Kirk Ferentz Hate Thread...please post here only.

That CMU team was loaded with NFL talent.

Also, I want linky of Phreek always saying KF wasnt a good coach and linky of him wanting to trade staffs with Wisky about 4 years ago. I dont want linky to some random boxscore.

I do remember somebody saying they would like to have BB as Iowas HC a couple years back and he was treated similar to somebody who suggested that Kirk was only gonna beat Nebraska if he had to.:)

I do remember somebody saying they would like to have BB as Iowas HC a couple years back and he was treated similar to somebody who suggested that Kirk was only gonna beat Nebraska if he had to.:)

I will agree with the Bert comment. The only thing is I want him to fail at Arkansas and come back here when KF retires in another 4 years.

I will agree with the Bert comment. The only thing is I want him to fail at Arkansas and come back here when KF retires in another 4 years.

I wouldnt be mad about it. If you take out the fact that he was at wisconsin and put him at a school not in the B1G having the same success no Iowa fans would have beef with him.

I just did and I will continue to do so.

Its very par for the course. Kirk fans love to blame the players. I saw you blaming JVB in another thread. The problem with that is the same problems keep happening with many different players. Also lets not forget whose job it is to bring in and teach these players.

Similar to how many fans blame the players when they cant run a 2 min drill......well maybe if they were given a chance to run it more than just when it had to be run they would understand it. No but instead Iowa has a coach who doesnt believe in playing the last two mins before halftime.Or the last two mins in a game in which they are tied. Lets take her to overtime Kirk saids well get em with field goal........or not.

Its very par for the course. Kirk fans love to blame the players. I saw you blaming JVB in another thread. The problem with that is the same problems keep happening with many different players. Also lets not forget whose job it is to bring in and teach these players.

Similar to how many fans blame the players when they cant run a 2 min drill......well maybe if they were given a chance to run it more than just when it had to be run they would understand it. No but instead Iowa has a coach who doesnt believe in playing the last two mins before halftime.Or the last two mins in a game in which they are tied. Lets take her to overtime Kirk saids well get em with field goal........or not.

You haters have no idea how dumb you make yourselves look with comments like this.

1. Who runs the 2 minute drill???????? The players do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Kirk Ferentz. Geez................you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

2. The games would not go to OT if the players would execute the way they are coached to.

You haters are so intoxicated with your own hate that you can't see straight.

FreedComanche

Okay fair enough.... so you understand It wasnt JVBs fault?

I think a lot of the blame for the 2012 offense falls at the feet of Greg Davis.

I dont think JVB was as bad as his numbers were last year.

I also dont think JVB was as good as his 2011 numbers were either.

I think a lot of the blame for the 2012 offense falls at the feet of Greg Davis.

I dont think JVB was as bad as his numbers were last year.

I also dont think JVB was as good as his 2011 numbers were either.

yeah, yeah and yeah. It wasn't ferentz' fault. So get off it OOTH.

FreedComanche

You haters have no idea how dumb you make yourselves look with comments like this.

1. Who runs the 2 minute drill???????? The players do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not Kirk Ferentz. Geez................you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

2. The games would not go to OT if the players would execute the way they are coached to.

You haters are so intoxicated with your own hate that you can't see straight.

FreedComanche

Very few of the people you throw into the "KF fan club" like to blame the players. I don't know where you are getting that. This whole player execution thing came up because Freed said it isn't as important as coaching. Several of us called him out on that statement, and said how well the players execute is equally important to coaching.

No one is claiming Ferentz doesn't deserve the criticism because he does. It's his team so ultimately it is his responsibility to get them to perform. I just do not see where you are getting this "blame the players" argument. We're simply saying the blame goes all around. Everyone shares in it.

Very few of the people you throw into the "KF fan club" like to blame the players. I don't know where you are getting that. This whole player execution thing came up because Freed said it isn't as important as coaching. Several of us called him out on that statement, and said how well the players execute is equally important to coaching.

No one is claiming Ferentz doesn't deserve the criticism because he does. It's his team so ultimately it is his responsibility to get them to perform. I just do not see where you are getting this "blame the players" argument. We're simply saying the blame goes all around. Everyone shares in it.

What the heck you talkn' about? I just mean that the players are the ones who block, tackle, run and all the on field stuff. The coach can't do that. Cut ferentz some slack.

FreedComanche

D*mn, this covers everyone I am trying to think of a group you may have missed.

There should be another group, right in the middle of these: Thought KF was great in 02-04, and maintained complete confidence in him through 05-07 and even the first part of '08, and then felt confirmed during the 13 game winning streak. But then saw 2010 and the total exposure of his weaknesses as a coach (yes there were signs earlier but this was glaring), and lost confidence in him ever sense. Believes he will right the ship in 2014 again, but his time only to the tune of 7 or 8 wins and is done with ever achieving 9 or 10 wins again, and should step down but won't of course, due to the money.

There should be another group, right in the middle of these: Thought KF was great in 02-04, and maintained complete confidence in him through 05-07 and even the first part of '08, and then felt confirmed during the 13 game winning streak. But then saw 2010 and the total exposure of his weaknesses as a coach (yes there were signs earlier but this was glaring), and lost confidence in him ever sense. Believes he will right the ship in 2014 again, but his time only to the tune of 7 or 8 wins and is done with ever achieving 9 or 10 wins again, and should step down but won't of course, due to the money.

Bing, Bing, Bing!!! We have a winner.

I would suggest this is the largest group of fans (the informed ones anyway) But many may not be as optimistic as the highlighted portion of your post

This is just silly. You say 2010 exposed his weaknesses as a coach. Name me even the great coaches that don't have a disappointing year or two in the careers?

FreedComanche

This is just silly. You say 2010 exposed his weaknesses as a coach. Name me even the great coaches that don't have a disappointing year or two in the careers?

Not silly. Even if silly, it still defines a group of people in the spectrum of how Hawk fans view KF, thus a meaningful response to the previous poster who set out 4 groups into which Hawk fans fall on the issue. And yes, even great coaches can have a disappointing year, but truly great coaches don't have disappointing years which are disappointing for the very reason that the coaching itself caused the disappointment. Poor clock maintenance, complete unpreparedness in all facets of special teams, lack of two-minute offense, overly predictable play calling on offense and failure to teach awareness on defense of the slightly less predictable "trick plays" coming from the opposition, lack of leadership over player morale down the stretch of the season, etc. etc., was the difference between a conference championship and 7-5 that year. No one disputes that the talent on that team was capable of winning the Big Ten. I would offer a similar challenge, to name a great coach who's coaching blunders resulted in a disappointing season.

Latest posts