Just a rant

If winning is so easy in CFB and Iowa has such an easy schedule, please give me a list of teams that are winning 70% of their games over the last 5 years. In any conference. It would stand to reason if the WEST is some cake walk, at least a couple other programs might be racking up a lot of wins in that division right?

I await all of your answers.

Iowa plays in one of the only 2 conferences that matter in CFB and trying to discredit their success is a pretty big loser mentality.

Also, it stands to reason that there would be a lot of programs that are doing way better than Iowa since we are accepting this mediocre football. I am waiting for those teams. They are out there, but I'd like to know who's winning more and what giants these teams are slaying week in and week out.

Not trolling at all, those teams maybe having early success, THIS season, but are perenial doormats that have not sustained any sort of long term success in football in a long long while. Kind of like ISU has done here and there....pretty much mirror images.

GA and Bama dont get a flier, they schedule Middle Tenn State in week 9 right before their biggest game of the year against their biggest rival. They are smart. Iowa should take notes, not try and schedule harder. They know that all they need to do is win their conference and they are in. Guess who's in the same f'ing boat? Iowa. Come on man, you know that. Iowa could play 3 trashcans but if they win the B1G, they are getting in the playoff.

Iowa got embarrassed, no argument, but it's one game, on the road, in a hostell environment in a rain storm. Take it easy. Teams lose to good teams. That's what happens. You can turn on your TV every Saturday and Sunday and watch some GREAT coaches and GREAT players get their ass's kicked and that's EVERY SINGLE Week. Losing this game doesn't immediately put us in the mediocre camp. Iowa is a football factory. We got our ass handed to us. It happens CONSTANTLY in football at all levels. If you don't understand that then I think you must only watch Iowa and Iowa alone. Which is fine, but like that CO team you are toating out of one side of your mouth just got emberassed on national TV last week as well. Like, even worse than Iowa did. Colorado football sucks dude. Iowa would drag their dicks in the dirt.
You first said that those schools aren't on a different plane then ISU currently. Good job spinning it about being about the past.

Win the conference... Yeah there's a novel idea. Let's try that. Remember the yr we did win the west and Michigan throttled us in BIG title game? Even had we won that we weren't going to the playoffs. Or how about the yr MSU beat us at the very end. Even that yr it was largely talked about even had we won that we didn't belong in final 4 and that was due to what??? Iowa mighta squeaked in that yr had Iowa kept MSU out of the endzone but it was a legit argument as to why they didn't. If say Iowa runs the table from here with that PSU blemish on our resume you think if Iowa were to beat Michigan OSU or PSU in a rematch again by 1 in the BIG title game that Iowa'd be in the playoffs you're dreaming.

Iowa isn't Oregon sorry to tell you. If Iowa couldn't slow down PSUs O in the sloppy rain how do you think they'd fair against CO? CO football used to suck yes. But they have a legit future 1st round pick at QB multiple weapons and a passing game. They'll be recruiting circles around Iowa I'm sure they already are and they've made them selves a transfer destination. Sure yr 1 they'll take lumps against a top 10 team but they won't for long unlike us. I'm glad Iowa isn't playing them anytime soon. I'll be curious how ISU does against TCU later in the yr. Because yeah I only pay attention to Iowa....

You first said that those schools aren't on a different plane then ISU currently. Good job spinning it about being about the past.

Win the conference... Yeah there's a novel idea. Let's try that. Remember the yr we did win the west and Michigan throttled us in BIG title game? Even had we won that we weren't going to the playoffs. Or how about the yr MSU beat us at the very end. Even that yr it was largely talked about even had we won that we didn't belong in final 4 and that was due to what??? Iowa mighta squeaked in that yr had Iowa kept MSU out of the endzone but it was a legit argument as to why they didn't. If say Iowa runs the table from here with that PSU blemish on our resume you think if Iowa were to beat Michigan OSU or PSU in a rematch again by 1 in the BIG title game that Iowa'd be in the playoffs you're dreaming.

