Just got a text from the coaching community

the TOS is blowing up with Bruce Pearl rumors, just curious if anyone else has heard anything or if this is just someone try to stir the pot?

Message board guys are a very small subset in the larger group of fans. Message board guys are not even all of the guys on a message board.

Fans are people who like the team. Message board guy is the one who is obsessed with it, to the point where he gets so emotionally involved with the team that he no longer lets reason guide his ffelings towards the team, or the sport in general. Message board guy thinks he knows everything about the team, when in fact he knows very little. He is awash in a tide of rumor, misinformation, and hope/dispair which clouds him from reality.

Coaches, along with pretty much any other intelligent person, don't waste their time trying to get these people on board.

Gotta agree with this, heck messageboard guy likes to make up rumors hoping that somebody else will pick them up and make their site look good. (present messageboard excluded)

one of the people I know in the college coaching community just texted me and said he has heard that three former MSU coaches are interviewing for the job: Brian Gregory, Jim Boylen and Doug Wojcik.

Now, you can believe what you want on this front, and I am not saying this is a fact...but coaches talk to one another all of the time, especially this time of year. That's where a lot of leads come from related to stuff like this.

I asked him of those three which was best suited to get the job done at Iowa, his reply was: "I'd say a tight race. All would be pretty solid."

This person is familiar with Iowa's situation, which is why that last answer was encouraging to hear, because he has never been afraid to tell me if he believes someone couldn't handle the job.

ONE MORE TIME: I haven't confirmed this beyond this text. I really don't think I could, because Barta and the committee aren't going to talk to anyone. So I am not saying this has or will happened with regards to interviews with these guys. Just passing along the things I hear from places that have provided good info in the past.

I would prefer Chris Collins over these guys.

I would guess that someone with 1095 posts would be a message board guy who is obsessed with message boards

I want Forbes or Barbee.

Not a fan of the MSU guys.

Agree! Boylen and Gregory have not been great at Utah and Dayton for crap sakes!!! If this is the best we can do then we need a new AD. Hopefully these rumors are about Barta's B list and not serious canidates.

I would guess that someone with 1095 posts would be a message board guy who is obsessed with message boards

1095? Please.

I used to be message board guy. I understand message board guy. I know message board guy. More importantly, I know what everyone else thinks about message board guy.

I speak the truth.

Message board guys are a very small subset in the larger group of fans. Message board guys are not even all of the guys on a message board.

Fans are people who like the team. Message board guy is the one who is obsessed with it, to the point where he gets so emotionally involved with the team that he no longer lets reason guide his ffelings towards the team, or the sport in general. Message board guy thinks he knows everything about the team, when in fact he knows very little. He is awash in a tide of rumor, misinformation, and hope/dispair which clouds him from reality.

Coaches, along with pretty much any other intelligent person, don't waste their time trying to get these people on board.

Correct, bemusing...............but correct.

I totally agree. That being said, what Gregory has not been able to do at Dayton is a concern to me.

I don't think it's all that hard to get the tag of being a 'good recruiter' when you work for Tom Izzo.

Jon, why the change in opinion from last week? Last Tuesday, you were all full of **** and vinegar, and excited about the prospects for the future. What happened between then and now to temper your enthusiasm for who might get the job? Is it the reality of the situation making itself apparent, or has Iowa (based on what you know) been rejected by the guys on the A list?

Or were the A-list guys ever realistic in the first place, and that list more of a "I wish I had a million dollars" type list?

Iowa basketball doesn't have time for that. As I've said before, you could have gone that route when Alford left, but it's pretty much do or die for the basketball program. I understand Iowa has to rebuild, but time is running out. If this next hire doesn't work out, Iowa basketball will be all but dead. The situation has gone from bad to worse (who would have though) from Alford to Lick. I don't even want to know how it could feel worse but rock bottom is getting near.

Take that **** somewhere else, chicken little.

you describe yourself oh so well....

Latest posts