Kirk Ferentz Hate Thread...please post here only.

1 read my post above and check out that thread and see how much of a stand up guy winone is.

2 do you really only want to only read and talk with people who agree with you? Because you could just hit the ignore button everytime anyone saids anything you dont agree with.

Who says we all need to agree?

Do you think it is necessary that every thread get turned into a KF b1tching fest?

Who says we all need to agree?

Do you think it is necessary that every thread get turned into a KF b1tching fest?

I dont change threads into KF threads but if we are talking coaching then yes I give my point of view.

If DP555555 wants only bad things about kirk to be in this thread or not on this site you are saying you only want to talk to people who agree with you.

If you notice people that dont like kirk dont go around preaching and trying to get rid of any kirk fans. Its also funny to me that since I dont like KF everyone is fine with name calling. I dont call kirk names. I dont call anyone else names. If you guys like kirk so much and think hes a standup guy then maybe you should be respectful. But then again we have seen what Kirk calls people when he doesnt agree with their questions at pressers.

I dont change threads into KF threads but if we are talking coaching then yes I give my point of view.

If DP555555 wants only bad things about kirk to be in this thread or not on this site you are saying you only want to talk to people who agree with you.

If you notice people that dont like kirk dont go around preaching and trying to get rid of any kirk fans. Its also funny to me that since I dont like KF everyone is fine with name calling. I dont call kirk names. I dont call anyone else names. If you guys like kirk so much and think hes a standup guy then maybe you should be respectful. But then again we have seen what Kirk calls people when he doesnt agree with their questions at pressers.

No one is calling you a name relax. You've said some pretty ignorant things about KF lately so you kind of bring the criticism on yourself.

I have no problem disagreeing with people. What good would a message board be if everyone felt the same way? The point is virtually every thread no matter what the original topic is ends up getting morphed into a KF discussion because someone can't resist ******** about him. That's what gets annoying. Even more so when the things being said don't even make sense. For example, it could be a thread about a new recruit and someone will say "Who cares? KF will figure out a way to not use him". What's the point of that? It turns into a KF bi$ch fest and diverges from the real topic. If you want to do that then this is the place for it...

In a perfect world, we could all be positively looking forward to the season and anxious to see what all the changes may bring. Unfortunately, it has become apparent that a lot of people prefer to be negative.

Last edited:
No one is calling you a name relax. You've said some pretty ignorant things about KF lately so you kind of bring the criticism on yourself.

I have no problem disagreeing with people. What good would a message board be if everyone felt the same way? The point is virtually every thread no matter what the original topic is ends up getting morphed into a KF discussion because someone can't resist ******** about him. That's what gets annoying. Even more so when the things being said don't even make sense. For example, it could be a thread about a new recruit and someone will say "Who cares? KF will figure out a way to not use him". What's the point of that? It turns into a KF bi$ch fest and diverges from the real topic. If you want to do that then this is the place for it...

In a perfect world, we could all be positively looking forward to the season and anxious to see what all the changes may bring. Unfortunately, it has become apparent that a lot of people prefer to be negative.

Sometimes it's hard to be positive when everything your coach does is the opposite of what works for other teams. I watched every game last season, and we would have something that was working well, and I swear it seemed like we would intentionally switch from what was working to something that didn't work. Example: the flea flicker early in the season that worked beautifully. Did we see any trickery like that the rest of the season? Nope. That's just one example of the mind boggling frustration that KF creates.

Im not say anyone was calling me a name in this thread. I also dont mind if anyone needs to call me a name. It makes you a small person when that is what you need to do.

Also find it funny when you say ignorant. I could say the same about you. Or when somebody comments and saids "ohh finally somebody with common sense" you could counter that with "You dont have any common sense" Youre crazy......No you are crazy.

See thats what people throw at me. Either you have a point or you dont. But replying to Kirks a good coach with Kirks a bad coach doesnt really help any.

So you say You bring critism on yourself.......well you do too.

If you are going to talk Iowa football KF is going to come up........believe me I wish it didnt, cause that would mean hes been gone for a while.

Sometimes it's hard to be positive when everything your coach does is the opposite of what works for other teams. I watched every game last season, and we would have something that was working well, and I swear it seemed like we would intentionally switch from what was working to something that didn't work. Example: the flea flicker early in the season that worked beautifully. Did we see any trickery like that the rest of the season? Nope. That's just one example of the mind boggling frustration that KF creates.

