and an NBA championship. While averaging 18pts, 7.7 rbs and 7.3 assist per game and then in the 6th game Jabbar couldn’t play and they moved Magic to center at which he scored 42pts, 15rbs, 7assts and 3 steals in what is widely considered the clutchest performance of all time all as a rookie.

Or how about Larry Bird….who took a team that was 29 and 53 to 3 straight 60 plus win seasons.

I mean honestly this is just quick stuff, that I already knew and just did a quick google search for veracity. All threads like these do are show a lack of historical perspective and/or a poor attempt to rattle peoples cages. Lebron is a stud like it or not, but he doesn’t win without Wade. And when he wins 6 championships like Jordan then we’ll revaluate. Since that’s unlikely let’s not be hyperbolistic (new word I just made up) & call him even the greatest athlete of all time in the NBA let alone all sports…

I mean we haven’t even attacked the Jmn Browns or Jim Thorpes or Jesses Owens or Carl Lewis’, or, or….a lack of perspective is all we have here. And that is pretty unusual on this board……:rolleyes:

Personally my vote is for Secretariat……:D

From an athletic standpoint, Bird and Magic aren't anywhere close to LeBron. Both had unbelievable basketball skills but neither were exceptional athletes. LeBron is also a better athlete than Rose, anyone who watched the ECF last year saw him physically dominate Rose on defense and that was before Rose's ACL injury. I would even put Westbrook over Rose in terms of athleticism at this point.

Don't put me to the test today, I'm not in the mood.This guy was a perfect specimen, a fantastic athlete. Just look at those shoulders, and that Intimidatin' scowl.
DaleEarnhardt.jpg
Bron could not have sat in the black 3 Lumina and did what Senior did. 4 hours in the summer in the South, no way.

not without getting drug from his car and lynched.

what couldn't he do? had struggle with the technique events like discuss and stuff but he'd dominate the long jump, 100, etc.

He'd get his arse handed to him in the high jump, 400m, 1500m (really badly), and the pole vault.

Being enormous doesn't always help you.

I'm not convinced he'd finish better than last in the hurdles, either.

(I'm talking about him competing against really good athletes who excel in those diciplines).

Have you seen what high jumpers look like? 1500m runners?

People either forget what an amazing athlete Jordan was or didn't see him play. I guarantee you that Jordan had a higher vertical than Lebron.

Latest posts