Just got a text from the coaching community

I agree Doug Wojcik is an interesting name, but like Boylen and Gregory, doesn't quite fit the description Barta said was necessary for the next coach -- "A proven leader, a winner, someone who has competed for championships."

Then again, that quote's ambiguity leaves the door open for quite a lot of people including me.

All these in depth posts are to drive internet traffic...nothing more, nothing less.

Someone should make a list of coaches that haven't been named

I have been against Jacobson but if the 3 names in this thread are our choices I would definitely take Jacobson just as much as any of these 3.

What about Mike Davis? Quinn Snyder? any of those guys would work! I don't care what a coach has done in the past, i am sure they have learned from it! I think either of these two guys would work, I remembe watching Snyder's team in the NCAA they were a 12 seed and went to the elite 8! He could recruit some serious talent and he was a good coach!

Davis I think would be good as well, but i think most of these coaches have to look at the program and think, "Holy Sh!t how did this program get this bad." I am not surprised that no major coach wants to come, we have nothing in the cupboard and nothing coming in for next year.

I putting our total wins for next year at 6!

Gregory has made the NCAA's twice in 7 seasons. He's been over .500 three times in his career in conference and inherited a good situation at Dayton.

He's not the guy Iowa wants.

True but he has also won 22 or more games in the last three season (and 4/7 season), he only had a losing record once in the A10 (2006). In the last three years he has made it to the NIT quarters, NCAA 2nd Round, and is in the NIT again this year (beating Illinois St by 21 and @Cincy by 15). His team was also more competitive than the 22-12 record shows losing 10 games by 6 points or less. He is a pretty good recruiter and his teams play up tempo.

There are definitely bad things about him but I don't think we are going to get a slam dunk hire. I would definitely prefer him over Boylen.

I'm thinking it's polish.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Latest posts