Everything he does is the opposite of what works? That's hard to believe. I understand the frustration though trust me. The offense was as predictable as an 8th grade football team with a stud runningback. That doesn't mean all threads need to diverge into the same KF arguments.

It is a fact that there is a new season coming up. Changes have been made that we know about, and the coaches have said they are addressing what they believe were their biggest issues. Now none of us will know exactly how much change has occurred until we see them play. I'm optimistic that KF realizes he needs to learn how to accept change because if he doesn't he won't be Iowa's head coach much longer.

Im not say anyone was calling me a name in this thread. I also dont mind if anyone needs to call me a name. It makes you a small person when that is what you need to do.

Also find it funny when you say ignorant. I could say the same about you. Or when somebody comments and saids "ohh finally somebody with common sense" you could counter that with "You dont have any common sense" Youre crazy......No you are crazy.

See thats what people throw at me. Either you have a point or you dont. But replying to Kirks a good coach with Kirks a bad coach doesnt really help any.

So you say You bring critism on yourself.......well you do too.

If you are going to talk Iowa football KF is going to come up........believe me I wish it didnt, cause that would mean hes been gone for a while.

Claiming that a Big Ten college football coach, or a coach at any level for that matter, is actually trying to lose is a pretty ignorant thing to say no matter how much you disagree with his approach. That's what I mean when I say you bring the criticism, and probably some of the namecalling on yourself.

Claiming that a Big Ten college football coach, or a coach at any level for that matter, is actually trying to lose is a pretty ignorant thing to say no matter how much you disagree with his approach. That's what I mean when I say you bring the criticism, and probably some of the namecalling on yourself.

You are ignorant for not seeing that he did not try to win the game.

See how easy it is to argue when you dont have to make a point.

Running three plays in the last 1:50 of a game does not seem like trying to me. Or it would seem that Kirk had never coached a game in his life.

Do you have an answer why a coach trying to score a td to win a game would run 3 plays in the last 1:50 of a game?

Offensive ineptitude is the only thing I can tell you. That was probably one the worst called games of Greg Davis' career. There were 40 mph wind gusts that day, and they literally could not figure out anything that would work against Nebraska's defense. There's zero excuses for what Hawk fans had to witness that day. I'm certainly not making any excuses for it. It was absolutely pathetic. Still bothers me just thinking about it.

However, accusing KF of intentionally trying to lose the game is quite simply a ridiculous accusation. Maybe he didn't care if whether they won or lost. Maybe the players didn't either. Not caring is one thing. Trying to lose like you said is a completely different story. No one in Iowa's program would intentionally try to lose. The offense certainly didn't look like they cared.Which is unfortunate because the defense played their tails off that day.

To be perfectly honest I don't really care to have this discussion again. So I'm just going to stop. This thread is a great place for you to blow off your KF steam. I encourage you to do so!

Offensive ineptitude is the only thing I can tell you. That was probably one the worst called games of Greg Davis' career. There were 40 mph wind gusts that day, and they literally could not figure out anything that would work against Nebraska's defense. There's zero excuses for what Hawk fans had to witness that day. I'm certainly not making any excuses for it. It was absolutely pathetic. Still bothers me just thinking about it.

However, accusing KF of intentionally trying to lose the game is quite simply a ridiculous accusation. Maybe he didn't care if whether they won or lost. Maybe the players didn't either. Not caring is one thing. Trying to lose like you said is a completely different story. No one in Iowa's program would intentionally try to lose. The offense certainly didn't look like they cared.Which is unfortunate because the defense played their tails off that day.

To be perfectly honest I don't really care to have this discussion again. So I'm just going to stop. This thread is a great place for you to blow off your KF steam. I encourage you to do so!

This is what I said. I said it 10 times. I said I dont think he wanted to win(meaning they didnt do everything they could to win). I also said he didnt try to win(bs playcalling). I did not say he tried to lose. I was not trying to say he threw a game. Thats what some of you wanted to hear so you could call me crazy.

Find where I said trying to lose. I said not trying to win and there is a difference.