Iowa isn't Oregon sorry to tell you. If Iowa couldn't slow down PSUs O in the sloppy rain how do you think they'd fair against CO? CO football used to suck yes. But they have a legit future 1st round pick at QB multiple weapons and a passing game. They'll be recruiting circles around Iowa I'm sure they already are and they've made them selves a transfer destination. Sure yr 1 they'll take lumps against a top 10 team but they won't for long unlike us. I'm glad Iowa isn't playing them anytime soon. I'll be curious how ISU does against TCU later in the yr. Because yeah I only pay attention to Iowa....
If Iowa runs the table from here and won in Indy they undoubtedly will be in the college football playoff picture. It won't happen, not saying it will happen but they absolutely would be in the mix in that scenario. It would be very hard to keep a 1 loss B1G champ out of the top 4. Has that ever happened? Where do you come up with this stuff lol? They would at very least be in the mix of the 5 or 6 teams being discussed.

Colorado will be lucky to finish .500 this season in a way inferior conference than the B1G. They likely will lose their coach in less than 3 seasons, if that, and will be the doormat they have been for the last 30 years. That's not sustained success. That's a flash in the pan. I don't want that. I don't want 1 or 2 good seasons and dog shit all around it and let me tell you, CO isn't going to do shit. I want to cheer for a winner that is always winning. A lot of teams recruit circles around Iowa and that's been happening since the dawn of time. It doesn't change the fact that CO can't hold Iowa's jock in football, this season or any season since Kordell Stewart laced them up. I am glad you like that flashy shit but CO would get eaten alive in the B1G west having to play teams that actually play defense every once in a while.

I am still waiting for all of these teams having the success that Iowa has, until then i'll just sit here and enjoy my mediocre football team winning 8+ games for the 9th year in a row that's 46-19 since 2018.

46-19 .... you're calling that program mediocre, that plays in the B1G. You're really losing site of things by the result against a handful of elite programs. I am not trying to pee on you and tell you it's raining but I am trying to tell you that Iowa is no where near mediocre.

Iowa is playing 10 Power 5 teams a year, that's 2 more than 90% of the SEC. Why in god's green earth would Iowa make it a harder road to the playoffs?

Most of the SEC plays at least 9 P5 games. The conference provides 8 games. Then there are a bunch of SEC teams that have an in-state ACC rival that they play the last week. Kentucky-Louisville, Florida-Florida State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, South Carolina-Clemson. Bama almost always plays a solid program early. Played Texas the past two years. USC. Michigan. They ain't scared. The SEC also has a tie in with that Chick Fil A kickoff game which draws teams like Auburn or LSU to play some high end program for a huge payout.

Guys like you who feel the need to tear down the SEC make me sick. The SEC is a stellar conference and programs like Vanderbilt would give anything to trade their schedule for Iowa's.

Most of the SEC plays at least 9 P5 games. The conference provides 8 games. Then there are a bunch of SEC teams that have an in-state ACC rival that they play the last week. Kentucky-Louisville, Florida-Florida State, Georgia-Georgia Tech, South Carolina-Clemson. Bama almost always plays a solid program early. Played Texas the past two years. USC. Michigan. They ain't scared. The SEC also has a tie in with that Chick Fil A kickoff game which draws teams like Auburn or LSU to play some high end program for a huge payout.

Guys like you who feel the need to tear down the SEC make me sick. The SEC is a stellar conference and programs like Vanderbilt would give anything to trade their schedule for Iowa's.
Make you sick? lol. The SEC is a stellar conference, I didn't say anything of the contrary so hopefully you're not that sick over all this. The SEC has won 13 of the last 16 national championships playing eight conference games, most but not all schedule an extra P5 team but the topic here is Iowa scheduling even more P5 games to prove somehow they are worthy? I say Iowa should do 9 like the SEC does instead of the 10 we're doing annually so we can pump up those #'s.

