KEN O'KEEFE... Mailed IT IN!

Actually I do...Do you think KF thought PSU could score 17 in the 2nd half? PSU was never scoring 20 in this game. Thats why when PSU was about to get to 10 in the 2nd half you werent really stressed

I'll agree with you on this- i think the game WAS over at half... but it personally it would've been nice in my world to put it out of reach just in case

If we were just going to play 3 and out offense, why not just put 2nd or 3rd stringers in? We didn't because we were still trying to play the game and still trying to score. The problem was that our strategy was extremely poor. The play calling with A-Rob running to the left everything reminded me of kid that puts their hand on a hot stove. The only difference between a kid and KOK is that the kid learns from a bad choice.

Actually I do...Do you think KF thought PSU could score 17 in the 2nd half? PSU was never scoring 20 in this game. Thats why when PSU was about to get to 10 in the 2nd half you werent really stressed

I'll only comment on this one more time as it's ludacris. Do you REALLY think that KF has such little respect for PSU, a top 25 team, to not think that they are capable of scoring 17pts in the second half? If so, you're crazy. Kirk NEVER underestimates his opponents, especially one that year after year is in the top 15 in the country!

Youre right, terrible game tonight ;)

no, you're right on- seriously... had this conversation with lots of people. love the outcome and it's RARE that we get to rag on beating a PSU team like we did tonight and still poke holes through it.

I'm sitting here laughing out loud over this and other message boards' meltdown about KOK/KF's supposed conservative play-calling. Seems to me those complaints are about as predictable as Hayden Fry saying each year around this time that injuries to his players were almost enough to make him quit coaching.

What do some of you expect? It's Iowa football.

KF/KOK did what they had to do to win against Joe Pa and this Penn State program. No more.

Now you're just double-talking. You said we got conservative to not run up the score. Just stop.

We were conservative because thats what it took to guarantee a win...how is this hard to understand?

Im heading to bed...actually pretty happy with the win!

Last edited:
we're all happy you told us you're laughing...?

i mean, we don't all have to agree with you... sorry if you don't agree with me

we're all happy you told us you're laughing...?

i mean, we don't all have to agree with you... sorry if you don't agree with me

I'm laughing because for some posters this is news that KF and KOK call a pretty conservative offensive game.

Go back and check the archives.

I have a question for those who were ok with the run left (gain -1 yard), run left (gain -3 yards), run right (gain 2 yards), punt gameplan...

Did you turn the game off after we got up 17-0 or 17-3, since the win was guaranteed?

I want to preface this by saying I thought the defense was outstanding tonight. However, PSU did take the opening drive of the 2nd half down the field and if not for a tremendous play by Ballard on 4th and goal would have made it a 7 point game. Now our O is starting at the 1 yard line. We got it out to the 30 or so and couldn't get a first down. Don't think Donahue was doing us any favors tonight field position wise and their punter ripped off a 74 yarder in the 2nd half. Yeah the O didn't look that great in the 2nd half at times but give PSU a little credit, they have a good D and always do. Be happy with the W and get off KOK. That being said I was more than happy when Prater took it to the hiz-ouse(making up for getting beat earlier).

I have a question for those who were ok with the run left (gain -1 yard), run left (gain -3 yards), run right (gain 2 yards), punt gameplan...

Did you turn the game off after we got up 17-0 or 17-3, since the win was guaranteed?

Would you have turned it off if it was 35-0?

Sure it was conservative but I was never nervous. It couldve backfired just like an aggressive game plan but the end result was 24-3 against a top 25 team....as Cris Carter would say "CMON MAN!"

Hey... let's all agree to disagree. I for one think we should have been able to do more with our offensive opportunities tonight. Some others are satisfied with our offensive performance. Whether you do or you don't... great Hawkeye win tonight.

Did you guys just all of a sudden become Iowa fans this week or something?

For crying out loud, it's been this way for 12 freaking years. We come out firing, get a lead, and sit on it. Rightly or wrongly, this is the way KF operates and will always operate for as long as he's Iowa's coach. No about of bitc!ing or moaning is going to do anything about it so you may as well just save your "breath".

Iowa came out and did EXACTLY what it had to do. It ran a pretty base offense, got the lead, and let it's strength (the defense) do it's thing. We showed nothing, got out pretty much injury free, and came up with a 3 touchdown win against a Top 25 team.

Was it boring? Absolutely! Was it effective? Damn right it was.

I am just wondering if the same people who like to watch A-Rob going to the left ever time and got nailed by a safety because it is so predictable, would be happy if they carted off A-Rob? There is no point drilling a well when it is dry!! What I'm trying to say if the other team stacks a side they know what we r doing. More tacklers=more likely contact happens and more likely injury's occur. If u want to be conservative just run up the middle then at least u have more blockers. I just don't think we can afford more injury's.

I'm sitting here laughing out loud over this and other message boards' meltdown about KOK/KF's supposed conservative play-calling. Seems to me those complaints are about as predictable as Hayden Fry saying each year around this time that injuries to his players were almost enough to make him quit coaching.

What do some of you expect? It's Iowa football.

KF/KOK did what they had to do to win against Joe Pa and this Penn State program. No more.

Why is it a "meltdown" to question the play calling? So you don't go for the jugular when you have the chance? I think both sides of the ball played pretty well (defense was very solid) and it was a good win.

Latest posts