This is what I said. I said it 10 times. I said I dont think he wanted to win(meaning they didnt do everything they could to win). I also said he didnt try to win(bs playcalling). I did not say he tried to lose. I was not trying to say he threw a game. Thats what some of you wanted to hear so you could call me crazy.

Find where I said trying to lose. I said not trying to win and there is a difference.

You claimed he wanted to lose because if he won he would have too much explaining to do. I don't even remember what thread it was in nor do I care. Let it go.

Last edited:
You claimed he wanted to lose because if he won he would have too much explaining to do. I don't even remember what thread it was in nor do I care. Let it go.

Show me where I said he wanted to lose. Never said that.

Said I dont think he even wanted to win to much explaining to do. What I mean by explaining is a team that has the talent to beat Nebraska and cant beat CMU. I dont think he would have the FBI lookin into a football coach who threw a game.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/58813-iowa-vs-nebraska.html

Show me where I said he wanted to lose. Never said that.

Said I dont think he even wanted to win to much explaining to do. What I mean by explaining is a team that has the talent to beat Nebraska and cant beat CMU. I dont think he would have the FBI lookin into a football coach who threw a game.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/58813-iowa-vs-nebraska.html

You are relentless. By claiming he didn't want to have any explaining to do for winning you are insinuating that he was intentionally trying to lose. I'm not sure how you don't understand that. I get that you were probably being sarcastic, but in my opinion (and a few others apparently) it was a pretty ignorant statement to make. I'm entitled to my own opinion. I apologize if you don't like it. Now seriously man I'm done discussing this.

You are relentless. By claiming he didn't want to have any explaining to do for winning you are insinuating that he was intentionally trying to lose. I'm not sure how you don't understand that. I get that you were probably being sarcastic, but in my opinion (and a few others apparently) it was a pretty ignorant statement to make. I'm entitled to my own opinion. I apologize if you don't like it. Now seriously man I'm done discussing this.

Are you done because I called you out about what I actually said and not what you want to think I mean? Thats what you are doing. You dont like my point of view so you want to make what I say seem crazy.

Running three plays in the last 1:50 of a game does not seem like trying to me. Or it would seem that Kirk had never coached a game in his life.

Do you have an answer why a coach trying to score a td to win a game would run 3 plays in the last 1:50 of a game?

Yes i have an answer. You keep saying this so either you didn't watch the Nebraska game, don't have a very good memory, or are making things up in your head to hate KF even more.. I am not name calling, I'm just trying to figure out what game you watched.

Iowa had the ball with 3:31 to go, threw a pass, ran the ball, and then JV threw a pick. That took 1:20 and Nebraska ran out the final 2:11

1) Iowa didn't even have the ball at the end of the game. 2) Iowa threw 2 passes and had 1 run on their last possession.

So explain to me why you keep saying that KF didn't want to win, if you can't even remember what happened: Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Play By Play - November 23, 2012 - ESPN

Didn't really read most of this thread. Just posting to get it to page 4 so NCHawker doesn't have to give up his right nut ;)

And seriously, as stated earlier (in the first few posts that I did read), criticism does not necessarily mean hate.

Yes i have an answer. You keep saying this so either you didn't watch the Nebraska game, don't have a very good memory, or are making things up in your head to hate KF even more.. I am not name calling, I'm just trying to figure out what game you watched.

Iowa had the ball with 3:31 to go, threw a pass, ran the ball, and then JV threw a pick. That took 1:20 and Nebraska ran out the final 2:11

1) Iowa didn't even have the ball at the end of the game. 2) Iowa threw 2 passes and had 1 run on their last possession.

So explain to me why you keep saying that KF didn't want to win, if you can't even remember what happened: Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Play By Play - November 23, 2012 - ESPN

Yes sir I went and relooked at it again. They didnt have the ball at the end look at their last drive though. Thats what I was refering to. Look at how long each play took there was 40 seconds between plays and 30 between the other two. Nebraska wasnt even taking that long and they were ahead. Now what tells me that a coach is trying to get down field and score when he takes 40 seconds and there is 3 min left?

Iowa had trouble going 70 yards in a quarter yet taking 40 seconds between plays to go 70 yards in 3 mins?

Punting from midfield at the end of the game doesnt look like trying to win. However it doesnt look like trying to lose(which is not what I said).

Latest posts