I really don't want anyone getting sick over a message board discussion among Iowa fans. It's hard to hear that Iowa is an amazing football program that proves it year in year out. They do lose, often times when up against programs on much more solid footing within the landscape of football. They lose to some of the bad teams too... but again, my point is, that's most programs.

Anyways, not trying to make ya'll sick. Iowa sucks! Hopefully all is better now.

If Iowa runs the table from here and won in Indy they undoubtedly will be in the college football playoff picture. It won't happen, not saying it will happen but they absolutely would be in the mix in that scenario. It would be very hard to keep a 1 loss B1G champ out of the top 4. Has that ever happened? Where do you come up with this stuff lol? They would at very least be in the mix of the 5 or 6 teams being discussed.

Colorado will be lucky to finish .500 this season in a way inferior conference than the B1G. They likely will lose their coach in less than 3 seasons, if that, and will be the doormat they have been for the last 30 years. That's not sustained success. That's a flash in the pan. I don't want that. I don't want 1 or 2 good seasons and dog shit all around it and let me tell you, CO isn't going to do shit. I want to cheer for a winner that is always winning. A lot of teams recruit circles around Iowa and that's been happening since the dawn of time. It doesn't change the fact that CO can't hold Iowa's jock in football, this season or any season since Kordell Stewart laced them up. I am glad you like that flashy shit but CO would get eaten alive in the B1G west having to play teams that actually play defense every once in a while.

I am still waiting for all of these teams having the success that Iowa has, until then i'll just sit here and enjoy my mediocre football team winning 8+ games for the 9th year in a row that's 46-19 since 2018.

46-19 .... you're calling that program mediocre, that plays in the B1G. You're really losing site of things by the result against a handful of elite programs. I am not trying to pee on you and tell you it's raining but I am trying to tell you that Iowa is no where near mediocre.
It would be hard to keep a 1 loss OSU Michigan or PSU out of it. But not Iowa with our weak schedule and style of play. I can rattle off 8 other schools not in the BIG with 1 loss or fewer atm that'd be ahead of Iowa come decision time most likely. Iowa would barely be in top 10 I bet. Because even if they win out they'd all be low scoring close slobber knockers.

Easy to say all that about CO when we aren't playing them. They have a more impressive win then Iowa does so far or will have most likely this season. What'll you be saying if Iowa loses to Neb again? Don't say that's impossible because recent history suggests it sure is.

Thanks for making my point. Yes Iowa's won a lot of games. Why is that? It couldn't possibly be because the BIG west is soft and they play cupcakes and ISU in non con every yr is it? You can be satisfied with beating teams they should all the time and not being able to get over the hump consistently due to nepotism and an OC that can't recruit/develop or playcall his way out of a paper bag. Some of us see the potential for more and aren't crazy about settling...

I am really bored with the continued comments on Iowa’s schedule. First, we have made the choice to schedule 2 teams we should beat early in the season so coaches can identify strengths and weaknesses among players. I think that is smart. From there, we have absolutely no choice on who we play. Like it or not, the ISU game is popular as hell around Iowa. Like, really popular. KF is not going to pick that battle, ie, getting ISU off the schedule. That would be lose/lose for KF. And, we still kick their ass for in state recruits.

Then. The BT schedule is set by the BT, not KF, which of course, “Old” suggests that KF manipulates the schedule. Good grief. We play the teams from the East on a rotation basis as determined by the Conference decision makers. Give them a call and register your concerns.

The BT West is the BT West. Yell and scream when Iowa loses a game in the West and tell everyone who will listen that when we win games in our division, they really should not count due to inferior competition. The good news is that the consistent critic brigade on HN won’t have the West to kick around after this season. But, they will likely find much to denigrate about Iowa football in the “new” conference that can’t count.

So, I will stay a big fan at the same time I am embarrassed by our Offense.

Make you sick? lol. The SEC is a stellar conference, I didn't say anything of the contrary so hopefully you're not that sick over all this. The SEC has won 13 of the last 16 national championships playing eight conference games, most but not all schedule an extra P5 team but the topic here is Iowa scheduling even more P5 games to prove somehow they are worthy? I say Iowa should do 9 like the SEC does instead of the 10 we're doing annually so we can pump up those #'s.
I'm just saying replace ISU.... Would I be against getting rid of another preseason non con cupcake? Sure but even just replacing ISU with someone legit yr in and yr out would be suffice.

It would be hard to keep a 1 loss OSU Michigan or PSU out of it. But not Iowa with our weak schedule and style of play. I can rattle off 8 other schools not in the BIG with 1 loss or fewer atm that'd be ahead of Iowa come decision time most likely. Iowa would barely be in top 10 I bet. Because even if they win out they'd all be low scoring close slobber knockers.

Easy to say all that about CO when we aren't playing them. They have a more impressive win then Iowa does so far or will have most likely this season. What'll you be saying if Iowa loses to Neb again? Don't say that's impossible because recent history suggests it sure is.

Thanks for making my point. Yes Iowa's won a lot of games. Why is that? It couldn't possibly be because the BIG west is soft and they play cupcakes and ISU in non con every yr is it? You can be satisfied with beating teams they should all the time and not being able to get over the hump consistently due to nepotism and an OC that can't recruit/develop or playcall his way out of a paper bag. Some of us see the potential for more and aren't crazy about settling...
I am not satisfied what so ever, I am also making a point that it's not THAT bad either. We get to cheer for a team that is one of the most consistent winning programs in the sport the last 20 years...even with a lot stacked against it when it comes to being successful at football. I believe that's because we have a great coach. I enjoy Iowa football. Can I be proud of it or do I have to just be upset? You tell me how to fan all you want but it's dog shit takes like yours that keep me coming back to this site.

I'm just saying replace ISU.... Would I be against getting rid of another preseason non con cupcake? Sure but even just replacing ISU with someone legit yr in and yr out would be suffice.
Who, pray tell, will remove ISU from the schedule? Given the in State popularity of this game, the “re-mover” would suffer the fate of the late Tom Dooley.

No argument here, to heck with ISU. I am just saying, Iowa is playing 10 P5 programs a season, that's on the higher side compared to their peers.

I am really bored with the continued comments on Iowa’s schedule. First, we have made the choice to schedule 2 teams we should beat early in the season so coaches can identify strengths and weaknesses among players. I think that is smart. From there, we have absolutely no choice on who we play. Like it or not, the ISU game is popular as hell around Iowa. Like, really popular. KF is not going to pick that battle, ie, getting ISU off the schedule. That would be lose/lose for KF. And, we still kick their ass for in state recruits.

Then. The BT schedule is set by the BT, not KF, which of course, “Old” suggests that KF manipulates the schedule. Good grief. We play the teams from the East on a rotation basis as determined by the Conference decision makers. Give them a call and register your concerns.

The BT West is the BT West. Yell and scream when Iowa loses a game in the West and tell everyone who will listen that when we win games in our division, they really should not count due to inferior competition. The good news is that the consistent critic brigade on HN won’t have the West to kick around after this season. But, they will likely find much to denigrate about Iowa football in the “new” conference that can’t count.

So, I will stay a big fan at the same time I am embarrassed by our Offense.
I am embarrassed by our offense too, how could you not be.... ?my whole argument with anything is this picture people want to paint about Iowa being some mediocre program that we all support and keep in place because we accept medoicre football. This isn't mediocre or near it....when Iowa starts to be mediocre, like say this season, we go 7-5 or 6-6 or worse, multiple seasons in a row...I'll have a problem with that. I'll want change.

But, let's just be real, the school has only won 10 or more games 10 times in 124 years .... how much better do you guys think it's going to get for Iowa football?

The Big Ten West is objectively one of the worst major college football divisions ever devised. There's no arguing that. I am excited to see some of those Pac 10 teams come to Iowa particularly when it is cold, I think it is going to be great. But I am not excited to see Iowa go west. Those trips have been nothing but a house of pain for 40 years.

I think fans have a reasonable gripe about the schedule because if you are still shelling out big dollars to go to Iowa games you are getting a fraction of the value you got out of tickets back before league expansion. Again, not Iowa's fault, but many years, including this one, the home schedule just absolutely sucks.

I am not satisfied what so ever, I am also making a point that it's not THAT bad either. We get to cheer for a team that is one of the most consistent winning programs in the sport the last 20 years...even with a lot stacked against it when it comes to being successful at football. I believe that's because we have a great coach. I enjoy Iowa football. Can I be proud of it or do I have to just be upset? You tell me how to fan all you want but it's dog shit takes like yours that keep me coming back to this site.
Good grief dude. Most of your ranting is about how perfect Iowa has been and that all they do is win more than most and fans who are asking for more are stupid and spoiled and we shouldn't even consider asking for more. Make up your mind on what you want and maybe have some consistent takes.

Good grief dude. Most of your ranting is about how perfect Iowa has been and that all they do is win more than most and fans who are asking for more are stupid and spoiled and we shouldn't even consider asking for more. Make up your mind on what you want and maybe have some consistent takes.
No... just no. I'm done with you. Good grief? Am I upsetting you? I don't get it. I am not satisfied with Iowa football, please show me where I said that? I do like to have fun with people who have very little knowledge about the history of our program or the sport of CFB in general that then try and tell people that Iowa is failing when it couldn't be further then the truth.

Are they failing to be one of the top 15 teams in the country every single season? Yes. That's not unique to this coaching staff. It's the way it's always been but I always want more. I just have, like history on my side when I say these things right? I also have never called anyone stupid but I do think as Iowa fans, we've been pretty spoiled with having a program that competes and wins consistently in a sport where it's hard to sustain that type of thing.

That's where we go off the rails in our ideals for Iowa football. I am not going to call 46-19 over the last 5 seasons mediocre and I doubt anyone with any objectivety would either. We are a one of the better program's in the B1G and CFB in general. I can see that and say that and also recognize that Iowa has some serious issues on offense, I put that all on our HC.

If winning is so easy in CFB and Iowa has such an easy schedule, please give me a list of teams that are winning 70% of their games over the last 5 years.
I'll do just that for ya...here it is in order of winning percentage, 70% and above. BYU is just after Iowa at 69.6%

Georgia
OSU
Bama
Clemson
Notre Dame
Cincy
Michigan
Oregon
Oklahoma
Utah
Penn State
Iowa

Iowa is 12th out of 133 D1 team in winning % over the past 5 years.

Let's fire the staff like you-know-who did when Pelini was winning ballgames..

YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS. COMPLETE DUMBASSES.

No... just no. I'm done with you. Good grief? Am I upsetting you? I don't get it. I am not satisfied with Iowa football, please show me where I said that? I do like to have fun with people who have very little knowledge about the history of our program or the sport of CFB in general that then try and tell people that Iowa is failing when it couldn't be further then the truth.

Are they failing to be one of the top 15 teams in the country every single season? Yes. That's not unique to this coaching staff. It's the way it's always been but I always want more. I just have, like history on my side when I say these things right? I also have never called anyone stupid but I do think as Iowa fans, we've been pretty spoiled with having a program that competes and wins consistently in a sport where it's hard to sustain that type of thing.

That's where we go off the rails in our ideals for Iowa football. I am not going to call 46-19 over the last 5 seasons mediocre and I doubt anyone with any objectivety would either. We are a one of the better program's in the B1G and CFB in general. I can see that and say that and also recognize that Iowa has some serious issues on offense, I put that all on our HC.
Comment 52 on this thread I literally highlighted it when I replied to you you said "I am not satisfied what so ever," You're flip flopping like a politician. So yeah I'm done too you're inconsistent takes are just impossible to take anything away from. Go be happy with the consistency of mediocrity I guess. Some of us won't. You'll just have to live with it that others don't think like you do.

Latest posts